PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Combat Beta Update Notes 1-16-11

Ekanaut
12-18-2010, 07:07 AM
PC Product Update 6

***Profiles, stats, money, Protags, control schemes will all be reset***
We need to test it before launch, apologies.

Adjustments

Gunner’s Grapple Skill now turns into a throw at level 2.
Altered how grapple victims are found making it easier for larger classes to have a successful grapple
added separate audio volume sliders for Voices, Music, and Effects
Updated Server Browser layout and functionality
Testing profile resets, all earnings and Protags will be reset.
Added Blitz Ready button

Balance Changes

Reduced damage of Assassin’s Dagger and Sword versus Turrets
Reduced damage of Tank’s Jet Gun versus Turrets
Increased health of Shave Ice Turrets
Decreased juice gain from damage done by Assassin’s Dagger and Sword
Increased damage done by Gunner’s Grapple at level 3

Fixes

Fixed Server Browser refresh hitch
Fixed Show Full and Show Empty filters in Server Browser
Fixed players kicked from game when Steam connection is lost

Monday Night Combat Product Update 5
01/16/11

Fixes
• Fixed class limits for servers
• Fixed passwords not working for servers
• Fixed crash when creating turrets
• Fixed some mascot pathing issues
• Fixed some minor bot firing issues
• Fixed profile wipes when playing in Offline Mode
• Fixed server passwords getting reset

Adjustments
• Removed Clan Tags. Players can still change their name through Steam to reflect a Clan Tag
• Increased the number of bots in each Crossfire wave to help evaluate performance
• Scoreboard no longer blocks game input
• Disabled lobby buttons while loading into a game

New Features
• Added buy confirmation pop up for Highlights and Career ProTags
• Added more Mascot animations
• Added a cooldown bar in the HUD to reflect the status of Gunner or Tank thrusters
• Added “New!” mascot head icon to Career Milestones when there is an unseen ProTag in that milestone
• Colored death UI to match the player’s team
• Added support for multiple dedicated servers on a single computer
• Added an autobalance option for Crossfire matches
• Added message for when players are auto balanced
• Added ServerInstance cmdline option to support multiple dedicated servers on one machine. -ServerInstance[0-14] will automatically offset ports so that all instances show in the serverbrowser. There is no need to change the base port(7777)as it is auto offset by ServerInstance.

Recommend Command Line
mnc.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLob by?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllo wHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass= True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?b IsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelec t=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuratio n=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimi tSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6 ?ClassLimitSniper=6?ServerDescription="Server Name With Spaces" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER

Full Command Line
mnc.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLob by?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllo wHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass= True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?b CustomGame=True?NumPublicConnections=12?NumPrivate Connections=0?NumOpenPublicConnections=0?NumOpenPr ivateConnections=0?bUsePeerNetwork=True?bCreateHos t=True?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsLanMatch=False?bUs esStats=True?bAllowJoinInProgress=True?bAllowInvit es=False?bUsesPresence=False?bAllowJoinViaPresence =False?bAllowJoinViaPresenceFriendsOnly=False?bUse sArbitration=False?bAntiCheatProtected=True?bIsDed icated=True?OwningPlayerName=?PingInMs=0?MatchQual ity=0.000000?GameState=OGS_NoSession?MapName=0?Mat chDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?Clas sLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassi n=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?ServerDe scription="Server Name With Spaces"?GamePassword=passwordwithnospaces-ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER

Admins, make sure to set ports to the following ranges:
TCP 27000-27050
UDP 27000-27050
TCP 7777-7791
UDP 7777-7791

Monday Night Combat Product Update 4
01/09/11

Fixes

Fixed a crash occurring when clicking on player buttons in the Blitz lobby
Create Class:
-fixed classes not saving
-fixed page not updating with new class info
-fixed incorrect endorsements displayed if you didn’t make any endorsement changes
-fixed selection reverting to Assault if you only chose new endorsements
Skill/Turret purchase: fixed display issue in 1280 x 1024
fixed Moneyball Crash end of Blitz and Crossfire
fixed first player join server freeze
fixed game password functionality
Fixed missing HUD wheny dying during a taunt
fixed performance issues on listen and dedicated servers
fixed crash on selecting player in Blitz Pre-Game Lobby

Adjustments

added cooldown on Jump Jets for Gunner and Tank

New Features

added Team Selection to Pre-Game Lobby
Auto-balance in Pre-Game Lobby based on Level

decoupled Dedicated Server from Steam client

Monday Night Combat Product Update 3
12/23/10

Fixes

Fixed zero mouse sensitivity issue.
Fixed spawned bots rewarding bounty and assists when they explode via money ball, time out or buzzer attack.
Fixed PhysX crash.

