PDA

View Full Version : New game mode ideas!

Deathwish874
11-29-2010, 12:30 AM
So I was just playing and thought of some game modes. Let me tell them to you:

1) Strategy
When you start the game it is like it is in a paused state with LOTS of planes and helicopters in the screen and you just draw the flightpaths and click "GO!". If you draw the flightpaths correctly, no plane will crash.

2) Hardcore
Simple. When you set the flightpath of a plane, you can't change it again!

3) Realistic
A plane can stay in the air for 30 seconds only! If you keep it in the air for so long it will run out of fuel and crash.

4) Altitude
SO MANY planes in the screen. They will have color overlays. Like green ones are at 100ft. Yellow ones are at 200ft. bla-bla. They will be able to hit each other only when they are landing.

5) Emergency
You will have some fuel transferring planes that you can spawn every 10 seconds. AI will control the planes and some of them will be low on fuel. You will have to transfer fuel to them by staying on the plane for 2 seconds. It will have some sort of locking. If your plane crashes you don't lose. A fuel plane can transfer fuel to 3 planes. After 3 planes it will just disappear and you will have to spawn a new one.

I hope you liked my ideas Firemint. :) I don't think it is worth the effort to releasse these game modes as a DLC or something but I will expect to see some of these game modes in FLIGHT CONTROL 2 HD! :D

Note: Sorry for bad English. It isn't my native language. ^^

mayo
11-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the ideas, we love hearing feedback like this from players :)

lux418
12-02-2010, 07:25 AM
This is not a game mode idea but an idea for the game none the less. Having played the game for a while now i think the incoming plane alerts , those beeping exclamation points at the edge of the screen , should have some kind of delay. For example , on easier levels the alert could say that the incoming plane has an ETA of 8 seconds before it enters the playing field making it easier for you to plan ahead. This ETA-time could be shortened in accordance to the level difficulty. I think this would add some extra depth to the game and remove the annoyance of the "bad luck" that your guided plane just happened to insta-crash into a plane spawning into the playing field.

Just an idea , love the game ! :)

ClayMeow
12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
So I was just playing and thought of some game modes. Let me tell them to you:

1) Strategy
When you start the game it is like it is in a paused state with LOTS of planes and helicopters in the screen and you just draw the flightpaths and click "GO!". If you draw the flightpaths correctly, no plane will crash.

2) Hardcore
Simple. When you set the flightpath of a plane, you can't change it again!

3) Realistic
A plane can stay in the air for 30 seconds only! If you keep it in the air for so long it will run out of fuel and crash.

4) Altitude
SO MANY planes in the screen. They will have color overlays. Like green ones are at 100ft. Yellow ones are at 200ft. bla-bla. They will be able to hit each other only when they are landing.

5) Emergency
You will have some fuel transferring planes that you can spawn every 10 seconds. AI will control the planes and some of them will be low on fuel. You will have to transfer fuel to them by staying on the plane for 2 seconds. It will have some sort of locking. If your plane crashes you don't lose. A fuel plane can transfer fuel to 3 planes. After 3 planes it will just disappear and you will have to spawn a new one.

I hope you liked my ideas Firemint. :) I don't think it is worth the effort to releasse these game modes as a DLC or something but I will expect to see some of these game modes in FLIGHT CONTROL 2 HD! :D

Note: Sorry for bad English. It isn't my native language. ^^
Your first three suggestions would be nice, not so much the latter two, IMO.