PDA

View Full Version : SPO - Strategy Guide

GSH
12-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Lots of people seem to be having a hard time with the game so I decided to write a small guide with some level strategies etc. I'm sure some of the better players will correct me and provide valuable feedback. As it stands, it's more like a first draft but I'd be more than happy to add your strategies and tips as well.

Enjoy!

http://www.giantspacehamster.com/2010/12/system-protocol-one-strategy-guide.html#more

FreshProduce
12-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Interesting guide. If you need strategy help on any of the levels i can offer you the tactics i used to set my high scores. your like begets like seams inefficient. Also i found compressors to be next to useless.

GSH
12-16-2010, 05:46 PM
I could definitely learn a thing or two about how to score a higher efficiency. I can pass Like Begels Like with full integrity with that setup but my efficiency just doesnt rank as high. What exactly affects efficiency scores?

Compressors are fun to spam click!

FreshProduce
12-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Higher efficiencies are achieved by advancing waves and maintaining data core integrity. Sometimes you can profit by advancing waves sooner at the cost of data core integrity but not often. I don't think number of towers or unused cache effect efficiency at all.

Lurpsukka
12-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Higher efficiencies are achieved by advancing waves and maintaining data core integrity. Sometimes you can profit by advancing waves sooner at the cost of data core integrity but not often. I don't think number of towers or unused cache effect efficiency at all.

Yeah the more you play the more you have the habit of manually doing the next wave at the precise time so you can squeeze out that extra percent in the end :)

Nice guide, I just don't want to spoil myself with some of the maps I haven't completed!

FreshProduce
12-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Indeed, giving too detailed directions may spoil the game for people. Maybe add a basic tips for each level followed by a detailed walk through with a spoilers warning on it. Spoiler seams like a great and some how comical word to use in the absence of a plot.