PDA

View Full Version : My political thoughts...lol

Metro105
12-16-2010, 08:39 AM
1. The enemy is North Korea, the most secret and strange country in the world. don't you think they will be pissed off when they see that their second main enemy (after south korea) is doing this game-propaganda against them?
2. What Kim jong il will do when he look at the new trailer that show him and his son (real??) taking down all usa?
3.Is the game will be available in korea?
4.Is there any chance that USA stop making games only about themselfs and let us play as different factions (the germans in WW2 for example)

MADDOGGE
12-16-2010, 09:39 AM
Don't see number 4 ever happening outside some personal mod. Germany( well the ♥♥♥♥'s) was the aggressor in the European war plus all the atrocities committed against civilians. The German people of that time are not looked upon in a positive light. It's hard to be cast as the hero when perceived as monsters by history.:(

If you don't like American view point games you can always make your own after acquiring the skills needed to do so. The Southlands have lived under the occupation of an oppressive US government for 145years and all we get is yankee propaganda in schools, movies history and books. I think it's only fair the rest of the world suffer as well.:p;)

tunguska47
12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
i don't think we would let japan fall so fast to Korea everyone that is part of united nations would act on that ♥♥♥♥

i don't know how hard core N.Korea is but do they even have a navy?

AlHudsonFX
12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Well what can I say.. I though the same than everybody else Korea??? but at least developers are trying something different is not USSR, Aliens, Zombies or WW II.

Would be more shocking a game about Islam fundamentalists blowing public places at NY.

Anyways what we really need is a good gameplay.

schmidT
12-19-2010, 11:47 PM
I agree on Question Number 4, personally, i think i got tired of playing as American all the time. Well not "tired" tired, know what i mean? I still love playing as American Soldier, but i kindda like it if in the future, we got to play both sides of the faction.

But i also Agree on a good gameplay,
My question also, Game is supposed to be "Fiction" right? Some are based the Fact,,,

ductape
12-23-2010, 10:39 AM
as to number four, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad is doing a single player from the German perspective during ww2 on the eastern front.

But I agree, the US perspective seem to be a bit overdone now, it seems like every game that is near-future, modern, or earlier is from the US perspective. however, provided that it has good gameplay and a decent story, im more than willing to put up with a little "USA Hoorah"

MistaObvious
12-25-2010, 12:03 AM
The USA-driven characters, for one, are designed because that's the number 1 sales base. If there were more Germans buying any particular title, then that might be different. Still, if you haven't seen games developed from the POV of another nationality, you haven't been looking hard enough. Perhaps you're only interested in main-stream, big-time marketed crap (MW2 and Black Ops anyone?).

Red Orchestra is a prime example. Not one part of that game was designed with the American POV. I've played tons of RTS games designed around other nationalities as well. Talk to the game developers in your country or another European country and ask them why they aren't designing more games around other nationalities besides the US. Maybe they'll listen to you.

Raefzm
12-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Don't see number 4 ever happening outside some personal mod. Germany( well the ♥♥♥♥'s) was the aggressor in the European war plus all the atrocities committed against civilians. The German people of that time are not looked upon in a positive light. It's hard to be cast as the hero when perceived as monsters by history.:(

If you don't like American view point games you can always make your own after acquiring the skills needed to do so. The Southlands have lived under the occupation of an oppressive US government for 145years and all we get is yankee propaganda in schools, movies history and books. I think it's only fair the rest of the world suffer as well.:p;)

wow.. seriously... just .. wow...

(obviously i can't post my comment here because i would get PERM-BANNED
long live usa :rolleyes: )

DeadAlot
01-05-2011, 11:11 AM
as to number four, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad is doing a single player from the German perspective during ww2 on the eastern front.

But I agree, the US perspective seem to be a bit overdone now, it seems like every game that is near-future, modern, or earlier is from the US perspective. however, provided that it has good gameplay and a decent story, im more than willing to put up with a little "USA Hoorah"

Maybe a Yemem based modern warfare based game? Or maybe Jamaican themed military game? The US, Russia, China, Taliban etc... are used because they are current and people can relate to these countries based off size or military experience.

If you want to play a game using countries like Ireland, Scotland or Greece I suggest playing the total war series. Those countries are relevant to that era and are a blast to play. Scotland kicks butt btw in Medieval total war!

