PDA

View Full Version : Can't get controller to work

Klaasman
12-06-2010, 05:16 PM
I cant get the game to use my Wingman Rumblepad or an X-Box controller. What is the deal?

Pr3d4t0R
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM
download a program called Xpadder

dukmiester2
12-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Try this:

First, download the files located at the below links:

http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=44

http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=54

Save them BOTH to a separate folder on Hard Drive but both in the same filder.
Then, extract the file: x360ce_vibmod_3.1.0.4_BETA3.zip
to the ROOT FOLDER of a hard drive using winzip program,or similar,
but MAKE SURE to allow whatever you use to extract to "use folder name"
or equivelnt. This is so when the zip is extracted, it puts all the files
in the correct folders, the first of which is: x360ce vibmod 3.1.0.4 BETA3.

Next, extract the file: x360ce.App.zip INTO the previously created folder:
x360ce vibmod 3.1.0.4 BETA3

Then, either create a shortcut to or run directly the file: x360ce.exe

Then, go to the tab near the top of the program and click the DIRECT INPUT one.
Then, using the drop down list (if you have more than one controller),
select your controller.

Then, click the General tab and using the drop down lists for each of the controls
that "match up" to what is displayed, click Record and press the button or
axis on your controller to assign it to the Xbox 360 equivelant.

When all are "recorded" and seem to be correct, click Save in bottom right hand corner,
then quit the program.

Now,in the folder: x360ce vibmod 3.1.0.4 BETA3

Copy and paste these 3 files into your MX vs ATV Reflex game folder:

dinput8.dll
x360ce.ini
xinput1_3.dll

I had to play around a little to get the correct direction to work for my dual analog sticks,
but once it is set up correctly, put those 3 files in your game folder.

This allowed my Logitech Dual Action Gamepad to work Perfectly in the game.
The game "sees" it as an actual XBOX 360 controller.

I had my gamepad "emulating" keyboard before, but it is just no good that way
for this game. Keyboard emulation just did not allow very good stearing for me.

Hope that helps

Lambianz2011
01-03-2011, 04:25 PM
great., you guys, didn't give info and how to assign the game pad to what to do as you ride. lean forward,, learn backwards., steer right or left.. when i click on the game pad with all that has been instructed,, the game doesn't recognize the game pad to assign the right button to for gas break and so on as i explain, and this isn't the only game in steam that this is a problem. its both my games ive ordered from steam that the games doesnt recognize the game pad.. all other games i own,, window 7 professional recognizes the game pad or controller with no problem and plays well, including the old mx vs atv unleashed.. So how come steam since this is the problem as directly buying the game trough steam, ,does it not work?

Anamon
01-12-2011, 09:52 AM
It's not related to Steam, it's the fault of the game developers, partly due to screwups on Microsoft's part. The gist: there are two game controller protocols, DirectInput and XInput. XInput was released in 2002 and designed specifically for the Xbox360 controller. DirectInput is older (first version 1995), but more powerful. Controller drivers usually support one or the other, but not both, because neither game developers nor controller manufacturers have a clue which one they are supposed to use. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and both are no longer updated by Microsoft. If a game developer is smart, they support both, because otherwise 50% of the players will not get their controllers to work.

I have a Logitech RumblePad 2 which supports DirectInput only. MX vs. ATV Reflex and Mafia II are recent examples of games I bought which only support XInput. Fortunately, there are wrappers to make XInput games talk to DirectInput controllers, and wrappers to make DirectInput games talk to XInput controllers.

You need the former. I don't think everything described two posts up is really necessary. All I did to get my gamepad to be recognised by the game is this:

Visit the virusdev (http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/) file archive.
Download x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1.zip from the xinputemu subdirectory.
Extract x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll to the game executable directory (Steam subdirectory steamapps\common\mx vs atv reflex)
Start the game. You should hear a Windows "ding" sound on the copyright screen. If you do, it worked and you can use the controller.

Big_Jar
01-29-2011, 12:00 PM
It's not related to Steam, it's the fault of the game developers, partly due to screwups on Microsoft's part. The gist: there are two game controller protocols, DirectInput and XInput. XInput was released in 2002 and designed specifically for the Xbox360 controller. DirectInput is older (first version 1995), but more powerful. Controller drivers usually support one or the other, but not both, because neither game developers nor controller manufacturers have a clue which one they are supposed to use. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, and both are no longer updated by Microsoft. If a game developer is smart, they support both, because otherwise 50% of the players will not get their controllers to work.

I have a Logitech RumblePad 2 which supports DirectInput only. MX vs. ATV Reflex and Mafia II are recent examples of games I bought which only support XInput. Fortunately, there are wrappers to make XInput games talk to DirectInput controllers, and wrappers to make DirectInput games talk to XInput controllers.

You need the former. I don't think everything described two posts up is really necessary. All I did to get my gamepad to be recognised by the game is this:

Visit the virusdev (http://virusdev.ovh.org/files/) file archive.
Download x360ce vibmod 3.1.4.1.zip from the xinputemu subdirectory.
Extract x360ce.ini and xinput1_3.dll to the game executable directory (Steam subdirectory steamapps\common\mx vs atv reflex)
Start the game. You should hear a Windows "ding" sound on the copyright screen. If you do, it worked and you can use the controller.

Ok I did exactly what you have done here. I get the "ding" but I still cannot use my controller. Its a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.

Fallguy104
10-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok I did exactly what you have done here. I get the "ding" but I still cannot use my controller. Its a Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2.

ok now go start game then go to Reflex settings/controller..you will see 2 columns left is keybord setings right is controller settings..click for example the gas in right colum..it will show ??? after you click it..then click the button on controller you want gas to be..it will now show gas button you cliked assigned to that button..do this for every funtion you want to assign buttons to..this worked for me..

jimbo8098
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
I was just using x360ce too. It works fine with my Speedlink XEOX.

If you hear the ding , the controller is being emulated as X360. If it isn't working ingame , the problem lies in your configuration. Sorry!

EDIT: I'm fairly sure the Rumblepad 2 is a preset controller in x360ce. Check the presets menu at the bottom of the window.

EDIT2: Yup , "Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2" That should work for you.