Adjustments

Increased lifetime of console echos, chat text and team chat.

New Features

Added Admin features to servers
Added command line support for dedicated servers.
Details here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672827

Balance Changes

Reduced the duration of Sniper Trap Freeze against players.
Increased recovery time of level 2 and 3 Tank Charge
Decreased damage done by level 3 Tank Charge, knockdown and stun is unchanged.

Monday Night Combat Product Update 2 12/21/10

Fixes

Fixed scrollbars on all scrollable UIs.
Fixed a display issue in the Playbook.
Fixed game crash on non English languages
Fixed sound for 7.1 audio devices
Fixed not seeing Blitz servers in the server browser.

Adjustments

Improved the chat and console font.
Added chat to Pre-Game Lobby
Colorized team chat to match your team’s color.
Increased the time to start a Blitz match in order to give more time for players to get on the server. Game can still by started earlier by toggling ready.
Improved server lists and crashing associated with multiplayer.
Reduced the overall number of bots in Crossfire.

Balance Changes

Decreased the amount of damage a Firebase takes while it’s deploying.
Decreased the recovery time of level 2 and 3 Airstrike.

Monday Night Combat Product Update 1 12/19/10

Fixes

Fixed sensitivity sliders so that the minimum value is no longer 0.
Fixed the actions in the death scene to be rebindable.
Fixed several crashes at the end of Blitz rounds.
Fixed wrong Challenge Names showing up when browsing for a Blitz game.
Fixed the Server Browser map filter and set the default to “All”.
Fixed getting ‘cash on hand’ back after purchasing a custom class.
Fixed a crash on dedicated servers.
Fixed Chat and Team Chat

Adjustments

Refactored the code that displays player counts in the Server Browser.
Changed some UI text size for higher resolutions.
Changed the Server Browser tabs to be more legible.
Changed the Server Browser to default to ‘Internet’.

Balance Changes

Increased the amount of bots spawn for some pros that purchase bots at a bot spawner.
Reduced the amount of juice Lazer Blazer turrets give to deployed Tanks and taunting Pros.
Increased clip size of Tank’s Rail Gun.

Mighty_marcos
12-18-2010, 07:08 AM
It also re-locked my unlock custom class and reset my key bindings

Coney
12-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Any explanation for the rather large patch size? Because I can't really figure it out from these notes:/ Other than that, good job:)

dormedas
12-18-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm absolutely astounded, Uber. This was all in a day's work? I am glad to see you're actively working to make this game not only stable, but better in all ways.

High fives all around at the office, and thanks!

DuckSauce01
12-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Right issues to note that entered or remained after the patch:

Online crossfire(and maybe Blitz) crash a lot, connection problem icon usually shows up, then after a while the whole game crashes, sometimes it just crashes without that, after which the server is still there... but now full with a sad sauce not in it.

* Refactored the code that displays player counts in the Server Browser.

Still seen some cases of - open slots, highest(or lowest) I've seen was... -4 I think, so nothing as crazy as before.

Other issues:
- Certain tags got removed(tutorial completion, singleplayer blitz completions)
- Unlocked custom classes got locked again(with no refund of cash)
- All keys got reset.
- Some servers you can't even try to connect to, it immediatly gives an error window, after which you're back in the server browser(instead of main menu), the map filter seems to change(but the same results still show on the browser) and clicking another server to join will do nothing and disables the join button until you exit the browser and go back in.

Don't take this negatively, you guys have done great to try and come up with improvements.

Kallyx
12-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Everything's been going better since patch and I'm amazed at what you guys have able to do in so little time. Good job. :)

Stimulatedmonke
12-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Awesome! This gives me high hopes! Once the engine is running 100% and it's a 100% "PC game" if you will, hopefully they will focusing on balancing for us PC users, since we're more used to the tactical side of things, not invisible units running up and 1 hitting us :p

Fry40
12-18-2010, 07:54 AM
Unfortunately with this patch now I can't even play the game at all without it crashing or telling me I have a connection problem. (Was working perfectly fine before) :(

LinXitoW
12-18-2010, 08:10 AM
After this patch, i keep freezing up and shortly after the game/server crashes. Can we have the old version back?

