PDA

View Full Version : Incursion (1.0.0) coming this Tuesday

Flamov
11-27-2010, 11:04 AM
http://incursion.eveonline.com/

EVE Online: Incursion 1.0.0 will be deployed on Tuesday, November 30, 2010. Incursion 1.0.0 features a new salvaging ship, the Noctis, a vast number of player-requested improvements and fixes as well as important server-side optimizations.

http://incursion.eveonline.com/en/incursion/article/58/incursion-release-date

T@T-2-MoNk3y
11-27-2010, 12:36 PM
i'm waiting on them scrapping the learning skills and getting the invested skill points back. (mid dec)

2.2M on one character, 1.7M on the other... also most of my training times will reduce too :)

Leader Bee
11-28-2010, 12:40 PM
i just lost my cerberus in a live sansha event. Admittedly i was on my crummy ♥♥♥ laptop at the time I should have expected to.

Hope the sansha missions they introduce in the patch dont own me as badly.

Flamov
11-28-2010, 12:46 PM
I'm just happy for AA support, finally.

T@T-2-MoNk3y
11-28-2010, 01:28 PM
these sansha missions are supposed to be a ♥♥♥♥♥... might go to a few highsec ones in my basilisk...

pureobscure
11-28-2010, 02:17 PM
i'm waiting on them scrapping the learning skills and getting the invested skill points back. (mid dec)

I had no idea that they had finally agreed to do this. That's awesome!

T@T-2-MoNk3y
11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=824

THEREFORE, let it be understood that we have now the following plan:

As of downtime today, all NPC sell orders for the eleven skills in the Learning group (hereafter referred to as "learning skills") have been CANCELLED. They're really not much use in the long run, we don't want to complicate later steps with unusual inflows of skillbooks, and it might go some way towards limiting the amount of scams that we know you're going to be running. Please, think of the children newbies.

FURTHERMORE, as of a patch which should arrive on (or about) the 14th of December:

ALL LEARNING SKILLS WILL DISAPPEAR

We're not kidding. In your head, in your hangar or in your anything else, they're gone. Vamoosh. Deleted. Sent to the big recycle bin in the sky. Etc etc.

All skillpoints invested in learning skills will be reimbursed (http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Skill_Reimbursement), including all the fiddly corner cases. If you have 2,012,692 SP in learning, you will find yourself down those skills, but with 2,012,692 skillpoints to redistribute.
All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.
This will also involve cancelling any and all market orders containing these skills. Contracts containing learning skills will have those skillbooks substituted for copies of the Pax Amarria.
All new and existing characters will have an extra 12 base points (ie, non-remappable) in each attribute.
The 100% training speed bonus up to 1.6m SP will no longer be available. People partway through this bonus will lose the remaining bonus amount. They will of course gain a huge attribute bonus to make up for it.
Miscellaneous other cleanup tasks will be performed that are not very interesting, details available on request.

\o/

Better|Off|Dead
11-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh man, so many Learning SP to re-apply. *drools*

T@T-2-MoNk3y
11-30-2010, 06:52 AM
also if any of the learning skills gain more skill points than what you are currently training, train that learning skill instead for extra points that can be reassigned to what you were already training and have some spare ;)

Sinitron
11-30-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm going to use my learning skillpoints to max Caldari and Gallente battleships to level 5 for Rattlesnake funtimes.

pureobscure
11-30-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm going to use my learning skillpoints to max Caldari and Gallente battleships to level 5 for Rattlesnake funtimes.

If only the Caldari had a battleship worth flying*

*well, worth flying for PVP anyway ;-)

Dazzled
11-30-2010, 04:37 PM
these sansha missions are supposed to be a ♥♥♥♥♥... might go to a few highsec ones in my basilisk...

the sansha ai is the same as for sleepers... I predict mass carnage in all hight sec systems where newbies might stumble upon them.

Sinitron
11-30-2010, 10:23 PM
If only the Caldari had a battleship worth flying*

*well, worth flying for PVP anyway ;-)

Scorpion and Rokh for fleets, torpedo Raven for ganking big stuff, helped real well by a couple target painters. There are plenty of things they can do, just not solo work.

Raquel
12-02-2010, 06:13 AM
hm anyone knows when/if steam will update the client name from tyrannis to incursion ? Not a big deal i know, just curious

Flamov
12-02-2010, 02:11 PM
hm anyone knows when/if steam will update the client name from tyrannis to incursion ? Not a big deal i know, just curious

The client updates itself rather than doing it through Steam. The update was out at exactly the same time as the 'normal' clients as they're both the same thing!