PDA

View Full Version : Uber. More...active marketing for the game in the future maybe?

ShTuPm
12-17-2010, 09:16 AM
First of all, pardon my limited vocabulary and grammar as i rarely have an opportunity to practice my English talking skills.

Just a suggestion for guys over at Uber. To promote your game, beside the already mentioned Free Weekend(s), it would be a good idea for some ads over at steam. You want to know how i heard about this game coming to PC? I was playing Evil Genius when i had to alt+tab to Windows and then back, only to find out that the game crashes when you do that. I forgot to save it and i was pretty frustrated, so i didn't want to launch it again. I got bored and looked throught the "Specials" section at the Store page when- *whoa*!! Monday Night Combat? On my PC? Imbossible, i said. And then i purchased the game.

Moral of the story? If i didn't tabbed out of the my game 2 days ago, i probably would never found out that the game is here already. There was never any ad windows, any offers, nothing. And i don't see them now also.

So, my point is that you guys probably should go for some ads on Steam. Not a lot of people know about the game and won't untill you literally show them the ad. That and free weekedns, guest passes for those who pre-ordered the game, so that they could probably recruit some friends...

Oh, i almoust forgot. The description for this game is not the best for it imo. Let's have a look:

"Monday Night Combat is a class-based, third-person shooter…"

If i was the one who never saw the game before and tried the Trial on XBL, i'd stop reading right here and thoguht to myself "Meh, cartoony TF2-like class-based shooter? Who never cloned TF2 these days? I'll pass". You probably should re-write it and point out that this game is not just a class-based shooter. Simly because there are tons of class-based shooters these days and this one is different. maybe point out the mix between a TPS and TD or something, i don't know. Again, my English fails me xD

The point of this thread is that you guys brought an excellent game with tons of fun and a different playstyle to PC. If would be shame to see this game not getting the attention it deserves. I rest my case :)

SnarKs
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I heard about it from a giant steam pop up ad. It got my attention very well.

Maiken
12-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, lets tell a company how to do its job!

ShTuPm
12-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I didnt't mean to "tell the company how to run things", nor did i mean to sound "all knowing" or something. It's just that i really like this game and i'm making a suggestion to attract more players. All i mean to say is that i have a pretty big friends list on Steam, i asked most of my friends and none of them ever saw any kind of ads of this game and never heard of it. Not before, not right now. Maybe ads are something region-related or something, i don't know.

NeutrinoYyz
12-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Remember that the game is still in Beta, I'm not sure we want to advertise widely until the full release when things are more stable.

ShTuPm
12-17-2010, 11:19 AM
Sure thing. Actually i meant release, but forgot say that :)

acare84
12-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Just recommend the game to your friends on Steam with Steam's "Recommend to Friends option" right now. That is what I did. :)

leahcim
12-17-2010, 12:12 PM
First of all, pardon my limited vocabulary and grammar as i rarely have an opportunity to practice my English talking skills.

Just a suggestion for guys over at Uber. To promote your game, beside the already mentioned Free Weekend(s), it would be a good idea for some ads over at steam.

They need to get it working first.

As for TF2, I don't think it's anything like. It reminds me more of the arena modes in Ratchet and Clank (all of which, like cartoons, pre-date TF2 by years)

InfectedWar
12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
They need to get it working first.

As for TF2, I don't think it's anything like. It reminds me more of the arena modes in Ratchet and Clank (all of which, like cartoons, pre-date TF2 by years)

I said the exact same thing. This game reminds me of Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked (Older than tf2)

Maiken
12-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Well the classes are certainly tf2 esque, but thats where the comparison ends.

SnarKs
12-17-2010, 05:27 PM
The game is now being advertised in the scrolling banner on the steam store. Happy? =P

Swainy
12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
More of those awesome trailers should do the trick.