PDA

View Full Version : Demo Fullscreen HELP!

Yokojaka
12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
I just downloaded the demo and set the graphics i activated fullscreen and now half the screen are not vieweble coz it's on half the screen so i cant click the options thing so i cant turn off fullscreen, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the settings are still the same Help plz! what do i do to remove fullscreen ? :S

Firgof Umbra
12-01-2010, 11:35 AM
When Steam removes the files for the game it doesn't remove the files in your User Files; your configuration options are stored in there (along with screenshots and other such personal data) and so if you didn't remove those files while uninstalling/reinstalling then it wouldn't affect things like that unfortunately.

To get into your User Files directory you can type into your Explorer window's address bar: %APPDATA%\Star Ruler

Inside the directory it brings you to is a file called config.cfg. You can open this file with Notepad. In it there is a 'bFullscreen = ' field. Changing this to the reverse of its current setting will make the game start up in windowed mode. Alternatively, you can simply delete the file and start the game up and it will recreate the file with the default settings (1024x768, windowed, etc.)

Sorry for the technical issue. I'll see if we can't bring it up with Steam to ensure this happens less in the future.

We hope that you enjoy the demo and invite you to join in discussion on our official forums over on starruler.blind-mind.com/forums if you'd like to bring up suggestions, talk with other players, ask for help or technical support, and see what our modding community is up to. :)

Yokojaka
12-01-2010, 12:27 PM
They rlly shud have added auto screen resolution or made so that the planets dont look 100% r*tarded if u have wrong coz this games resolutions arent the same as other games oh and thanks!

ThyReaper
12-01-2010, 12:56 PM
By default, the game uses 1024x768 in windowed mode, or your desktop's resolution in fullscreen mode. You must have told the game to use a different resolution for it to be messed up, or your desktop is misconfigured.