PDA

View Full Version : Divine Wind

comradetony
12-13-2010, 08:55 AM
Hello,

Is there any indication that the EUIII 'Divine Wind' expansion pack will be available on Steam? I have EUIII Complete on steam, and I like to keep my purchases to one account, rather than all over the place :)

Hakenaton
12-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Same here though I am not sure how long I can resist :eek:

Adlerson
12-13-2010, 04:58 PM
I dearly love Steam, with this ONE caveat; They stink when it comes to talking to us, the customers. Normally Steam stuff will be available at the same time as, or very shortly after (hours) of official releases, but it would be nice to know for sure, one way or the other.

Valve, you listening? Talk to us! :)

AstroCat
12-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Likewise, I'd like to know if I will be able to buy the DW expansion tomorrow.

pevergreen
12-14-2010, 01:47 AM
Well, Divine Wind is released, people have downloaded and installed and are playing.

No mention of it, perhaps a few days wait.

Adlerson
12-14-2010, 02:18 AM
I would be very surprised if it was a few days, but hey, never say never.

ok-ck
12-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Dang it, they have done it again.
First they start selling that wonderful game Eu3 on steam, and by that they also need to keep me as one of many (I guess) addicts getting our fixes at the time. :o

nudge
12-14-2010, 05:00 AM
It is coming to steam according to the paradox team of the official forums. There saying the delay is on Valve's end, as there being slow to add the files

pevergreen
12-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Hence asking here, instead of the Paradox forums.

ok-ck
12-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Good to hear!
But how long will it be? Is it a matter of hours or days? Ah well, I hope I don't die waiting :D

comradetony
12-14-2010, 09:02 AM
Looks like im not the only person wondering then!

Had a quick look on the Paradox forums and as mentioned by folks earlier, the ball seems to be in Steam's court. Hopefully we might hear some news :S

I'll wait until closer to Christmas if not, if it isnt out by then I may risk downloading from gamersgate and hope its compatible.

felixLaal
12-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Same to me - if it takes to long, i'll try my luck at gamersgate (not to risky, since it seemed to work fine with HttT for other people...)
But nonetheless I would as well rather have them all in one account. Anyone official listening?

42 = the answer
12-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Heh, I'm also waiting. I hope this won't take too long, although I'm not in a hurry..

danishPower
12-14-2010, 09:42 AM
It will be on steam

Direct quote from one of the officials at paradox:
"It will be on Steam, but sometimes Steam take their time adding things."

Tiaexz
12-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Paradox has a special 'arrangement' with Steam so people use its priority service with Gamersgate.

Bacchus451
12-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Come on Steam, get it together, I would like to give you money.

AyaReiko
12-14-2010, 11:02 AM
C'mon Steam, we want the expansion!

Saeltari
12-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Yep, same here. Hoping to see it here very very soon!

ObiwanMcCartney
12-14-2010, 11:36 AM
Waiting on release dates is about the worst thing ever. A close second? Release date finally gets here and we still cant have it.

Adlerson
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Paradox has a special 'arrangement' with Steam so people use its priority service with Gamersgate.

Don't know, to me it seems Steam is just overall bad when it comes to non-mainstream games. Been the same every time I've been waiting for something else than 'Mass Effect' or something big.

Growing a little tired of it, to be honest. I've been singing Steam's praise for a long time now, but especially the lack of feedback to customers is really starting to get to me.

Hakenaton
12-14-2010, 02:53 PM
I am steaming :o Come on Steam! I got 50 more years to finish my scenario as the Frenc, once done I am Gamesgate customer. Want my business, hurry up :p

Saeltari
12-14-2010, 06:50 PM
If it's a comfort... D2D already has it.. Like I said, couple more days and GG's got my moola. Yep, not known for my patience :D

ObiwanMcCartney
12-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Wow, didnt even make release DAY let alone release HOUR.

AyaReiko
12-15-2010, 10:04 AM
One day later and still no sign of it. WTF, Steam?

ok-ck
12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
Typical Steam, they got the money and the power, anyone but Steam can get non mainstream games out at the time.. I am not dissapointed for this is what Steam does everytime..

Adlerson
12-15-2010, 12:40 PM
This is turning in to downright ridiculous.

GamersGate, here I come!

