PDA

View Full Version : online network error

Marius33
12-08-2010, 12:30 PM
when i want to play a match online i get after the loading screen the message: network error appeared. now i would like to know what i could do to solve this problem. maybe do i have to open some specific ports in my router firewall ? is there any way to find out which ones are required ?

Euphytose
12-08-2010, 07:33 PM
I have the same problem, however if my friend sends me the invite it works.

It doesn't work if I do.

PsYcHo126
12-30-2010, 07:29 PM
Same here. Someone found a solution for this? Tried to turn off fire wall & KIS but it won't work! Any ideas?

Ronimo Games
12-31-2010, 04:55 AM
In most cases we have heard of, this was caused by having slow or laggy internet.

I guess there may also be some situations where this happens even on good internet connections, but we don't know a solution for this. We use the Valve connection system and we asked them, but they told us there are no specific ports you need to open or anything like that.

PsYcHo126
12-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks for your answer!
I don't have the best internet, but DSL3000 should be enough ;)
There must be an other solution. I hope you will find something.. Later i will try a few things..

PsYcHo126
01-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I just don't get it working...
My internet is fast enough and isn't laggy, KIS & Firewall off. Every other programm (except teamspeak) is off. But i always get this error when it is loading.

Need help :(

EDIT: Reinstall also didn't helped.

PsYcHo126
01-02-2011, 06:53 AM
Now it worked! But only for one match. The next didn't worked again.
Is there some kind of ping-filter? I mean, that you get an error if you got a bad ping to the other player?

Ronimo Games
01-02-2011, 10:21 AM
There is no explicit ping filter, but if too many packages are lost, then the connection will eventually break anyway.

PsYcHo126
01-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks,
but... how can i fix this? Because every other game is working online, no other problems. I will try to change a few router-side things.

EDIT: Btw, since today it is working sometimes. But only sometimes...
Can't play with my friend :(

Ronimo Games
01-03-2011, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry, but we don't know a fix for your specific situation. :(

PsYcHo126
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Well, that sucks. Sorry, but I only got a half game now and thats not supposed to be so. And like you know, im not the only one with that problem.
I will try a few other things later... btw, whats with the others who wrote here? Marius? Euphy? Did you got it working?

diehardsam
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I also facing this problem, it really depend on our connection and the opponent connection. So currently for online play, sometime it work, sometime it didn't work.
When I play at right side, that is very high chance it not receive my action at all. (No matter I click worker or upgrade, it either no response on it, or only start doing it after 5 second and so on.)
I heard some in other thread also facing this problem when he is in right side. I not sharing Internet line with anyone nor downloading when playing so I really dunno what is the cause for this.
Hope that developer can implement a better network solution for us.
I think the network code is not good enough cos this kind of game is related to only 2 person with very small data that needed to send out and receive it.

RelaxMX
01-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Mmmm...2 of 5 online games get error...that suck..im really disappointed of the game becuse of that...(and because the game is cool)

I have 2 mb of conexion, i play, BC2 and a lot of games and only happen with this...

PsYcHo126
01-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Yes, sometimes i also find players, but thats rare.
The game is really really cool, so i would love to play the MP also & buy the next game when it comes out...

Relax & diehardsam, please also upload your dxdiag files & application file here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1699563

And lets hope Ronimo finds a solution.

EDIT: @ diehardsam: yes, last time it worked for me i was also at the right side.
And if i clicked to build a worker it didn't worked. After ~10 seconds the worker was here.

Ronimo Games
01-04-2011, 08:49 AM
In case you have any friends who also play Swords & Soldiers: does it matter in a friend invite whether you invite them or the other way around?

PsYcHo126
01-04-2011, 09:45 AM
Yea.. i tried it out with a friend. It always didn't worked. But i will try it again later.

Ronimo Games
01-04-2011, 11:05 AM
Let me be more clear as to the exact thing I meant:
If you often have network errors (not always), and you have a friend who almost never has network errors. Does it matter if you invite your friend, or if your friend invites you?

As that the situation you tried?

PsYcHo126
01-04-2011, 01:07 PM
No, it doesn't matter. We tried it again now.
I invited him and he got the error before the black screen with "load...". (then i got the black screen with "load.." and then i got the error.
Then he invited me, the load window appeared, we both got the black screen with "load.." and then we both got the error.

shane3x
01-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I know PsYcHo126 already has but to everyone else you should provide your logs (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1699563) to help the developers find a solution.