PDA

View Full Version : PMC eating resources?

Nergalwaja
12-04-2010, 05:54 AM
I could run ARMA II before PMC came out just fine and when PMC came out I bought the game and installed it. When I went to run PMC I got a couple error messages, but was still able to play the game. But when the game launched it ran soooo slowly and was really skecthy, and I saw in the task manager that it was using 100% of the CPU and a nice chunk of RAM. So I chose to play OA instead but found that I'm having the same problem. So now I can't play both games.

I tried the fix for PMC where you disable 1 of the PMC options in the Expansion menues but it still runs really slow.

Any fixes or is there a patch coming out?

Dwarden
12-04-2010, 07:11 AM
may i ask what couple of error messages You got ?
or were that these which are resolved by the temporary solution (disable 2nd PMC)?

anyway the PMC-full itself should not make Your game slower
as all the engine related changes are included within the PMC-lite (delivered in 1.56)

Nergalwaja
12-04-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm not getting the error messages anymore but they mentioned some file from PMC not being able to load. I got the messages when the game was first installed and when I tried launching the game after that.

The errors don't appear anymore but neither PMC nor OA run for ♥♥♥♥ anymore.
Any reason why?

Dwarden
12-04-2010, 11:04 AM
yeah the error was probably due to duplicate PMC, if you disable 2nd PMC in expansion menu in game's UI this problem is resolved

anyway my suggestion you should try is

restart computer
disable STEAM overlay (left clicl on game in gameslist then right click and untick 'enable STEAM community ingame'

if that still fails then i suggest wait for next week, we plan to release new beta to address some of the PMC / video playback issues

Nergalwaja
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM
I did disable the 2nd PMC but still suffer the performance issues. But I appreciate the timely response and will be sure to follow your suggestions. Thanks for your help :)