PDA

View Full Version : Set Launch Options

Xanity
11-30-2010, 01:18 PM
I've tried -low but doesn't seem to work, I'm trying to make Black ops launch in Low Priority mode automatically, so I don't have to ctrl+alt+del every time I launch the game.
I know about the .bat file you can make, but that launches Steam and every other game in Low Priority mode so that's no good for me.

uschi
12-01-2010, 03:21 AM
dont be lazy, do it till the patch is out

Xanity
12-01-2010, 04:07 AM
I've tried -low but doesn't seem to work, I'm trying to make Black ops launch in Low Priority mode automatically, so I don't have to ctrl+alt+del every time I launch the game.
I know about the .bat file you can make, but that launches Steam and every other game in Low Priority mode so that's no good for me.
Anyone know how?

Xanity
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.prnwatch.com/prio.html

Used this, tested. Even with a restart, it saves. Easier than alt tabbing everytime anyway

lanman2000
12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
quick question. Why would you want to run black ops in LOW priority??? Wouldn't you want to run it in "Above Normal" or "High"???

:confused:

xSean13
12-15-2010, 10:59 AM

I'm pretty sure BlOps doesn't utilize launch options, seeing as how it was a console port, and they didn't optimize it, particularly in conjunction with steam.

quick question. Why would you want to run black ops in LOW priority??? Wouldn't you want to run it in "Above Normal" or "High"???

:confused:

If the game was actually finished & optimized for computers, then perhaps you would be correct, but since the CPU usage is already ridiculous, running at low priority kind of acts as a buffer.