PDA

View Full Version : No programmable keys? Wow, thanks!

Sovietskikh
11-30-2010, 04:28 PM
For those who don't know, the unalterable key setup is this:

Shift, Space, Left arrow, Right arrow.

Shift is for sprinting, space for jumping and 'applying' in the menu (This is horribly irritating as you're unable to use the mouse for selecting stuff in menus), and the left & right arrows are for movement.
As an FPS player and as weird as it seems, I find it horribly awkward to jump using space in a platformer.

Is it that difficult for the devs to implement such a basic feature for a PC game? I don't want space to jump! I don't want to use space for applying in the menus! (What game uses space for selecting a menu option!?)

Please, add programmable keys in an update some time.

Nizzk
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
its been confirmed on twitter that they will be adding custom controls in a patch soon.

Genexi2
11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
They should have just confirmed on Twitter that the game was also a straight-up port from the 360 release with almost next to no consideration made for the PC platform outside of announcing a future-release for a level editor.

Haven't played a game this buggy/unstable in a long time.

dustin_62
11-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Agreed 100%. Team Meat, I know you're a very talented team, but this is kind of laughable.

I hope this is patched in soon...or at all.

Edit.
Good to hear they plan to patch this in; hopefully they have more changes/fixes in the pipeline.

shinkukage09
11-30-2010, 04:42 PM
I find it funny. I've encountered no bugs at all.

Zukhramm
11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
This is amazing. Worst port of the century. Even without the option to change key settings, there should have been a way to display them!

tretoso
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Really bad.
I have a regional keyboard and it's impossible press shift and space at the same time. God! Until the indie developer's are taking the "♥♥♥♥ the rest of the world" posture.

yaos
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
I've had two bugs, the game has crashed twice, and every now and then the jump button won't work.

Genexi2
11-30-2010, 04:49 PM
I find it funny. I've encountered no bugs at all.
Try hitting P during gameplay and then watching the game start ignoring input after you return to it.

That's only one of the few reproducable problems I've come across in the game, the rest were all random crashes/freezes.

mywar
11-30-2010, 04:52 PM
This is amazing. Worst port of the century.Overexaggeration of the millenium!

azurescorch
11-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Played 5 levels then got sick of it. Default keybinds suck. :p

I hope they release a patch soonish.

neyodragon
11-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Welcome to console to steam $ game :3.

Buggy, crashes, seems to have had next to no testing. I really feel kinda let down after all the bloody hype this game got.

Slisochies
11-30-2010, 05:21 PM
This is amazing. Worst port of the century. Even without the option to change key settings, there should have been a way to display them!

Options -> Controls. This shows the keys. They'll probably add custom mappings in a patch.

Sphonix
11-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Options -> Controls. This shows the keys. They'll probably add custom mappings in a patch.

Expect for most people, myself included, it shows an xbox controller, even if the computer has no controller plugged in.

Ashkc88
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
Was hoping to play this with my SNES controller, but it auto maps the buttons in awkward places and shows Xbox 360 buttons in the menus. Guess I'll just have to stick with my USB 360 controller...