PDA

View Full Version : Attempting to make Dedicated Server

david_grove
12-17-2010, 08:23 AM
I have all the appropriate ports opened first off. I go to make the dedicated server, I make CERTAIN that LAN Game is not checked and then launch. When I go back into the game it displays it as a LAN game. I have done this by checking and unchecking the LAN Game box.

I have the Forwarding Ports (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8189/ports.jpg) opened so I don't know what's the issue.

I've even set up a .bat file to open up dedicated server without needing to go in game with bIsLanMatch=False

The dedicated server comes up, however it uses LAN. Anyone know what's going on?

aegis80
12-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I really would like to know too.

DragonAsh2007
12-17-2010, 09:54 AM
are you saying that the server files have been made available by UE? I heard they werent available yet

david_grove
12-17-2010, 11:14 AM
are you saying that the server files have been made available by UE? I heard they werent available yet

No, when you go to make a dedicated server in-game it comes up with a command prompt style box with information on what's happening in the server. Something similar happens in-game when making a standard game that isn't dedicated only it runs in the background and is gone once you leave the match or exit the game. With a dedicated server the game remains unless you exit the command prompt.