PDA

View Full Version : Graphocs in Demo

roders
11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi, I know this isn't what this games about, but wondered if the graphics (specifically textures) in the full gamea are any higher quality than in the demo?

MADDOGGE
11-28-2010, 06:38 PM
The same as far as I can tell and the environments outside the hallways are very pretty. I personally enjoyed the visuals especially the huge outside maps. I liked the visual style used.

roders
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Shame, I'm sure all you said is true, but I thought the quality of the textures in the demo was a little poor.

MADDOGGE
11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Honestly I think the game lovely. The graphics fit the game but if you don't like them there is nothing I can possibly say to change you opinion. I personally play games to play not admire graphics. Peace!

roders
11-29-2010, 07:20 AM
I think the games fun, I like the graphical style etc etc, I just thought the surface textures used, at least at the beginning of the game, weren't high quality.

Ghostbreed
11-29-2010, 07:57 AM
I personally play games to play not admire graphics. Peace!
how does that +rep cake taste?

roders
11-29-2010, 08:28 AM
I think its probably increasing his waistline.

I think a great game is made with great gameplay/originality/ and great Graphics, not just one, or the other.

e.g Beyond Good & Evil & Pscyhonauts are prob my fave games ever.

MADDOGGE
11-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Yumm tasty. Keep in mind this is their first commercial game. I know there are things not perfect in most games. LOL I have a game called Dirt, it's a TPS not the racing game and there is one place where a texture supposed to cover the entire store front but it is shrunk down into a mini picture and in the upper corner instead of covering the whole brush.:D:D

Elensar
11-29-2010, 09:40 AM
I think KF looks fantastic to be honest... It may not be as eye candy full as some games but graphics doesnt always mean great game if graphics are your primary focus when game shopping then I feel sorry for you because you will miss out on so many fantastic games.

~Peace

MADDOGGE
11-29-2010, 09:50 AM
While I agree with you Elensar, I didn't get the feeling the OP was saying this. He just likes a nice mix whereas I'll play anything if fun, even if my eyes bleed. Rise of the Triad for the win!:D

Ghostbreed
11-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Rise of the Triad for the win!:D
ohh, that famous EFF YOU arm ;)

Elensar
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
While I agree with you Elensar, I didn't get the feeling the OP was saying this. He just likes a nice mix whereas I'll play anything if fun, even if my eyes bleed. Rise of the Triad for the win!:D

Actually I feel sorry for myself now because I posted in the wrong forum lol, see thats what I get for trying to post on multiple tabs... bah I feel foolish now :(

I guess its my old age or something lmao, ANYWAY keep enjoying the game now that I know what forum im actually in, I can still say that I think the game looks fantastic and hope the OP can come to enjoy it :D

I remember rise of the triad lol I think thats why all games look great to me, I still have fond memories of all those retro software powered low res games that looked great at the time and I still remember the OMFG factor of my first 3D accelerator card lol.

MADDOGGE
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM
I remember rise of the triad lol I think thats why all games look great to me, I still have fond memories of all those retro software powered low res games that looked great at the time and I still remember the OMFG factor of my first 3D accelerator card lol.It's available on GOG.com and I believe I'm running a source port I found for it but given the age and texture size you can only do so much with it.LOL

ManOhMan
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
ROTT!! That game was cool on so many levels.

1. It had a screen saver. ... in a DOS game.
2. The food you ate to get back health could be heated from a rocket to give even more health. Who wants cold porridge??
3. If you keep hitting the - key to make the screen size smaller (so the game would run faster)after a certain point it would say BUY A 486!! or something like that.

I could go on and on. Loved ROTT. The MP was so much fun!

Anyways back to the Ball. ;)

Ghostbreed
12-02-2010, 09:15 AM
2. The food you ate to get back health could be heated from a rocket to give even more health. Who wants cold porridge??
well i'll be... i didn't knew that was even possible :eek: