PDA

View Full Version : Confused - Lure Beasts??

Snicker
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Okay - how, without using Juan, were you supposed to find the "Lure Beasts" spell?

EleOnAUnicycle
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Use the spell backwards.

Snicker
11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks - wasn't what I was asking, but I had found that much out. I was just trying to find out if I had somehow missed a clue in the game that indicated how to do it.

Tael
11-30-2010, 04:41 AM
Use your brain!

...But seriously, it is pretty obscure on that. Pretty much the only part I've had to use him so far.

Snicker
11-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Not only that, it's even counter-intuitive. Why would I believe that I can put a ghost away by simply reversing a spell without components, when the original spell required components? Not my only complaint, but I'll save that for the review.

CKcheeseboy
12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
If I remember correctly, if you try using the "repel beasts" spell when you first need to use "lure beasts", he says something to the effect of "gee, I wish there was a way to get the opposite effect instead". Granted, that's still a decent gap between that hint and trying the spell backwards, but there's at least that minor hint so you aren't totally hintless without Juan. Plus, unless you're just trying everything, you might not try to use "repel beasts" anyway since it doesn't seem like the correct solution to begin with.

So you do have a point, but there is at least something besides Juan that could lead you to trying it backwards.

Shiara
12-07-2010, 02:55 PM
First playthrough I did, Gaius's comment about the opposite effect thing on the map where you have to first use Lure Beasts, but used Repel Beasts instead, reminded me of the funny little exchange with Ron earlier where Gaius inquired about his undead parrot pet and it crumbled to bones because he did not believe in it. Then Ron had Gaius say the bird's name (or something) backwards to bring it back to life again, and that nudged me toward trying the spell backwards.

It is pretty oblique though, but clever at the same time (though you bring up a good point about the lower dead thing. By that point I had inserted all the spells into the cheat sheet already, even the unused raise fruit, silence voices, et al, so I didn't give that a second thought.)

muthsera666
12-11-2010, 01:57 PM
First playthrough I did, Gaius's comment about the opposite effect thing on the map where you have to first use Lure Beasts, but used Repel Beasts instead, reminded me of the funny little exchange with Ron earlier where Gaius inquired about his undead parrot pet and it crumbled to bones because he did not believe in it. Then Ron had Gaius say the bird's name (or something) backwards to bring it back to life again, and that nudged me toward trying the spell backwards.

It is pretty oblique though, but clever at the same time.

Exactly what I thought. I didn't know what to do. So I tried the Repel. Heard Gaius, then tried the reverse. Trying to do the reverse, try it in reverse.

MattNY
12-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Yea, I cannot remember the exact wording, but there is some dialogue that hints at what needs to be done. I personally thought it was a cool one to figure out, since it wasn't as obvious as others in the game.