PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard times don't reflect the amount of players in team.

fawker
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I know that development for this game is long since dead. But it would be great to include the amount of people in the team on leaderboard.

After several tries me and a bro got everything working in time on the 3-4 player map.. but it really doesn't reflect that in the leaderboard.. just your time..

so based off this presumption.. i could load a 1-2 player map with 8 people and get a great time..

assuming of course there were ever enough people that I knew personally that would play.. forget pubs..

The Crab
12-03-2010, 11:19 AM
are you saying the top times on the leaderboards are accomplished by using more players than is possible on the maps?

Darkunov
12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
@ fawker:

the X-Y maps are named as such for a reason. You can't be more than 2 players on a 1-2 players match, cant be more than 4 on a 3-4 map, and can be any number on 5-6 a map.

phrosty
12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
It would definitely be nice if there were separate leaderboards for beating the 6 player map with 2 players, etc.

Darkunov
12-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Good point there. Would also be nice if there was some kind of leaderboard or part of a leaderboard that showed the percentage of stuff you fixed on each of your run.

Chlodwig
12-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Good point there. Would also be nice if there was some kind of leaderboard or part of a leaderboard that showed the percentage of stuff you fixed on each of your run.

STRONGLY against that! At least if I got you right.

If you suggest that the leaderboard should reflect how much of the "total work" was done by you, I do oppose it. Simply on the grounds that it will be totally impossible to get a decent time with a PUG. Why? Because nobody's gonna do the work that takes impossibly long but has to be done. Who's gonna replace the red panel if it's far easier to be "productive" welding the couplers and modules?

It's not like there's right now a surplus of people willingly plugging cables and welding panels.

Or a surplus of people playing this game sensibly anymore. Is anyone? PM me, I'd like to play again. But sensibly. I've had my share of people thinking it's fun to unplug couplers for 'fun'. It just ain't funny no more.