PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Zone portal

Sicklyboy
11-30-2010, 07:43 PM
In Chi: The Forest, I can't get past the corrupted warp zone. I die on the first level every time! D:

Tips?

PS: I love the appearance of Captain Video. BIT.TRIP Runner is godly.

Apollo33
11-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Which warp zone is that?

Slisochies
11-30-2010, 08:25 PM
I managed to get into a corrupt portal on the diverge level by going offscreen past bandage girl. Only did it once and I havn't been able to get there again :(.

trojanpooh
11-30-2010, 08:29 PM
You mean the glitch level? Do you have a golden space before 1 in the forest? Yeah, those levels are tough, but on the bright side there's only one level per glitch spot (theres one in every zone up to 6)

Slisochies
11-30-2010, 08:32 PM
Ah, yes. I see now. Yes, it was the golden level. How do you unlock the glitch levels?

trojanpooh
11-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Its really all luck I'm afraid. Every now and then you will notice Bandage Girl is all glitched out and beeping. If you finish the level when she's like that you'll be sucked into the glitch world (or kill screen depending on who you're talking to). The best way to get them is find a level where you can see her when you first spawn then start mass suiciding till she's glitched.

japanimater
11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
I decided to try out the headcrab character on the first level and I saw that bandage girl looked glitched. At first I thought it was artifacts or I had corrupt gamefiles. Then I touched her and the screen goes insane as if I was on the verge of a BSOD. Then it went to another one of the warpzone type levels.

Twilight Mage
11-30-2010, 09:02 PM
Its really all luck I'm afraid. Every now and then you will notice Bandage Girl is all glitched out and beeping. If you finish the level when she's like that you'll be sucked into the glitch world (or kill screen depending on who you're talking to). The best way to get them is find a level where you can see her when you first spawn then start mass suiciding till she's glitched.

Seems to happen MUCH more often in Dark World as well.

Sicklyboy
11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
Seems to happen MUCH more often in Dark World as well.

Interesting... does the Dark World have its own separate Glitch level?

EDIT - btw, this ♥♥♥♥ made me think of when I used to hack pokemon... walk through walls off of a map anyone? Left of goldenrod city (pokemon g/s/c), and back in goldenGLITCH city! :O

Jalan
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
I managed to get into a corrupt portal on the diverge level by going offscreen past bandage girl. Only did it once and I havn't been able to get there again :(.

You can revisit the glitch level you found by going to the left of the first level (http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6997/clipboard01t0.jpg) in the portal hub.

edit: Disregard. I see that was pointed out prior. Need to read more carefully.

trojanpooh
11-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Interesting... does the Dark World have its own separate Glitch level?

EDIT - btw, this ♥♥♥♥ made me think of when I used to hack pokemon... walk through walls off of a map anyone? Left of goldenrod city (pokemon g/s/c), and back in goldenGLITCH city! :O

No, they are only for the light world, but you can find them in dark too. Also hacking Pokemon was so much fun!

TheStripe
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Some of the retro warps are pretty awesome, too. There's a total throwback to Atari in [1977] and you can see where early game design basically just dictated that your platforms got smaller and your gaps got wider. It's clear Edmund is a studied game designer, and his writings on difficulty and reward are similarly insightful.

Acylus
11-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Holy ♥♥♥♥ level -1 is hard >.>

zerrok
11-30-2010, 11:42 PM
The first area looks hard but is super easy, Hold right/left towards the wall your jumping and just hold the jump button, the standard wall climb will jump past the saws you just have to time it, no problem, you wont hit the spikes either, just hold jump when the saws coming to you, do this twice, jump to the next side and do it twice, then move on to the second area.

Second part was the hardest for me but with practice, time your jump to the second highest spike, jump around it to the opposite side and try to propell yourself towards the third area.

Third area seems to be luck at first really, time it so you miss getting killed at the start then rapidly zig zag to the top. Once I got into that area I did it second go.

Kirkpad
11-30-2010, 11:57 PM
Third area seems to be luck at first really, time it so you miss getting killed at the start then rapidly zig zag to the top. Once I got into that area I did it second go.
After much practice in this level, I got to here and always jumped in at the wrong time. I have the first two parts down pat though.

Sicklyboy
12-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I got the first part down no problem but I can't seem to wall grab onto that second highest spike. It just doesnt want to stick D:

Taineract
12-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Yes, there is only one "glitch" or gold level per zone. You can unlock it while playing in either the light or dark zones, but the gold level 'plate' only shows up in the light zone.

The big gap with the spikes is a little easier when you realize you only have to make 4 jumps. Skip the first spike column and land on the 2nd spike column (the high one). Jump over the top of the 2nd spike column that you're on onto the other side. From the right side of the column, jump far right onto the other (the 4th) high spike column. Once you land on that one, simply jump over it to land on the other side of the ravine. Now you just have to time the entry right into the fast falling sawblades, and quickly jump up it and win.

There's only one stage on the glitch/gold/killscreen level.