PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server files

Rustybobo
12-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Hi, can someone tell me where i can find the server files to run a dedicated servers.

Thanks

Rustybobo
12-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Also someone know what port need to be open in order to host?

Peewi
12-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Also someone know what port need to be open in order to host?

The stickied thread lists the ports, but I'd like to note that I was able to host a game that people joined without doing any port forwarding or firewall configuration whatsoever.

I'd try hosting a server and only mess with stuff if people can't join.

LlamaNL
12-16-2010, 04:09 PM
You can only start a server through the same by hitting "Create Game" and checking DEDICATED SERVER. It'll throw you out of the game and a console will pop up

NeutrinoYyz
12-16-2010, 04:13 PM
There will be a way to do it from the command line eventually but we haven't put the documentation together for that yet.

Peewi
12-16-2010, 04:14 PM
You can only start a server through the same by hitting "Create Game" and checking DEDICATED SERVER. It'll throw you out of the game and a console will pop up

Minor annoyance, though: since the game is technically still running, Steam will show you as playing MNC when hosting a server.

LlamaNL
12-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Minor annoyance, though: since the game is technically still running, Steam will show you as playing MNC when hosting a server.

Yeah noticed that too. I hope they release a separate package for the Dedi Server so i can install it on my other pc.

Rustybobo
12-16-2010, 05:04 PM
yeah need to be able to host the dedicated server on a different system, otherwise its not real dedicated server if it run on the same machine as the player.

Peewi
12-16-2010, 05:18 PM
yeah need to be able to host the dedicated server on a different system, otherwise its not real dedicated server if it run on the same machine as the player.

Which is why it looks like this (http://imgur.com/PFoS3.jpg)when you check off "dedicated" and start a server.

Rustybobo
12-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Yeah but you need to game installed on the machine in order to run a dedicated server, this is not right.
You should be able to start the console whitout the game to host a server and play on a different computer.

wob
12-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah but you need to game installed on the machine in order to run a dedicated server, this is not right.
You should be able to start the console whitout the game to host a server and play on a different computer.

Yep - I've got a community of gamers asking me to run beta servers and I can't do it. Please guys - provide a dedicated server! Linux preferably, but I'll take Windows too ;)