MeHoW
12-15-2010, 01:08 PM
God dammit steam realse it already

Bacchus451
12-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Steam, where my dogs at. I need this game. If I had confirmation that GamersGate would work with the steam version I'd be all over it, despite my loyalty to Steam. Just release it already

nudge
12-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Gah ive been waiting for this game so long. Come on steam hurry up!

AstroCat
12-16-2010, 09:02 AM
Is this ever coming out on Steam or do I have to buy the whole thing over again on GamersGate or somewhere else?! Bummer!

Hakenaton
12-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Too late Steam! Beaten by GG! I had to buy again the last expansion but I really don't mind for Paradox, just love their strategy games. They seems to know what makes us ticks. Wonder why? ... hmmm? Steam any idea? ;)

GG by the way has games Steam doesn't, have like The Saboteur, really loved that game. I guess I am going to be better in doing my shopping for now on rather than blindly looking at Steam only. I think Steam got so big they don't feel like they have to go for the extra steps, smaller companies have to. Now I wonder if they going to have those Xmas specials like last years. It was crazy (in a very good way).

I am very curious how things works and how some game makes it to Steam some doesn't.

All that said I still love Steam but reckon you cannot rely solely on it.

KingHarper
12-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Anyone got any idea how long these ♥♥♥♥wits at steam are going to take to release DW!?!!?!

simpfan1
12-17-2010, 02:00 AM
Im still waiting for HttT for mac :[
Now who knows how long, if ever, it will take for DW...

danishPower
12-17-2010, 04:56 AM
Latest news; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511340-Divine-Wind-on-Steam-in-January

"Divine Wind on Steam in January

I'll tell you more as soon as I have more details, but for now we know that Divine Wind will most likely be a January release on Steam. "

santali
12-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Latest news; http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511340-Divine-Wind-on-Steam-in-January

"Divine Wind on Steam in January

I'll tell you more as soon as I have more details, but for now we know that Divine Wind will most likely be a January release on Steam. "

VALVE! I AM DISAPPOINT... :(

Well, that's another client for gamers gate.

Tiaexz
12-17-2010, 09:32 AM
I believe they are putting the achievements on the Steam system and other changes on behalf of Paradox. Issue with this is, Paradox gave them the copy last minute...

felixLaal
12-17-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm actually not quite believing this...!

AyaReiko
12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
I believe they are putting the achievements on the Steam system and other changes on behalf of Paradox. Issue with this is, Paradox gave them the copy last minute...

I suspect this too. Bet you anything the main cause of the delay is the addition of Achievements and Paradox Connect. But mostly Paradox Connect.

Adlerson
12-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I've always been a fan of Steam, but again the one thing that I keep admitting to, and which is becoming even more blatantly obvious after this fiasco, is their horrible customer support.
The concept of Steam is great, but for F sake, communicate with us!! Remember, NO ONE is too big to care, Valve!

I don't think this is only Steam's fault either, Paradox probably should share some of the blame, but that doesn't mean a rep from Steam can't come on these forums and say 'For reasons beyond our control blah blah blah'.

I am now another GamersGate customer, and like someone else said, I'll probably still use Steam in the future, but I will from now on shop around more.
But hey, Steam's big enough to not care about money, right? ;)

AyaReiko
12-17-2010, 11:47 PM
I've always been a fan of Steam, but again the one thing that I keep admitting to, and which is becoming even more blatantly obvious after this fiasco, is their horrible customer support.
The concept of Steam is great, but for F sake, communicate with us!! Remember, NO ONE is too big to care, Valve!

Bear in mind they probably get a hundred or so bug/complaint reports per day while only having about a dozen in support to handle them all.

The fact Paradox is saying it'll be likely out next month on Steam shows that Steam is listening.

danishPower
12-18-2010, 05:32 AM
You think this is a bad case of not communicating with customers? You should have seen the forum when they announced Left for Dead 2. Holy, ♥♥♥♥ing, crap.

Valve has never communicated with their customers other than a random note in the forum every 3rd month. When's the last time we heard anything about Half-Life 2 Episode 3?

ObiwanMcCartney
12-19-2010, 06:50 AM
First, Steam fails to get it out on release day.

Second, Steam eventually secretly tells Paradox that it likely will be out in January, but not why, and they wont tell the customers anything.

So, Steam sucks enough that they cant get the job done on time, supposedly declaring a January release, AND Steam is too stupid and/or lazy to even list it as COMING SOON?!?!?!?