Ekanaut
12-18-2010, 08:12 AM
Can you try 'delete local content' in Steam and redownload?

Mikerrrrr
12-18-2010, 08:42 AM
@Ekanaut:

I also started having crashes after the first patch. Attempting to start a single-player Blitz match or joining a multiplayer server results in MNC.exe stopped working. Also, the server browser appears to be unresponsive -- the Join button is greyed out, even when there are supposedly 11 open slots on the server. Speaking of which, can we change the "open slots" to "player count" and have it be a number out of twelve?

I just deleted the game's local content, and also deleted the .ini files in My Docs\My Games\UnrealEngine3. I'll report back with results

EDIT: I could play a single-player Blitz match just fine, but the server browser is still unresponsive, so I couldn't actually join a multiplayer game. I also have a 360 controller plugged in, which puts the game in 360 mode, even though I'm using a mouse and keyboard. The controller even vibrates when I'm using the m/kb, which is a first. Could you include a toggle, a la Valve's Source games?

Also, I can upload a dxdiag or anything else if that would help.

Levi
12-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Unfortunately with this patch now I can't even play the game at all without it crashing or telling me I have a connection problem. (Was working perfectly fine before) :(

I'm also having this problem. (But at least I can join servers now! :) )

LinXitoW
12-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Deleted local content and redownloaded. Still having the problem that 5 minutes into the game, i freeze, Keyboard doesnt work, all i can do is look around. Then, about a minute later, the whole game crashes for everybody(since im the host).

ShTuPm
12-18-2010, 09:28 AM
They game won't start after the patch. Visual C++ Runtime Error and then it follows up with mnc.exe has stopped working error. Deleting local content ain't so nice. So theres no other way it seems?

FrontlinerDelta
12-18-2010, 11:48 AM
After patch all servers I can't connect to and the server browser crashes the game about 1/2 the time I open it.

ShTuPm
12-18-2010, 12:16 PM
After the patch i had to redownload the game. Once i've done that, i could not connect to my own server. Almoust 9/10 times it's "mnc.exe has stopped working" for me. The only way to fix this is to restart steam. After i've done that, i can connect to my own server only once. Then, if i quit or something else happens, it's mnc.exe has stopped working a-a-all over again.

Also, it's like 50% that the server will say that i've lost connection to it, even though i'm the one hosting it and i can't move, open the menu and then the game hangs for a while, then it drops me to the main menu.

My buddy has the same issue, only when i get "mnc.exe has stopped working" thingy, his PC hangs completely. (His spec: AMD Phenom 9550 2,2GHZ, 3GB ddr2 Radeon HD5770; My spec: Core i7-960, 4gb DDR3, Nvidia GTX480).

His system also randomly hangs from time to time since the patch. It can occur in the menu, in Blitz lobby, in Crossfire lobby, during the game, when the round ends...Well, literally, absolutely randomly.

Wargod
12-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Deleted local content and redownloaded. Still having the problem that 5 minutes into the game, i freeze, Keyboard doesnt work, all i can do is look around. Then, about a minute later, the whole game crashes for everybody(since im the host).

can confirm that.

same goes for me.

DestinedCruz
12-18-2010, 12:18 PM
The game is considerably less stable since the update, and Data Execution Prevention keeps force closing the game within 5-10 minutes of the game being open every time.

lionsy
12-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Can't really play since the patch - Crashes in single player, crashes after joining a server - It was mostly fine before

are there any logs that'd be helpful to you?

Ekanaut
12-18-2010, 02:23 PM
We're testing out a new build right now

DragonAsh2007
12-18-2010, 03:13 PM
We're testing out a new build right now

lol cool

cause while i wasnt getting any errors b4 the new patch, I am now getting an mmc.exe error at random.

Also, i dont think many servers are being shown - along with mine.
I need to friend a few beta testers to see if they can see my server

Reksel
12-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Are you going to fix the sound issue, about the 7.1 or whatever the reason is? Because I can't get any sound, when I play ):

AwsmStar
12-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Nice to see the devs working on this through the day, any ETA on the patch? Thanks :-)

Edit: 38 byte update after verifying the files, how strange!

darklaw
12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Ehhh can't wait :D i wanna playy

Nacho21
12-18-2010, 05:48 PM
ANy news on a possible sound fix? I really want to play the game but without sound its kinda hard to enjoy it. I have the razer megalodon headphones. I dont mind waiting I just would like to know if a fix is coming.

