PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Servers

shane3x
12-14-2010, 04:31 PM
So how will this exactly work? Are they going to be horrible third part servers from a provider (such as GameServers.com) or will people be able to set up their own servers anywhere around the world (such as something through Valve).

PC Gaming as you know doesn't always get treated right and since this game is originally an Xbox title I can only assume neglect until proven otherwise.

At least the beta will give us the opportunity to test things out and see how well it all runs.

NeutrinoYyz
12-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Anyone can run their own dedicated server.

ShTuPm
12-14-2010, 04:34 PM
Can i create a "listen server" from within the game or do i have to launch a separate tool like Source Dedicated Server?

shane3x
12-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh yes, also how in depth will the server browser be? Will we be able to sort servers by ping, location and things like that?

Will we be able to set multiple filters? (Such as by lowest ping and by certain game modes etc...).

Will we be able to actually see our ping in numbers or will they be bars?

Will there be official servers hosted by the developers/Valve and if so where will they be located?

Will there be a console available to players so we can tweak things for performance optimisation (lag and the game itself)?

Tipperzack
12-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Will there be lan support Uber Entertainment?
Plus thanks for bring your game to the PC
Been waiting

Shuz
12-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Anyone can run their own dedicated server.

nice :D.. GJ

Ekanaut
12-15-2010, 09:25 AM
Will there be lan support Uber Entertainment?
Plus thanks for bring your game to the PC
Been waiting

Yes, we'll have Lan support

sdub86
12-15-2010, 09:43 AM

You guys are fulfilling every hope I had for this game. Cannot wait for tomorrow's beta.

ShTuPm
12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Erm....mic/text chat support? Anyone?

paketep
12-15-2010, 12:18 PM

yayyyyyyy!!!! \o/

Love all I've read from you guys, for a dev coming from XBLA, you certainly know what we PC gamers want.

Hope the moddability your implementing in January includes mapping, that and new modes seem to be the only thing a bit lacking in this game.

I'm preordering right now.

Sableye
12-15-2010, 12:58 PM
yayyyyyyy!!!! \o/

Love all I've read from you guys, for a dev coming from XBLA, you certainly know what we PC gamers want.

Hope the moddability your implementing in January includes mapping, that and new modes seem to be the only thing a bit lacking in this game.

I'm preordering right now.

Yeah will custom maps be supported?

ShTuPm
12-16-2010, 04:07 AM
Soooooo ah....voicechat on pc? Yes? No? :P