PDA

View Full Version : How does it control?

Chaoticwhizz
12-02-2010, 02:10 PM
How does Arcadia control? Can you use the mouse pointer to direct the ship or do you use a PC gamepad with dual analog controllers like in Geometry Wars?

Joshyy
12-02-2010, 02:15 PM
How does Arcadia control? Can you use the mouse pointer to direct the ship or do you use a PC gamepad with dual analog controllers like in Geometry Wars?

I haven't actually got gamepad controls in, if that's something people want, i'll look into it.

The game is controlled via WASD ( I think the arrow keys work too ) and the player aims with the mouse.

Chaoticwhizz
12-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I haven't actually got gamepad controls in, if that's something people want, i'll look into it.

The game is controlled via WASD ( I think the arrow keys work too ) and the player aims with the mouse.

Yeah, gamepad controls would be nice. I would imagine most PC gamers who are into these kinds of games would have a dual analog gamepad or would be using the Xbox 360 USB controller. Not even sure if this is possible or practical but having the ship move with the mouse like it was the mouse pointer might be interesting too.

Joshyy
12-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Yeah, gamepad controls would be nice. I would imagine most PC gamers who are into these kinds of games would have a dual analog gamepad or would be using the Xbox 360 USB controller. Not even sure if this is possible or practical but having the ship move with the mouse like it was the mouse pointer might be interesting too.

I played around with that, and found it to be really hard to hit the enemies, I could add an option to change control schemes so that the mouse controls the movement, and WASD fire.

DarthSidious
12-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Xbox 360 controller support, would be awesome. I only play Beat Hazard and GW, with that gamepad.

McChadworth
12-02-2010, 08:36 PM
Xbox 360 controller support, would be awesome. I only play Beat Hazard and GW, with that gamepad.
I second that.

I probably wont get the game without that as a feature due to it being much more natural feeling to control with dual analog sticks.

Joshyy
12-02-2010, 08:48 PM
I second that.

I probably wont get the game without that as a feature due to it being much more natural feeling to control with dual analog sticks.

That's cool :) Gamepad support won't come until after christmas most likely, I don't have a gamepad to test it with.

Saijin_Naib
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Would you be willing to consider a custom keybinding (so players who are lefty can choose what to use) with keyboard as movement and mouse as shooting (what I use for GeoWars PC)? I used to use my wired x360 controller until the right stick crapped out on me :\ Now its only good for games like TrackMania :)

Joshyy
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Would you be willing to consider a custom keybinding (so players who are lefty can choose what to use) with keyboard as movement and mouse as shooting (what I use for GeoWars PC)? I used to use my wired x360 controller until the right stick crapped out on me :\ Now its only good for games like TrackMania :)

I'll work on it. Has the crashing stopped?

Saijin_Naib
12-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I'll work on it. Has the crashing stopped?
At least here, no. I've done the usual delete, verify cache, etc etc.

It'd be helpful if maybe we could have a switch to write a crash/debug log or maybe even something like a version number printed on the lower left corner of the game screen before you start. I think most people can get there without a crash, and atleast that way we can tell if we have the same version as you've pushed to Valve to release.

Joshyy
12-02-2010, 10:02 PM
At least here, no. I've done the usual delete, verify cache, etc etc.

It'd be helpful if maybe we could have a switch to write a crash/debug log or maybe even something like a version number printed on the lower left corner of the game screen before you start. I think most people can get there without a crash, and atleast that way we can tell if we have the same version as you've pushed to Valve to release.

That's a good idea. I've put that into the most recent build. Check the sticky for a fix to the crashing, it worked for me.

Ruzgfpegk
12-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Would you be willing to consider a custom keybinding (so players who are lefty can choose what to use)

It would also be a good thing for non-QWERTY users : in France our keyboards are "AZERTY" (with QSD on the second line and WXC on the third...), so the WASD scheme is totally unusable as we have ZQSD on those keys.

A "fix" is to put the keyboard in US mode (or similar), but I don't believe everyone will think about doing that.