PDA

View Full Version : CoD: Black Ops lost connection to host ( pc)

car
12-05-2010, 06:47 AM
I am trying to play the Call Of Duty: Black Ops on my Windows Vista computer system and I want to know that what could be the problem behind loosing connection while playing this game online. Actually I have habitat to get ''Lost Connection To Host'' error messages on my windows system. And even if it works then it lags too much. What could be reason to which I can try to troubleshoot. Please help me!

weavile22
12-05-2010, 06:53 AM
I think something is wrong with your connection. Try to disable the firewall, or port forwarding (the ports are on Black ops' webpage under the FAQ tab). Or try to play in servers that are near you. For example if you live in Europe, don't try to connect to Japanese servers with like 2000 ping.

car
12-05-2010, 06:58 AM
thanks fpr the reply,sorry how can i find the port where is that?how do i find the webpage?

NonExistent
12-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Don't get me started, tried an identical computer (guess what, it worked .) and I still get the error when it's done loading, only map that works is nuketown and I hate that map.

shakeycoop
02-08-2011, 06:05 PM
i get lost connection to everymap except nuketown ut 3 days ago everything was fine and i didnt alter anything. i have a feeling it has something to do with the router but everyport ive added still hasnt changed anything. grrr whats the point of paying for a game u cant play...

pajdemen
02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I also got this error when the shader warming is on. Try without it ! Good Luck !!! ;]

ClintDrums
02-08-2011, 11:16 PM
It may be an isolated case with your configuration. However, PC and PS3 players are consistently familiar with this issue. The original Black Ops was developed on the Xbox 360 and ported to all other platforms; this undoubtedly causes many problems.

Maybe one of these days, developers will return to developing for multiple platforms separately. This will increase the cost of production, but increase the quality of product. Time can go on only so long before gamers realize that certain publishers' games are not good at all because they are too concerned with making the most profit.

I miss the days of developers taking pride in their work.

PC games do require more work and development; but, what do you except from a platform that has multiple times the power as console that are 6 years old?