PDA

View Full Version : Is FM 2011 worth it ?

Pedqchovek
11-28-2010, 09:47 AM
So..yeah.

First of all, will it run on my rig: Inter Celeron Single 3.0GHz,1024 MB RAM, Nvidia 6600. I am asking this since I saw that some of the retailers have listed it as a Dual Core game.

Second, can a person who just enjoys watching matches and playing football play the game ?

Third, what is the learning curve of the game.

Fourth, can you do well in the Premier League as either Spurs or Arsenal (I know they are arch-rivals but I love their playing style :p ).

johnhughthom
11-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Yes to everything, except perhaps the system specs. It will run, but more than a few league could be slow, another gig of RAM would improve things hugely.

Learning curve depends on how deep you want to dig into the tactics, a lot of people pick a preset tactic and work away, others like to tweak every aspect of their team.

Pedqchovek
11-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Well I like to tweak the tactics a bit since I prefer 4-4-2 Attacking and 3-4-3 Wings .

johnhughthom
11-28-2010, 12:02 PM
A basic 4-4-2 always works well, I've never managed to get a tactic with a back 3 working well in any FM game though, I have read of other people doing so on the SI forums though. I play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 myself, working well.

Pedqchovek
11-29-2010, 09:22 AM
A basic 4-4-2 always works well, I've never managed to get a tactic with a back 3 working well in any FM game though, I have read of other people doing so on the SI forums though. I play a narrow 4-1-2-1-2 myself, working well.

3-4-3 is very risky. The key is to know what players to use. You need to be creative and use your imagination. Sometimes you need to eploy a LB-CD-RB, while others a 3CD may work wonders. Heck, sometimes I even deploy a sweeper and when I am loosing badly I throw 2 Wingbecks just for an all in :p .

johnhughthom
11-29-2010, 11:07 AM
In my current I game I tried to play a sweeper system, team was pants so I pulled my wingbacks back to full back and moved the sweeper into a DM position. Team started playing great after that.