PDA

View Full Version : A new update???

maul_inc01
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
Hmm, I just noticed that Steam have downloaded an update. The funny thing is that Steam says that it's only 0KB...Strange:confused:

Memphix
12-08-2010, 06:32 PM
23.2mb was my update a few mins ago
No info stated in news though
/shrug

DDI
12-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I looked in my Alpha Protocol steam folder and there was a patch.txt file with a modified date of today. I guess it applied 1.1 again?

================================================== ========================
ALPHA PROTOCOL
This file contains the log of the fixes and changes made to Alpha Protocol
since its initial release.

VERSION 1.1
-----------
- To resolve activation issues, PC copy protection has been removed.
- In Moscow during the assault of Brayko's Mansion, the player could get
into a situation where a door would not be openable preventing progression
through the rest of the level. This has been fixed.
- In Taipei, during the Stop the Assassination mission, the user can fall
out of the world if they reload the "Exit Gardens" checkpoint. There was
also a problem where if the player backtracked, part of the level might
not load in properly. This has also been fixed.
- In the same mission, a problem with subtitles was corrected.
- In the museum in Rome, the game could crash when using Focused Aim to
kill the NPC holding Madison in the elevator.
- Bosses could get stuck in an accelerated mode when Fury wears off.
- Chainsot was exploitable to slow time and get critical headshots without
consuming its cooldown.

liquid sleep
12-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I looked in my Alpha Protocol steam folder and there was a patch.txt file with a modified date of today. I guess it applied 1.1 again?

ALPHA PROTOCOL
This file contains the log of the fixes and changes made to Alpha Protocol
since its initial release.

VERSION 1.1
-----------
- To resolve activation issues, PC copy protection has been removed.

Awesome!

maul_inc01
12-08-2010, 07:32 PM
I think I know what happened. A couple of weeks ago, Sega posted a DRM free version of the 1.1 patch which I downloaded and installed on my steam installation and it worked fine. So I guess that finally got uploaded on Steam and that is why it stated that my game had been updated while at the same time stating that it only had downloaded 0KB :)

Kitsune Sniper
12-08-2010, 09:21 PM
Woohoo, that's awesome.

tedmani
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
I think I know what happened. A couple of weeks ago, Sega posted a DRM free version of the 1.1 patch which I downloaded and installed on my steam installation and it worked fine. So I guess that finally got uploaded on Steam and that is why it stated that my game had been updated while at the same time stating that it only had downloaded 0KB :)

Usually when it says 0KB it just means you downloaded it, but eventhough there first stood 23 MB, it just jumps back to 0KB.

Prosthetics
12-08-2010, 09:57 PM
DLed 1.6mb for me. Moving my .exe and verifying cache to get the right exe working.

maul_inc01
12-09-2010, 03:28 AM
Usually when it says 0KB it just means you downloaded it, but eventhough there first stood 23 MB, it just jumps back to 0KB.

Whatever. I had already this patch installed so there was no reason for it to update.

Chris_TC
12-09-2010, 06:05 AM
Why don't they patch out the mouse jerkiness? It's ridiculous how you have to edit an .ini file to make the game playable.

sarcacid
12-09-2010, 06:03 PM
What's the mouse jerkiness? I haven't played the game yet, but it would be nice to know how to fix it beforehand.

pox67
12-10-2010, 04:03 AM
Why don't they patch out the mouse jerkiness? It's ridiculous how you have to edit an .ini file to make the game playable.

+ 1 to that, lots of current games have that issue, it really pissed me off in ME2 as well. Just a sign of lazy programming.

Chris_TC
12-10-2010, 04:05 AM
What's the mouse jerkiness? I haven't played the game yet, but it would be nice to know how to fix it beforehand.
The mouse control is extremely inaccurate by default. When you try to aim and move your mouse just a fraction of a hair to the left, the reticule on your screen jumps half an inch to the left. You simply can't do any precision aiming.

A fix has been described here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1610398

Changing the settings UseBackgroundLevelStreaming and OnlyStreamInTextures to what is suggested has a downside though. It increases the level loading times considerably.

Chris_TC
12-10-2010, 04:07 AM
it really jarateed me off in ME2 as well.
I didn't have any trouble with ME2. I played the game without any tweaks, and it worked fine (pretty similar to the first ME).

Bad Enough Dude
12-10-2010, 10:50 PM
how can i tell which version i'm on?

nanohead
12-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Yeah, me too! I can't tell if I got upgraded yet

sarcacid
12-14-2010, 09:12 PM
how can i tell which version i'm on?

Look for "patch.txt" in Steam\steamapps\common\alpha protocol