PDA

View Full Version : Sniper balance

Herr Dudelmann
12-06-2010, 07:35 AM
I know many people feel the AWP is OP, but hoe would people like a SCOUT buff, perhaps a slight increase in RoF or better multipliers for chest and stomach. How would you feel about a SCOUT buff?

Dreefoo
12-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I dont know, becouase scout is cheaper, have more bullets, sneaky shots...
If scout will be buffed, there wont be any things that we should buy AWP...
I think now is good.

schu
12-06-2010, 05:25 PM
I dont know, becouase scout is cheaper, have more bullets, sneaky shots...
If scout will be buffed, there wont be any things that we should buy AWP...
I think now is good.

thats not really true

if you could fire a bit faster it would still be more difficult than the awp

PLAction
12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
There is a scout buff. No scoping is more accurate, you can running no scope pretty accurate, the rate of fire is faster, and so on and so on.

BudBrownie
12-06-2010, 10:40 PM
You can also move and be accurate with the scout. That's what makes it better than the AWP.

anthill955
12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
AWP noscopes at any range have a lot of luck in them(not saying they don't require skill) but scout noscopes are extremely accurate and the scout is a lot cheaper anyway. Besides, the scout isn't meant to be as good as the AWp anyway.

Omega_K2
12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Scout is good enough. It's one shot one kill too (if you do a headshot), you run faster and it's cheap. It works well enough. AWP is more inaccurate, you run insanly slow inaccurate but has large wall penetration is mostly one shot one kill (except for a few situations)

Herr Dudelmann
12-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Actually thinking about it, I believe you're right. I think the AWP should certainly be nerfed slightly as it is still way OP.

Gen0cider
12-07-2010, 01:10 PM
They're both fine, if anything the scout should at least get perfect accuracy when standing still, right now it's only perfectly accurate when crouched. The inconsistency will get you killed quite a bit.

skoops
12-07-2010, 01:51 PM
When i first started playing CS the AWPs point click dead nature of the weapon use to really annoy me especally the leg shot kills but as time went on i learned to counter act the AWP which is a skill within itself.

The scout however needed a lot more skill as you cant take a enemy out with a single shot unless it was at the head.

If i was tweaking CSS i would increase the accuracy of the scout whist standing as sometimes your bullet isnt 100% accurate whilst standing.

And this is the big one and would probably get me the sack by Valve but i would still have the one shot one kill at the chest or head armoured or not like it is today.. but i would eliminate the instant leg and arm kills and replace it with a still high 80% damage.

Then i would hide on some remote island :(

arisaka
12-09-2010, 09:42 PM
Yeah, really the only thing the scout needs is 100% accuracy when standing.

ChanzzL
12-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah, really the only thing the scout needs is 100% accuracy when standing.

Quoted for truth, and no awp doesn't need 2 be nerfed.