PDA

View Full Version : No sound in-game

Hrodeth
11-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello, hopefully someone can help. =)

I just installed the game and there is no sound. I've checked in-game settings, they seem fine. I've verified the game cache via steam - no problems.

Other games - no problems, sound is there.

The only thing I can think is that during installation, .net framework tried to download something to revert to a previous state (SP1) ? And had some sort of error.

I honestly don't remember how I had .net set up, because I have used Visual Studio and the MSDN library. It hasn't conflicted with anything before.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hrodeth
11-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Just upgraded to .net 4.0. Don't think that's the problem now. Seriously, anyone know what could cause this, with this game only?

MADDOGGE
11-28-2010, 06:20 PM
Just verify your game cache. For good measure restart your rig. If that doesn't work you could restore to a date prior to messing with .netframework.

Hrodeth
11-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Thanks. As stated in the OP, had already verified game cache. My second post, updated .net.

I just fixed the problem.

This will affect people who have Windows Vista 64 bit and the SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio card.

May also affect people who have had to change channel frequency to make Dead Rising 2 work.

Solution at http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=47102

MADDOGGE
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry OP, I focused in on the net part and missed that you had verified already.:o:o

Hrodeth
11-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Sorry OP, I focused in on the net part and missed that you had verified already.:o:o

No worries, I appreciate the response. =)