PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any MNC questions?

MentelgenlySpy
12-15-2010, 01:25 PM
As an impatient 360 player who can't wait to play this on his computer, I figured I'd help out the less knowledgeable.
I'll try and answer some questions from you guys as best I can in this thread, and eventually put together a few frequently asked ones in the post itself.
Fire away.

Levi
12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Is it over the shoulder view or a first person view? How durable are the characters compared to TF2 or counterstrike?

ShTuPm
12-15-2010, 01:35 PM
I may be wrong but i think that most of those questions will be related to the PC-version aspects. Such as voicechat support, textchat support etc.

But anyway, i've never encountered a good assasin when i was playing the trial one on XBL, but seeing some videos on youtube makes me wonder if he's a bit OP? I know, such an argue arise in every game constantly but ah...i dunno.

Mastah
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
But anyway, i've never encountered a good assasin when i was playing the trial one on XBL, but seeing some videos on youtube makes me wonder if he's a bit OP? I know, such an argue arise in every game constantly but ah...i dunno.

Assassin is not OP at all, actually she's the most squishy of all characters. She won't survive long when focused. Plus her main ability (cloak) can easily be countered.

Actually all the classes are really well balanced, even more since the last DLC.

leahcim
12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
As an impatient 360 player who can't wait to play this on his computer, I figured I'd help out the less knowledgeable.

Less knowledgeable than a 360 owner? Ok, just let me fetch my cat...

Lurkys302
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Assassin is not OP at all, actually she's the most squishy of all characters. She won't survive long when focused. Plus her main ability (cloak) can easily be countered.

Actually all the classes are really well balanced, even more since the last DLC.

BALANCE!? *throws away his TF2 hats and buys MNC*

ShTuPm
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
I haven't seen a shotgun in this game that does much damage either. Maybe i was just watching a vid of a bad or inexpirienced player or something...Anyway, i'll have an opportunity to test it out myself tomorrow.

even more since the last DLC.

Never had the opportunity to try it out. What exactly is tuned in terms of balance?

MentelgenlySpy
12-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Is it over the shoulder view or a first person view? How durable are the characters compared to TF2 or counterstrike?

It's always over the shoulder. There may be possibilities of first person mods, and when the Sniper class scopes, it's not third person, but otherwise it remains in that perspective.

As for character durability, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Mastah
12-15-2010, 02:57 PM
Never had the opportunity to try it out. What exactly is tuned in terms of balance?

Well if you want the exact details, you can find them here : http://www.uberent.com/blog/2010/11/spunky-cola-special-free-dlc-out-wednesday-december-1st/ :)

To sum up, rather than balancing it's more like fine tuning. Classes were already well balanced before the DLC, even though some classes seemed rather weak (assassin) or a bit powerful (sniper, gunner, support)...

What is really nice to see in game is the fact that there is not one class which is dominating.

Levi
12-15-2010, 03:08 PM
It's always over the shoulder. There may be possibilities of first person mods, and when the Sniper class scopes, it's not third person, but otherwise it remains in that perspective.

As for character durability, I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

Ah, that is a bit of a shame, oh well.

By durability I mean how fast do you die when under fire. Do you die in one shot like counterstrike, or does it take a few seconds like in TF2.

Ekanaut
12-15-2010, 03:20 PM
It takes a few seconds or more depending on class.

Levi
12-15-2010, 03:25 PM

That is good, I find skirmishes more fun than "who fires first" showdowns. :)

MentelgenlySpy
12-15-2010, 03:43 PM

Oh my god, an Uber member actually taking time to look at the Steam forums?

Wow. Game industries do care sometimes.

acare84
12-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Will there be bot support?

MentelgenlySpy
12-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Will there be bot support?

Well, I'm no developer, but it wasn't in the 360 version, and there was no mention of it in the information Uber released.

However, in both Crossfire and Blitz there are AI controlled robots alongside/against you that aren't classes.