PDA

View Full Version : Controller support in Bejeweled 3 (Win 7)?

B2K
12-16-2010, 08:42 PM
I've got a Xbox 360 USB controller - the device works perfectly in Windows 7 but it doesn't seem to work in Bejeweled 3.

I've searched google and couldn't find any reference to the game supporting a controller - has anyone got this to work?

Thanks

Jonny5300394
12-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Why would you want to use the 360 controller? The game is hard enough and a controller, (Despite how good you may be.) is not faster than a mouse. Also, I don't think the game supports this. And if the game doesn't. You'll have to write your own code.

B2K
12-17-2010, 01:38 PM
Why would you not Jonny? Bejeweled is available on pretty much all systems/consoles even mobile phones so controller (any type, not necessarily the xbox controller) support would be a no brainer under Windows.

Obviously response using mouse is faster than a controller (and controller is faster than keyboard), but the best way to enjoy this game I find is laying back on the couch, playing on a 60", using a controller.

This game is not hard by any means; it's all LUCK. I've completed Quest Mode using the keyboard.

UnfortunatelyNo
12-17-2010, 07:37 PM
I am in love with Lightning mode of this game, which is very important to perform quick swap all the time to earn a high score, thus I use my mouse to play this game. However, I can fully agree with who insists to have controller support for his game of choice. This kind of debate is very prominent especially on FPS genre, since most people agrees that playing a FPS game with mouse and keyboard combination outperforms playing with a controller, but some people just love playing with controller because with controller, the game becomes a lot more relaxing than playing with mouse & keyboard(including myself, especially when a game supports controller force feedback. :cool:). They simply do not care even if they cannot play in the most efficient way, that's purely their own way of enjoying one's game. So why not?, I say.

Although this game does not support controllers, you can try to convert your controller inputs to keyboard inputs. The most well known software to perform this is xpadder. You need $9.99 for this.

http://xpadder.com

I heard that autohotkey also can simulate similar task. This one is a free software.

http://www.autohotkey.com

This game is not hard by any means; it's all LUCK. I've completed Quest Mode using the keyboard.

By the way, this is only partially true :mad:. Yes, luck affects this game a LOT, but this DOES NOT mean that the luck is EVERYTHING. There are some strategies to employ to defeat bad luck to increase your performance. :cool:

Jonny5300394
12-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Why would you not Jonny? Bejeweled is available on pretty much all systems/consoles even mobile phones so controller (any type, not necessarily the xbox controller) support would be a no brainer under Windows.

Obviously response using mouse is faster than a controller (and controller is faster than keyboard), but the best way to enjoy this game I find is laying back on the couch, playing on a 60", using a controller.

Okay, the keyboard part is debatable, but you make a good point.