That oughta be in a WIndows 7 smartphone commercial.....REALLY?!?

Hiiri
12-19-2010, 02:45 PM
So much rage... :P

Dr_Evil
12-20-2010, 12:35 AM
That oughta be in a WIndows 7 smartphone commercial.....REALLY?!?

0:18 and 0:44 = DROOL!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHlN21ebeak)

Grover McClurg
12-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I like Steam - shame to see it losing out by being beaten to market by Gamers Gate on this one...

Grover McClurg
12-20-2010, 11:50 PM
You think this is a bad case of not communicating with customers? You should have seen the forum when they announced Left for Dead 2. Holy, ♥♥♥♥ing, crap.

Valve has never communicated with their customers other than a random note in the forum every 3rd month. When's the last time we heard anything about Half-Life 2 Episode 3?

It's due next week ;)

InfinitusOdium
12-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I like Steam - shame to see it losing out by being beaten to market by Gamers Gate on this one...

Doesnt Paradox OWN GamersGate? If so I would assume they want to sell Divine Wind to the hardcore players on GamersGate and then to the rest of us on Steam later.

Bacchus451
01-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Paradox does not, no.

captain_video
01-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Paradox does not, no.

Paradox co-funded the launch of GamersGate, but has since sold their financial interest. They still maintain strong business ties, however, which is why some of their digital titles remain GG exclusives.

Divine Wind is coming to Steam, whenever Steam gets around to releasing it, supposedly sometime this month.

ObiwanMcCartney
01-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Pretty bad, that it was supposed to be out on the 14th of December, only for us to be told (in a round-about-kind of way) that it would be out in January, and all this while, it still has never even shown up in the coming soon section.

Aetius
01-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Pretty bad, that it was supposed to be out on the 14th of December, only for us to be told (in a round-about-kind of way) that it would be out in January, and all this while, it still has never even shown up in the coming soon section.

DLCs do not appear on the 'upcoming games' list in the Steam Store.

nudge
01-03-2011, 12:45 AM
DLCs do not appear on the 'upcoming games' list in the Steam Store.

mw2 one did

Aetius
01-03-2011, 01:47 AM
mw2 one did

Yeah but that's MW2 :p.

ObiwanMcCartney
01-03-2011, 06:35 AM
technically its an expansion, not simple dlc.

Aetius
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM

It's considered DLC on Steam. Right click Europa Universalis Complete in your library and then click view DLC. Heir to the Throne is listed under the DLC.

But yes, it is officially an expansion. Although nowadays expansions are increasingly being labeled DLCs, which is pretty annoying.

Hiiri
01-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Ugh, SAME THING!!! :D

Maizel
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM
According to the paradox Devs, it should be sometime this month.

I really can't wait though.

Dedistrub
01-04-2011, 11:14 AM
I couldn't wait either, so I bought it off GamersGate.

After purchase, I downloaded the game, went to install it and the installer automatically detected my installation of EU3 in its Steam directory. I've had no issues running DW in this way, so far. The only issue I had was my GPU failed to produce images on my monitor after about three or four hours of play, which could not be resolved without a manual shutdown of the system. I associate that with a heating issue, not with the location from where I purchased DW. (Am running Vista 64-bit).

So, if you can't wait, and don't fear problems of compatibility, get DW off GamersGate.

Maizel
01-04-2011, 01:01 PM
I couldn't wait either, so I bought it off GamersGate.

After purchase, I downloaded the game, went to install it and the installer automatically detected my installation of EU3 in its Steam directory. I've had no issues running DW in this way, so far. The only issue I had was my GPU failed to produce images on my monitor after about three or four hours of play, which could not be resolved without a manual shutdown of the system. I associate that with a heating issue, not with the location from where I purchased DW. (Am running Vista 64-bit).

So, if you can't wait, and don't fear problems of compatibility, get DW off GamersGate.

Aye, I know they;re compatible.

I just want to have my EU collection in one place, know what I mean? It just sucks Steam is so slow sometimes.

reckon1973
01-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Aye, I know they;re compatible.

I just want to have my EU collection in one place, know what I mean? It just sucks Steam is so slow sometimes.

Yea, same here. I try to have everything in the same place. However, if it takes too long, I'll jump to Gamersgate if compability is not a problem, as already others have said in this thread.