Casus
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
1. The enemy is North Korea, the most secret and strange country in the world. don't you think they will be jarateed off when they see that their second main enemy (after south korea) is doing this game-propaganda against them?
2. What Kim jong il will do when he look at the new trailer that show him and his son (real??) taking down all usa?
4.Is there any chance that USA stop making games only about themselfs and let us play as different factions (the germans in WW2 for example)

1. I dunno, what did Japan/Russia/Germany/China/??? do when we released 'X' game that featured 'Y' country fighting against the United States. Hmm...oh yea, nothing.

i don't think we would let japan fall so fast to Korea everyone that is part of united nations would act on that ♥♥♥♥

i don't know how hard core N.Korea is but do they even have a navy?

Keep in mind all of this happens during and just after a peak oil scenario that leaves the USA horribly crippled.

It's also important to remember that Japan is a pacifist country now. If the US left Japan, and somebody wanted to attack Japan, Japan is f***ked.

North Korea does not have a big Navy, but they do have some ships and ♥♥♥♥.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Korean_Navy

2. I hope he dies, he's so god damn old, maybe he'll have a seizure or a diabetes attack.

3. I'm sure it will be available in Korea.

4. "Is there any chance companies in a given country filled with employees from said country are going to make a game about not themselves and their likely target market of fellow countrymen?"

Hmmm...no, that sounds pretty unprofitable. Talk to German and Japanese developers for not making games from their POV.

Or you could, like, play online in any of the US centric games. Somebody has to occupy the bad guys' bodies. :D

blackforce
01-08-2011, 06:19 AM
1. The enemy is North Korea, the most secret and strange country in the world. don't you think they will be jarateed off when they see that their second main enemy (after south korea) is doing this game-propaganda against them?

i agree with you, and i live in this hell hole they call the usa. this ♥♥♥♥ is starting to get old, playing the usa is bull ♥♥♥♥. oh and i would love to play the other side sometimes, every war game you get your in the army now, cod bf games and all the reat of them, the same game over and over again.

Dumbarajko
01-08-2011, 07:22 AM
Somebody has to occupy the bad guys' bodies. :D

I always play as non American, and non German. But between Germany and America i must choose Germany cause they were not as bad.

Chad11491
01-08-2011, 08:34 AM
wow.. seriously... just .. wow...

(obviously i can't post my comment here because i would get PERM-BANNED
long live usa :rolleyes: )

he was being sarcastic.

I always play as non American, and non German. But between Germany and America i must choose Germany cause they were not as bad.
Yeah, I totally agree, the ♥♥♥♥'s were so nice, had much better morals and did so many more nice things than the Americans did in WWII. I mean, death camps and total oppression were not nearly as bad as the horrible...horrible..atrocities that the Americans commited...:rolleyes:

Matteis
01-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Guaranteed Kim Jong Il and his son buy more copies of the game than anyone, and always lose to the invading NPCs in the storyline - on purpose.

lostperception
01-08-2011, 02:53 PM
They should make a game centered around the everyday life of Kim Jong Il and Son. They could call it the Jongsims. Just think going around your country inspecting your supplies of not much. Trying to piss off your neighbors without going to war. It sounds like we could have a follow up to the game evil genius. This is what the company really should have been working on.

chrischameleon
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM
There have been a ton of games not centered on the American POV, recent games that come to mind would be: Metro 2033, STALKER series, Killing Floor and lets not forget that Call of Duty 1 & 2 came at fighting in WW 2 from three different perspectives: Americans, British and Soviet.

Plus the Battlefield series was know when it first came out to feature many non-American countries that you fight for: like the Canadians, British, Soviets, Australians and of course the other sides as well.

So your point is moot, if want a different perspective on things then go and buy some Witcher books and play Metro 2033 (and the Witcher, of course) or watch the series on the Military Chanel (a station not sympathetic to the n*** perspective) about when the Soviets surrounded Stalingrad and starved out the n***'s, when I watched that show it was the fist time that I felt truly sorry for them.

Being Jewish, I really have no sympathy for them at all but watching that show and hearing how h***** was partying back in Berlin while his troops were starving and freezing to death really made me think that were human beings after all.

You couldn't make a game out of it but you could make a great movie about how h***** screwed his own troops over and asked them to die for the cause of him being able to kill twelve million people for no other reason than to preserve the favored races.

ZekkDistor
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
It's also important to remember that Japan is a pacifist country now. If the US left Japan, and somebody wanted to attack Japan, Japan is f***ked.

Wait, what? Japan pacifist? Hah!
I wouldn't exactly call them pacifist. A lot of politicians and right-wing groups are trying to get article 9 (the war declaring stuff) rewritten, but despite all this Japan has a reasonable sized army. Although no-one will call it an army, but instead the Self-Defense Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Self-Defense_Forces).

