PDA

View Full Version : How long is this game?

nyttyn
12-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Just curious before I dump 15$ on it. Have been disapoint, son by the length of indie titles before.

drumsoverbogota
12-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Depends of you, I've been playing for about, 5 hours, and i'm not even in the half (I'm getting all the records-items-stuff thought), but if you want to get everything this will take a long time.

Krackatoa
12-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Just curious before I dump 15$ on it. Have been disapoint, son by the length of indie titles before.

It's long. Latest run by the creator was 6-hours till 100% completion. He's quite good at his own game, so it takes newer players far longer than that... or will remain unbeatable for some.

TheStripe
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
It depends on how complete you want to be.

As a practiced player, I can blast through the light world and Dr. Fetus (read: not doing the hidden world after him) in about 2 1/2 or 3 hours. I'm sure better players could be slightly faster.

The first time, that feat probably took me closer to ten. If you're going for all warps and bandages, that number is going to get even higher.

This game is an absolute steal for $15. Do it. Do it nao!

Oneironaut
12-03-2010, 08:28 AM
I never played it on Xbox, and I'm currently at about 40% completion after 15 hours.

Naity
12-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Depends of your skill. FOr a plateformer handicaped as me, it lasted around 8 hours to go straight to the first ending. Now I have about 23 hours on record and I completed around 60% of the game (straight to first ending is about 26% of completion). I'm working on the second ending (beating 85 dark worlds) and I'll see after if I feel like getting the bandages and trying the amazing-aweful-hard bonus chapter. But the game is long, more than most of the new releases within this range price.

Skylants
12-03-2010, 08:31 AM
It's the first game where I've actually wanted to collect everything. I've played about 13 hours and only have about 60 bandages. I haven't completed the story yet (been collecting bandages and getting A+ scores) and there is a whole lot more to come via updates and that level editor coming next year. This is more than you could ask for $15.

Team Meat is now officially in my "Devs to Support" list.

S. fatalis
12-03-2010, 08:35 AM
If you're looking for the most bang for you buck, then this is the game.
So far I've been playing just over 19hrs and only have about 70% done - but keep in mind that last 30% is by far the hardest and will probably more than double my current playing time.

Basically, if you want something that'll last you a long time then you'll want this game ;) Not to mention that there'll be a Level Editor and Level Portal coming in a month or so, so there will be an almost unlimited number of levels to play.

hgecko
12-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Team Meat is now officially in my "Devs to Support" list.

Ditto.

Cedge
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I'll just add that yeah, what people are saying is very true. This is an extremely skill-dependent game, so it's hard to judge. You could maybe beat the light world levels in 3 or 4 hours if you're great, but if you want to really get into the real challenge of the game and really master it, you could be busy for dozens of hours.

On top of all that, this game is getting more content from the developers, and above all, a level editor in a couple months, meaning that there will be potentially infinite content available for this game from the community, all of which will be organized on a community site the devs will set up.

There is no question that this game is worth $15. Buy it.

the magpie
12-03-2010, 09:25 AM
If you're concerned with A Ranking, Dark World, and bandage finding it's a pretty long game. It's extremely satisfying to figure out the absolute shortest and most efficient way to beat a level, and even more satisfying pulling it off.