Regards

Chrissd21
01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Don't know, to me it seems Steam is just overall bad when it comes to non-mainstream games. Been the same every time I've been waiting for something else than 'Mass Effect' or something big.

Funny thing is, they have stuff like Plain Sight. And you know, ninja kamikaze robots killing each other to a jazz soundtrack is pretty obscure. Hell, Jazz is pretty much the definition of obscure. :P

It's considered DLC on Steam. Right click Europa Universalis Complete in your library and then click view DLC. Heir to the Throne is listed under the DLC.

But yes, it is officially an expansion. Although nowadays expansions are increasingly being labeled DLCs, which is pretty annoying.

Yea, it's Steams way of organising the files. Instead of having four versions of EU in your library, you have one and DLC. Complete only counts as one, so every other expansion after In Nomine and Napoleon's Ambition will be listed as DLC. On the one hand, it's a nice way of keeping it together. On the other hand, a friend calls expansions patches, so I'm used to being annoyed by now. :p

Looking forward to DW though, Napoleon and China in the one epic game. :D

Maizel
01-06-2011, 04:22 AM
Hurry!

KarlMonster
01-06-2011, 07:18 AM
So, here we are.

All the way on page 5, of a forum thread that pleads with Steam to add the Divine Wind expansion to the Steam store.

Not one of you realized that there is an Official Forum (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15&order=desc) for posting suggestions, ideas, and games that we want to see on Steam. That's right, this whole thread was ignored because its in the wrong place.

So, repeat after me (and do this politely, please!), "I will post in the correct forum."

Also, if you did buy from GG, you're going to be suffering a little. GG's EU3 stuff cannot 'see' the Steam software, and may need a little, or a whole lot of work to be playable together.

Darn, one last thing. What was that about L4D2 and Valve ignoring user forums? I totally passed on both and have no idea whats up there.

cropredybridge
01-06-2011, 08:57 AM
LOL at your request in that forum, KarlMonster.

May your prayer be answered soon!

Dedistrub
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
Also, if you did buy from GG, you're going to be suffering a little. GG's EU3 stuff cannot 'see' the Steam software, and may need a little, or a whole lot of work to be playable together.

I'm not sure what you mean by "stuff", but Divine Wind from GG has been completely compatible with Steam for me. If you mean the overlay, then that is compatible. If you mean the achievements, I have yet to find if those are working. I'll update this post, if necessary, when I find out if they work.

Edit: Achievements do not work; something about the save file being incompatible with the version of the game. EU3 never had any nominal achievements before, so it's really no loss.

KarlMonster
01-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Glad to hear it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are so many messages in Paradox's support forum about "My Paradox game from Steam isn't working with my Paradox game from 'X' " that they specifically added that as a FAQ topic.

If your combo works, then don't mind me.

nudge
01-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Karl we don't need to post in the suggestion ideas thread because they have already announced it will be on steam, just not a specific date. They said "sometime in January".

lk80
01-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Glad to hear it.

I just wanted to let you guys know that there are so many messages in Paradox's support forum about "My Paradox game from Steam isn't working with my Paradox game from 'X' " that they specifically added that as a FAQ topic.

Because most people (and strangely enough, this seems even more prevalent with Paradox users) are complete and utter failures at doing anything remotely technical with their computer. I'm not in the least bit surprised to hear that the typical gamer can't figure out how to copy their Steam EU3:HTTT install and install GG EU3:DW on top of it.

Back on topic, I'm anxiously awaiting the release on Steam, along with the 5.1 patch that will come with it.

pevergreen
01-06-2011, 07:19 PM
Glad to hear it.

I was thinking you would talk about this thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?511797-EU3-Steam-FAQ-Help-%28includes-how-to-get-your-CD-key-if-bought-via-Steam%29&

The guy who created that must have been a cool guy.

danishPower
01-07-2011, 03:01 AM
Darn, one last thing. What was that about L4D2 and Valve ignoring user forums? I totally passed on both and have no idea whats up there.

you had to be there to really get it

Maizel
01-07-2011, 11:27 AM
GIVE US DWWWWW!!!!

xatharas
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
indeed! :rolleyes:

nudge
01-07-2011, 01:40 PM
GIVE US DWWWWW!!!!

This
Ive been waiting to long

ObiwanMcCartney
01-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow, from the day of official release on the 14th of December, through today (3:50pm est) there have only been 10 different days of new releases.

