PDA

View Full Version : Clear browser cache

eg0elite
11-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Currently the only way of clearing the steam overlay browser cache is to manually delete files from the steam folder in program files. It can easily bloat to Gbs in size if you tend to use it a lot. There should be an easier way from within the browser to simply clear the cache, or even an option to set up a maximum browser cache such as you can do with standalone web browsers such as internet explorer or firefox. This really should be implemented.

Mangr0v3
11-29-2010, 11:23 PM
Or even just storing the cache in %temp%.

eg0elite
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Giving this a bump. Does nobody else really think any easy way of dumping the steam overlay cache is necessary?

skannerz22
02-17-2011, 12:04 PM
ccleaner get it problem solved
http://www.piriform.com/

eg0elite
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
ccleaner get it problem solved
http://www.piriform.com/

While you can include Steam\config\overlayhtmlcache in your ccleaner profile it by default doesn't clean it. There should be an easy way built into the steam overlay browser to clear its cache just as there is in firefox / IE / any other web browser you can think of.

eg0elite
03-12-2011, 05:51 PM
For those who are reading this thread browse to your steam folder and check how much space the config folder is taking up.

I'm genuinely curious how much superfluous hard disc space is being eaten up for the average user.

jsmucha
03-12-2011, 06:05 PM
For those who are reading this thread browse to your steam folder and check how much space the config folder is taking up.

I'm genuinely curious how much superfluous hard disc space is being eaten up for the average user.

-steam->config?

-has four folders... 250MB

eg0elite
03-13-2011, 09:14 AM
-steam->config?

-has four folders... 250MB

The overlayhtmlcache folder is files cached from using the in game browser and as far as I can tell the htmlcache is data that has been cached from looking at things through community pages / store pages and the like, but I could be wrong.

Either way that's eating up 250MB of data on your system that really doesn't need to be there. On smaller hard drives that could make quite a difference.

asdolino
07-07-2012, 09:07 AM

581MB

my steam folder as a whole, with no games installed, is taking up 850MB by itself.

i'm going to uninstall it and reinstall it but this is a serious issue, especially on an SSD.

Gh0st.be
08-17-2012, 02:20 AM
Currently the only way of clearing the steam overlay browser cache is to manually delete files from the steam folder in program files. It can easily bloat to Gbs in size if you tend to use it a lot. There should be an easier way from within the browser to simply clear the cache, or even an option to set up a maximum browser cache such as you can do with standalone web browsers such as internet explorer or firefox. This really should be implemented.
Agree with that !

Yesterday, I cleaned mine.
There was 780mb !

And now, with the new Community Pages, the browser cache is going to be bigger I guess...

Steam need a clear cache button, definitely !