Japan maintains one of the largest military budgets of any country in the world. Japan has close economic and military relations with the United States, with the U.S.-Japan security alliance serving as the cornerstone of the nations's foreign policy. A member state of the United Nations since 1956, Japan has served as a non-permanent Security Council member for a total of 19 years, most recently for 2009 and 2010. It is also one of the G4 nations seeking permanent membership in the Security Council.

Japan's military is restricted by the Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution, which renounces Japan's right to declare war or use military force as a means of settling international disputes. Japan's military is governed by the Ministry of Defense, and primarily consists of the Japan Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF), the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) and the Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF). The forces have been recently used in peacekeeping operations; the deployment of Japanese troops to Iraq marked the first overseas use of its military since World War II. Nippon Keidanren has called on the government to lift the ban on arms exports so that Japan can join multinational projects such as the Joint Strike Fighter.

But yeah, realistically speaking, I don't think they stand that big of a chance against North-Korea, although based on what I've heard about the current state of the North-Korean army (rather outdated equipment etcetera) I think North-Korea will have to fight for its money.

Maffis91
01-09-2011, 12:30 PM

The S.S. and the Wehrmarcht was not the same thing. We could still have games which portrayed the normal german soldier. We don't need to follow the ♥♥♥♥♥.

Casus
01-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Wait, what? Japan pacifist? Hah!
I wouldn't exactly call them pacifist. A lot of politicians and right-wing groups are trying to get article 9 (the war declaring stuff) rewritten, but despite all this Japan has a reasonable sized army. Although no-one will call it an army, but instead the Self-Defense Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_Self-Defense_Forces).

But yeah, realistically speaking, I don't think they stand that big of a chance against North-Korea, although based on what I've heard about the current state of the North-Korean army (rather outdated equipment etcetera) I think North-Korea will have to fight for its money.

You do realize that the bit you just copy-pasted re-asserts my point that they are pacifist right? :D

Japan's military is restricted by the Article 9 of the Japanese Constitution, which renounces Japan's right to declare war or use military force as a means of settling international disputes.

Pacifist ^

The only reason they even HAVE a self defense force (which is a joke) is because they are also members of the United Nations, which means they are entitled to the means of protecting themselves.

Rome
01-11-2011, 06:45 AM
history is bast off the winners if it was Gremany that one then. Stolin would be the bad one and then ever one would think all of Russia was like him. cas the fax is he killed more Jews & his people then the Greman's S.S. did

ZekkDistor
01-12-2011, 02:14 AM
You do realize that the bit you just copy-pasted re-asserts my point that they are pacifist right? :D

Pacifist ^

The only reason they even HAVE a self defense force (which is a joke) is because they are also members of the United Nations, which means they are entitled to the means of protecting themselves.

Okay, since my previous point didn't exactly clarify what I wanted to say, let me rephrase.
When you said pacifist I assumed you meant pacifist in the sense that they do not want to go to war / are opposed to war. Which is wrong, loads of people within Japan want Article 9 of the constitution to be changed so Japan can once again decide for itself to go to war and give military assistance to other countries (like Iraq and Afghanistan) without needing to dodge the issue of unconstitutionality (because there has been a lot of critique on the mission to Afghanistan because of Article 9; basically Japan send Japanese soldiers abroad, which can be argued to be a breach of the constitution).

Secondly, the constitution was written by the U.S., and even though Japan has by now adopted the constitution as its own, it doesn't mean everyone agrees with it. Especially the right-wing politicians are vehemently opposed to Article 9, they feel they're not a real country because they can't have an army.
When the Self-Defense Force was created loads of people protested it because yes, it's actually an army, but because politicians have the ability to make something appear to be different than it actually is, the politicians viewed this as being perfectly alright with the constitution (which, technically, it is not, I think we can all agree).

If, however, Japan was to call it an army from now on, it would have to be dissolved, because as stated in Article 9, Japan is not allowed to have a standing army.
And, while they have little to no offensive capability, they have quite some nifty stuff for defensive purposes, I don't think that if North Korea were to attack Japan right now they'd have a real chance (again, based off the state of the North Korean military I've heard)

So, in conclusion, no, they don't have the SDF because they are members of the U.N., they only have it because the U.S. ended the occupation of Japan and urged Japan to have at least some defensive capabilities again (even though they themselves wrote the anti-war constitution). In fact, the SDF was already created in 1954, and has been controversial ever since, but despite this, Article 9 is still in existence.

Apologies for ranting on though XD

EmptySkin
01-13-2011, 02:03 AM
japana's military is mostly intelligence and research and development,

also, look at the US constitution...does anyone follow it?