PDA

View Full Version : 1 day and 2 hour on store page

turbosnigeln
11-29-2010, 09:15 AM
But 14 hours on http://supermeatboy.com/

Which one is the accurate one?

DarkDude98
11-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I really hope the steam page one isn't as that'll mean it'll be just as I leave for work and then won't be able to play until Wednesday, boo!

trojanpooh
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
The steam one is more accurate but its not like it will be out the second the timer is finished. The super meat boy website one is just set to go off the second it hits midnight in their timezone, I'm afraid.

Ratatatatat
11-29-2010, 09:36 AM
says 20 hours for me O.o

Kris015
11-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Hmm.. Maybe it's different depending on where you live, sometimes games are released in the US before Europe and stuff. Also the steam timer is sometimes wrong, so cross your fingers :D

turbosnigeln
11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Guh, I can kinda get different time releases for big titles but not on $15 indie titles

trojanpooh
11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Hmm.. Maybe it's different depending on where you live, sometimes games are released in the US before Europe and stuff. Also the steam timer is sometimes wrong, so cross your fingers :D

I think you're right actually, I remember on the comments section of the meat boy site someone mentioned that if you change the clock of your PC the timer changes since its not actually connected to anything but an arbitrary time on the 30th that team meat picked out.

HateTheDrake
11-29-2010, 10:48 AM
I think you're right actually, I remember on the comments section of the meat boy site someone mentioned that if you change the clock of your PC the timer changes since its not actually connected to anything but an arbitrary time on the 30th that team meat picked out.

Unfortunately yes, it's just a JS timer based on your computer time. I messed with this yesterday.

Steam's is probably the most accurate, but you know how they are with sale/release times? Clear as mud.

Maverik770
11-29-2010, 01:03 PM
All that matters to me is when it releases on Steam as that is where my pre-order is! Can't wait! Must feed addiction... Must stop foaming...

DragonTrainer
11-29-2010, 01:22 PM
About 22 hours here (South America).
It will be exactly for when I come back from job tomorrow =D

MisterX
11-29-2010, 01:37 PM
I guess that all times are just estimates. SMB will be released on the 30th, but I don't think anyone knows when exactly.

Ionicsloth
11-29-2010, 02:00 PM
Bah, I don't understand why we (speaking on behalf of UK) have to wait for a specific time to download it. IMO it should be like any other normal game release, that you can buy it/play it at 12am on the day it comes out. Was looking forward to playing it tonight but it seems I have to wait 22 hours (7pm tomorow) to play it when in theory, it should be released in 3 hours (which would make it 12am GMT).

I'm pretty sure this has been the issue with games in the past with people who bought a game retail were playing it and the steam users had to wait because it "hadn't been released yet".

I am dissapoint :(

GameRoom
11-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Meh, I have school so I'll be home like 9 hours after the blog release date. Hopefully It'll be released after I get home.