PDA

View Full Version : My character wont walk

Darker_homes
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Hey folks, needing some assistance if you will.

During the game, after a fight, my main character is unable to move for some reason. This only happened occasionally, and if i control another character I can walk around fine. However, now it happens every time, and I have no idea how to fix it.

To clarify, I am using the console codes, I have this game for xbox and have completed it 50x, so I thought I might as well. Could it be something to do with that? Anyone else having a similar problem?

On a side note, if you are reading these threads to decide on whether you should buy this game or not, I would highly recommend it :)

Darker

Ohnoo
11-30-2010, 06:18 PM
happens to me too . HELP

Darker_homes
11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
Do you use the console cheats?

Ohnoo
11-30-2010, 06:55 PM
nope ;

Ohnoo
11-30-2010, 09:01 PM
hmm try holding Z then try to move with W,S,D,A. That fixed it for me but you have to do that every time you get stuck unfortunately.

Alex2000
11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
happened to me too. Save the game, then load the save. Should work then. At least, it did for me.

Ohnoo
12-01-2010, 05:54 AM
yeah , you can quick save with F4 then quick load with F5.

Darker_homes
12-01-2010, 06:04 AM
yeah, i knew about saving and loading, i just thought it was a rather poor solution. I'll give the holding z a try :)
On another note, i verified the game cache, now i cant get the console window up :( I put the EnableCheats=1 line back in, but it doesnt work.

Sad times :(

Darker

Darker_homes
12-01-2010, 08:46 AM
the holding Z did not work for me, i still got stuck. However, after once again verifying game cache, it seems to be much more rare. I dont know why, but i'd advise that if this happens to you to give it a try. You will have to change all your options back to what they were tho.

Sweetz
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
This is a relatively common issue. There's a much easier workaround than saving and loading if you have more than one character in your party (which you do for like 95% of the game). Just press the TAB key to switch characters - the other character should be able to move and then you can switch back.

Some people have indicated that enabling vsync via the game options also fixes the problem but I haven't seen much confirmation on that.

Darker_homes
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
i'll give it a go. Yeah i can move the other characters, but when i switch back to my main he's still stuck. Lazy sod that he is :P

Thanks for the tip though, i'll give it a go and see what happens

Darker

Darker_homes
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Just to confirm for everyone, switching vsync on does indeed fix this problem! :D Happy gaming