So I'm guessing they havent been very busy at all, certainly enough time to get it together enough to say when it is coming to Steam and why it hasnt yet. Sure, its been the Christmas special season of late, but I wager the group of people responsible for putting games up for download are not the same automated credit card machines responsible for selling discounted games.

3Form
01-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Wish I'd bought EU3 from Impulse now! I'd forgotten about my mental note to double check Steam prices with Impulse prices before purchasing anything, as one of the platforms is vastly superior to the other!

AyaReiko
01-11-2011, 11:20 PM
It'll probably come out when Paradox releases the 5.1 patch (much like how Vicky 2 came out).

cralecan
01-12-2011, 03:36 AM
i certainly do regret having bought ee3 at steam by now. it has been a month now since the expansion was released.

He@vens
01-14-2011, 04:26 AM
Aaaaaaanytime now...

ObiwanMcCartney
01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Still cant be bothered, gotta get another train engine out. Can only put up one download today. Tell ya what Valve, how much do the people who put games up for download make a year? I'll do it for less.

Dr_Evil
01-16-2011, 11:31 PM
It's nearly bleeding February. :|

Valve. Seriously?

ptrlaurent
01-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Theres just being an announcement and ive got word it will be out within the next 7 days

asix79
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
Theres just being an announcement and ive got word it will be out within the next 7 days

What's your source?

thebigJ_A
01-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Hello,

Is there any indication that the EUIII 'Divine Wind' expansion pack will be available on Steam? I have EUIII Complete on steam, and I like to keep my purchases to one account, rather than all over the place :)

I hope you have HttT, too. Divine Wind requires it.

shanekaiser
01-20-2011, 08:16 AM
im curious about where you heard that too.

Yazem
01-20-2011, 09:49 AM
I think it's wierd that steam can't even tell us why the game is delayed..
And if it's like some people are saying, That they release it when the patch goes live, then TELL US!

ptrlaurent
01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
we just have some backlog of about 30 games to get through.. the xmas sale tested oour new beta store so as it was really more of a test it set us back on releasing..as this game is only a patch we will get it out

lk80
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM
we just have some backlog of about 30 games to get through.. the xmas sale tested oour new beta store so as it was really more of a test it set us back on releasing..as this game is only a patch we will get it out

That would be great, except you don't work for Valve. Nice try though.

thebigJ_A
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been waiting.... and waiting...

It was supposed to be in January. It's the 20th and still no word.

ObiwanMcCartney
01-20-2011, 06:02 PM
I've been waiting.... and waiting...

It was supposed to be in January. It's the 20th and still no word.

Don't give them more credit than is merited, it was actually supposed to be December 14th, we're over 1 month late already.

thebigJ_A
01-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Don't give them more credit than is merited, it was actually supposed to be December 14th, we're over 1 month late already.

The guys from Paradox said Steam told them it was going to be in January when it didn't appear in December. It's up to Steam now.

I'm tempted to just get it from GG now, except that there are a few people who have had a problem getting it to work with their Steam copy of EU. (But then again, the majority say it works fine.)

Yazem
01-21-2011, 01:05 AM
I wonder how many customers that were going to buy DW here at steam, but instead got it from GG, because of this delayed release.

VivaGabe
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Divine Wind now available. http://store.steampowered.com/app/25808/

Unckmania
01-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Too late Steam. You lost me a couple weeks ago. Could you try harder next time buddy?

gdennis
01-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like DW is available now! I just bought and installed it. Went to play, and got a 'failed to start' error code 77. Sweet.

ptrlaurent
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
i told you it would be out in the next 7 days

OlegBeloV
01-21-2011, 01:33 PM
its beautiful...

Yazem
01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
are you able to access achievements?

fakt00r
01-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Divine Wind now available. http://store.steampowered.com/app/25808/

It's not available for Mac. Even HttT isn't available for Mac. :(:mad::(

OlegBeloV
01-22-2011, 12:51 AM
are you able to access achievements?

NO:mad:! The Steam version of the game is broken because the checksums are different than the GamersGate version of the game. So no mp and no achievements!

OlegBeloV
01-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Is it not illegal to sell a game, promising a multiplayer and achievements and then not giving them?

Isnt there some kind of consumer law protecting us from the evil clutches of steam? :p

General_e774
01-22-2011, 09:43 AM
It will probably be fixed with the next patch.