PDA

View Full Version : Is this worth buying?

llyndred
12-16-2010, 12:28 PM
hi all. i know its only 1.75 but i dont want to buy another game to sit around my library collecting dust.

worth buying?

thanks

PsYcHo126
12-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Same question here :)

Looks good, but i don't want one more game in my steamlist wich i dont play.

Kitsune Sniper
12-16-2010, 12:57 PM
Well, I bought it a long, long time ago - and loved it. Whoever buys the game now is getting twice the game I did, we didn't have any fancy racing modes or voiceovers back in my day, and we liked it!

*coughs*

There should be a demo on Steam or other sites, so if you're not sure about buying it, you can give it a try.

Polykleitos
12-16-2010, 01:02 PM
An EPIC yes.

Like old school GTA (think GTA one and two) with a million zombies. They make very nice squishing sounds. Fun upgrades, great little campaign, takes a few hours to get through, good replay cause of the different cars and weapons. Slaughter mode is WICKED, like arena of zombie death.

Haven't had time to play the new race mode, but really looking forward to trying it.

Keep in mind that this game has had 2 massive content updates since its release. Slaughter mode and the Death Races are both completely free upgrade/updates to the already AWESOME zombie driving mayhem.

Metro
12-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Prior to the updates that added the new modes? No. Now? Yes.

Polykleitos
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Prior to the updates that added the new modes? No. Now? Yes.

See, this is exactly it. I got it on a $2.50 sale back when there were no other modes and I still loved it. Now you get triple the game I got, for the same price. Also, since its already had such great support, I would recommend supporting this developer just because of how awesome it is that we got so much new stuff

TrappaKeepa
12-16-2010, 01:37 PM
I bought this game a long, long time ago when it first came out. I was surprised to see a large update was applied to the game that had been silent for such a long time. Although there was not a "free play" game mode option, I was still stoked to see a minor revamp with the physx engine. Sweet setup if you ask me. The overall vehicle fun factor is 9.5/10. Spinning your bus sideways at full speed only to slam into a crowd of the undead hordes! Epic multi kill combo mix of doom!

For as cheap as it is, It's an absolute must have. I've played 50+ hours on a game that cost me no more than the amount of the cost for skipping half of a McDonald's combo meal #1 + 2 Double Cheeseburgers on some random evening.

Anywho, back to what I was saying. Please hold all questions until after the interview is over. Now, continuing forth!

*Good game, I highly recommend it. Woot.*

ClayMeow
12-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Played the demo...seemed fun enough - purchased :)

Kitsune Sniper
12-16-2010, 02:05 PM
For as cheap as it is, It's an absolute must have. I've played 50+ hours on a game that cost me no more than the amount of the cost for skipping half of a McDonald's combo meal #1 + 2 Double Cheeseburgers on some random evening.

And there you have it, Zombie Driver isn't just fun, it's good for your health!

Antastan
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
is there some kind of unlimited free roam?
i played the demo and if i remember right, all missions had time limit or rescue limit.

ClayMeow
12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
i played the demo and if i remember right, all missions had time limit or rescue limit.

That's sort of what slaughter is, though the areas seems smaller.

Einherjah
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM

No free-roam..like ClayMeow there Slaughter mode, but it's more of an arena then an open space, and racing which is...racing.
To be honest these two modes in addition to the story mode is all anyone can want.

TJF588
12-17-2010, 08:09 AM
To be honest these two modes in addition to the story mode is all anyone can want.
Tell that to my sister and kin regarding ATV Offroad Fury 4. It was enough that what we call "launching" was taken from ATVOF3, but now we can't just duck around in hilly terrain? Blasphemous.

B33 ENN
12-17-2010, 10:17 AM
I ummed and ahhed about this last time it came up, but I'm enjoying Beat Hazard so much (a simple game when you think about it) I wondered if I might like this more than reviews gave it credit...

From some of the comments here, and support plus free DLC from developer, seems like it's definitely worth looking at.

Would anyone say it has an addictive value?

sonicking917
12-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I would, I'm hooked on it right now. Plus, all the achievements are doable, but some are still challenging. Just what an achievement should be, if you ask me.
Oh, and to an above poster, you can sort of do free roam. pick up your last set of survivors and just drive around. lol
Would be awesome if they added a 7th slaughter map, that was just the entire city, but with a s&!# load more zombies.

Juanxz
12-17-2010, 03:41 PM
I just bought this game today. It's addictive, fun, different and awesome. You should buy it.

Metro
12-17-2010, 05:51 PM
The addition of the new modes turned the game from a suspect buy to a terrific indie gem. The city looks amazing and the physics are great. Free-roam would be a good addition building off of the already existing baseline (they already have the city they'd just have to put in random events or something) but for $2.50, yeah, great price now.

B33 ENN
12-17-2010, 08:08 PM
<Add to cart> :)

jason98798
12-17-2010, 11:11 PM
This game is super fun, but challenging to new players