View Full Version : Oldchool HL mods
12-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Is it just me that likes OldSchool stuff?
I've been collecting old stuff to this (http://www.planetphillip.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1330) topic. You are free to join and add your memories and comments. I have much more to come, i j just need time..
Im really looking for people that remembers Global Assault, The Hot Death Diner, HL Atlas etc.
12-10-2010, 03:46 PM
This is great!
Excellent job finding this stuff!
12-11-2010, 07:23 PM
I have plenty of stuff left from the old days, but I don't feel like registering somewhere else to post them.
12-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Azure Sheep, Half Life Invasion, and Poke646 are amongst my favorites.
01-14-2011, 05:00 AM
I like Sven Co-op and USS Darkstar.
01-14-2011, 05:25 AM
Nice one cheers
01-18-2011, 09:06 AM
Half-Life: Battlegrounds. First time I realized that you indeed can make a fun game out of slow reloading rifles.
I also remember playing Scientist Hunt a lot when I was younger.
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM
my top6 hl1 mods:
1. firearms - lots of guns, nice maps and teamplay, dark and gritty flair, just the best military shooter mod for hl1 in centuries. had tons of fun with it
2. natural selection - they say it was starcraft as a multiplayer shooter, it was truly more than this: i have never played such a polished and immersive mod in my whole life. and although i didnt like sci-fi at all, this game was pure awesomeness. it was the horror (in a good way) to walk down gloomy metallic hallways as a lone marine. and if that wasnt enough you could also play as aliens and build structures in the hl engine which served a real purpose! come on, why does NO developer nowadays even think of this idea of a game that effectively combines rts and fps elements? the market truly lacks that sort of games
3. day of defeat - ok you say this isnt classic at all. sure it was classic, at least back then when I started playing it. was a fun mod even though the sequel (dods) didnt really come up to overall expectations. dod was one hell of a hard mod however, as the community was pretty much established and the guns offered no room for some noob luck, often pretty frustrating but whatever. btw unlike all other mods in this list, dod is still quite popular
4. the specialists - if theres one word that described this mod perfectly, it would be 'actionpacked'. choose your guns and join the carnage. this mod was fun, intense, diverse and challenging. and it would have made a great basis for a matrix game that (ported onto a new and better engine) had surely attracted thousands of gamers
5. battlegrounds - first mod that required more time to reload than actually to shoot a rifle, still very fun mod (even the buggy melee engagements) that had hilarious voice commands ("aye!") but also very ugly models
6. frontline force - this is one of the mods besides counterstrike that introduced me to the genre of multiplayer shooters. it was fun playing it even though it didnt offer anything innovative (besides sentry guns at spawns, i hated those)
sorry for writing so much. with all these gfx-fancy cod4 and bc2 around me, i guess i just went a bit nostalgic
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.