PDA

View Full Version : Combat Problems

Zathol
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM
I downloaded Medieval 2: Total War, (Just the original). When I first got it it worked fine. But after about 2 days I started having problems in combat. My guys wouldn't attack or even move while my enemy advanced and impaled them all with spears. Is this a game problem? Or is it just my computer? Any help would be nice.

Virge
12-09-2010, 06:06 AM
No, I don't think I've seen that. I also have kingdom installed so not sure if that makes a difference.

How often does it happen? Are you running any mods?

Zathol
12-09-2010, 01:55 PM
I have no mods installed, And the only time the problem activates is when I enter combat. I just deleted and re-installed the game, so hopefully this fixes the problem.

Zathol
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Also, thing like Control selecting on the world map in my cities doesn't work.

LeeTheAgent
12-09-2010, 10:44 PM
I don't recall hearing anything like that before. Silly question, but maybe there's something wrong with your keyboard? Like a stuck key or something?

Zathol
12-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Yeah, I might be pressing something to mess it up. I'll check and see if I can fix it.

Martin The Mess
12-13-2010, 03:55 AM
Can you click on enemy units to tell your troops to attack them, but just can't actually get them to attack?

I had a problem with the original MTW video drivers where it couldn't tell where the mouse pointer was pointing within the tactical terrain and instead interpreted any mouse click as being on the spot of ground directly under the POV of the camera. Which made battles difficult but not quite impossible to control, I just had to pause a LOT more.