PDA

View Full Version : fallout new vegas: best place to buy ammo

sruf
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
hi there,

i am level 10 in NV now and noticed that all my weapons (different types) lack ammo...where is the best place to buy ammo for different weapons?

marneuscoral
12-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Gun Runners near Freeside.

LadyCrimson
12-15-2010, 09:30 AM
For certain types of ammo, like .308, Contreras in the lower part of Camp McCarran (far end of Concourse). But you may need to be lvl 12 or so before he seems that great. Also, he has an unmarked quest which can dictate his long-term availability...

denissimo
12-16-2010, 02:03 AM
if you need ammo for Guns - gunrunners

VAC Angel
12-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Are there any other GunRunners or Silver Rush locations like they say there are in the game? Most people you talk to that are with them say there are branches "everywhere"

denissimo
12-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Are there any other GunRunners or Silver Rush locations like they say there are in the game? Most people you talk to that are with them say there are branches "everywhere"

not sure about silver rush, but there's no other gunrunners shop or similar in mojave. why? stock contatantly replenishes.

eldo76
12-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Freeside, Mick & Ralph’s shop, if you manage your speech well with the one bro that sells weapons, he will show you a secret chamber with all sort of special items and tons of ammo.

VAC Angel
12-16-2010, 10:34 AM
not sure about silver rush, but there's no other gunrunners shop or similar in mojave. why? stock contatantly replenishes.

Oh, it's just that they said there were many branches in the wasteland when I first talked to the people. I was actually hoping I could find that darn Anti-Material rifle that I've been combing the shops for

LadyCrimson
12-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Oh, it's just that they said there were many branches in the wasteland when I first talked to the people. I was actually hoping I could find that darn Anti-Material rifle that I've been combing the shops for

I don't know what clvl you are, but I believe the AMR does not start appearing in stores until you're at least lvl-16.

The AMR isn't all that, anyway. Well, it is, but it's also heavy (20weight), slow to fire and slow to load, so using it as a main all-purpose weapon isn't something I personally like to do. ;)

h0tp0ck3t
12-16-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't know what clvl you are, but I believe the AMR does not start appearing in stores until you're at least lvl-16.

The AMR isn't all that, anyway. Well, it is, but it's also heavy (20weight), slow to fire and slow to load, so using it as a main all-purpose weapon isn't something I personally like to do. ;)

how dare you badmouth the anti material rifle! it eats deathclaws for breakfast! :D

denissimo
12-16-2010, 04:25 PM

AMR appears in GunRunners location, just make sure you have the right lvl. I remember buying it at lvl 18 or so

VAC Angel
12-17-2010, 04:47 AM

I'm primarily an anti-NCR sniper, so I can use some bigger rounds. For now my sniper rifle is serving me well.

Lazychip
12-17-2010, 05:02 AM
I'm using the Gobi Desert sniper rifle with Boone. So far, no one has stopped us.

LadyCrimson
12-18-2010, 11:59 PM
how dare you badmouth the anti material rifle! it eats deathclaws for breakfast! :D

Hehe...it's a very powerful gun, I don't dispute that. Just has too many things I don't like to go with that power. ;)