PDA

View Full Version : Commander communitaction

QuicK_quESTIon
11-29-2010, 12:37 AM
can commander communicate quickly to his team. like setting goals for his team for tactical positions like new depo for ammo @ health. or like return to base. or does commander need to type go here for ammo and waste some time as be quicker to hot-key then place.

Silverfell
11-30-2010, 11:11 AM
As commander, you'll have a complete waypoint/objective system for your teams that works just like an RTS commander giving his troops orders... except it's people you're directing.

You'll select the specific team you wish to order around, give them a move/patrol/attack order, and their HUDS will be instantly updated with their new objectives.

Of course, these being real people, they might decide to flip you the finger rather than follow suicidal orders, so gaining your troops' respect is paramount to victory.

QuicK_quESTIon
11-30-2010, 03:51 PM
exactly what i was wanting. will it be text display as well example "Turret Under attack, Base critical structure", or it be guessing the severity of the way point EG dam mm it at home base get back here. there will be Leaders for squads right? :D

RagnarH
12-04-2010, 05:51 AM
I know this is asking a lot... But there should be multiple voice transmit buttons.

1. Your entire side.
2. EVERYONE.
3. Your squad only. / When commander, the currently selected squad; if none, tells to all.

Not half as good as the system used in Ender's Game, but it'd be good all the same.

Ideally, someone should be able to program their keys (not just communications), to overlap with each other. If I'm a repair guy I want this key to load my main tool, or clicked while that is there, a grenade. For anyone without a tool slot, it just pulls up a grenade. (This would make the control scheme so much easier)