PDA

View Full Version : Postd in Metro thread

bobsbarricades
12-15-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't want to play through the game untill my brother gets here, but I don't want to waste the treasure hunt achievement.

I'm so far just playing the first 3 shooter areas (prelude, vent area, and rail car) to see if I can get 30. It doesn't show progress so I cant say if it's working.

thoughts? are these even the right monsters to be killing?

w00ties
12-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Why do you have to wait for your brother before playing Metro?

AlgeruS
12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
There are like only 3 kinds of different monsters (Big guys, Rat like guys and Librarians) so you can't go wrong just shooting everything
Also you still have 5 days to complete the achievement, you can still get the objective when the game goes off sale

real4xor
12-15-2010, 10:39 AM
lol, I met some dude named Khan, somewhere after 2 hours of playing.
A few walks later I finally got the achievement.

The game has a bit of a slow pace (if you`re just hunting for "vermin"), but just play on until you get the achievement. Eventually you`ll get at a few points where a bunch of them keep running at you from.... some exit point. (just don`t blow the place up to barricade them before you got enough kills, and you`re done...)

ester25
12-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I stayed up late playing this last night after spending hours on the Beat hazard achievement.
Took quite a few levels to get 30 kills, and i didn't even get the achievement until i quit the game (when i gave up and had to go to bed). It is very slow paced, a lot intro time a-la Half Life train ride.