PDA

View Full Version : Can my computer handle this game?

RedBarron4
11-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Hey everyone.
Sort of a newbie to this game. I have the old Driver Eddition and enjoyed that but would like step up to the full game.

I am looking at this game or railworks2. I like the fact that there is a ton of user generated and 3rd party content for this game. On paper though it seems a bit hefty to run.

My computer stats are as follows.
AMD64 X2 4400+ (2.4GHz)
3 Gigs ram (4th one fried)
Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX
DX 9
Win XP x64

I was going to buy this from steam which is where I buy most my games these days. Steam says the requirements are a pentium D 3.4 GHz and 15GB HD space? That seems like quite a jump in power and resources from the 2009 version.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

Under Oath
07-27-2012, 05:23 PM
if you dont meet the minimum dont get it. unless you want to bluescreen

RedBarron4
07-31-2012, 06:09 AM
Ha! I guess a response 2 years later is bettern than none at all. Thank you sir or mam.

Also who gets bluescreens anymore? I haven't seen one of those in years.

RolandBP
08-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Hi Red Baron, I have a system a little like yours, single Pentium 2.4 and only 2GB of RAM. Mostly Trainz 12 runs fine with The Mojave Subdivision, but has some problems with the other U.S. Route but just gives up trying to run that Huge British route. I would recommend the purchase of the following routes from AURAN The Settle + Carlisle Line and Murchison 2. Also The Marias Pass from www.hp-trainz.de They all run perfectly on my system. One day I will upgrade to a multi core system with more HDD space.
Cheers Roland

roguekiller2323
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM
well the game is going to be updated to the 2013 version on 20th September 2012, so the requirements will most likely change as a result.

i'd wait until the new patch to see what it's like, if they have added support for lower end cards.

it will most likely work on your computer, but will be very poor, the lowest settings might work but they will get low frame rates.