ShTuPm
12-19-2010, 05:38 AM
Soo...just to summ up, the game is still a crashfest and dedicated server hangs every 5-10 minutes atm?

BlueTrin
12-19-2010, 07:16 AM
Yeah I guess there is no point trying now ... Wait for the patch

Swainy
12-19-2010, 08:32 AM
Seems the game keeps crashing for everyone. All the servers i join eventually ends with the host crashing and the server connection loss, which makes me crash unless i promptly exit to the main menu.

Too frustrating to play like that, will await the next patch.

Also i keep getting DEP crashes from time to time.

ShTuPm
12-19-2010, 09:23 AM
I recently played on the server hosted by Ekanaut. My my buddy's pc comepletely hanged twice while i played with no problems at all. And even though my ping was like 255-270, i still managed to pull some headshots on moving targets. Well, except for assasins that is (they move twitchy enough even without lags).

When i try to launch a dedicated server, even when i'm not playing on it, it hangs after around 10 minutes of gameplay. If i host a listen server, it's laggy for everyone except me and eventually my character freeze in place and keyboard input does not working, except for a weapon switch. Shortly after that, "mnc.exe has stopped working" follows and that's it. So, to summ up my expirience, the only way for me to play right now is to try my luck on a random server and hope theres no terrible lags. It;s a good thing you guys decided to run a beta like this. It's better to rule out such stuff on a stage like this.

Magi Kavin
12-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Awesome update, 12/21. Decreased damage on Firebase while deploying? Win. And now I can finally play Blitz servers. ;P

Biz!
12-22-2010, 05:03 PM
My game won't even launch.

Is this happening for everybody else?

Ekanaut
12-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Biz,

Take a look at the first post in this thread http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1654598

dragonuminator
12-23-2010, 01:16 AM
I've never seen problems that the community mentioned like the sound and the admin features get patched in this fast, not even in betas. You've got yourself a fan Uber!

Pengo
12-23-2010, 01:31 AM
Wow!! Awesome job with the updates! I'm glad I purchased this game. It's definitely worth it.

Luke874
12-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Decreased the amount of damage a Firebase takes while it’s deploying.
Decreased the recovery time of level 2 and 3 Airstrike

Seriously? Supports deploy firebases EVERYWHERE, it can be hard enough to take them out with the support and his bloody shotgun. That's just bad news.

Airstrikes seem to be hitting every second from one support, if anything it should be slowed down

ShTuPm
12-23-2010, 04:26 AM
Airstrikes seem to be hitting every second from one support, if anything it should be slowed down

Totally. This crap is annoying enough and now it will annoy the hell out of you even more often. Thanks!

Freyar
12-23-2010, 04:49 AM
I got a video recorded post-patch here, and I feel like the airstrikes aren't available as often as they used to be. Could be my endorsements possibly, I'm still putzing around with them.

kikinchaz
12-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Great work with the continous updates guys but is there anyway minor balance changes don't require us to download a full gigs worth of content? For us on download limits its pretty annoying.

Freyar
12-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Great work with the continous updates guys but is there anyway minor balance changes don't require us to download a full gigs worth of content? For us on download limits its pretty annoying.

There seemed to be a lot of server stuff changed too on top of everything else. There's going to be a lot of traffic when it comes to testing builds, it stands to reason that there will be a lot changed in a short period of time.

shane3x
12-23-2010, 05:38 AM
It would be nice if the dev team did those patch reports like Blizzard does so we can get a sense of what they are trying to achieve and their reasoning with each change such as changes to numbers and whatnot.

scurvy
12-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Kudos to the dev team on the update progress so far. I want to see this game succeed and it's great to see that you guys are pouring dev hours into it during the beta.

Silly question, perhaps, but is your office closed next week for the holiday? Just curious if we can expect to see these great beta updates on the same 1-2 day schedule that you're doing so far.

ShTuPm
01-10-2011, 11:35 AM
so okay, i have a question regarding the autobalance thingy. So, if i'm playing with my friend and we've decided to join the same team in the lobby with the auto-balance feature turned on, we still may be dropped to different teams before match begins? If so, then what's the point of team choosing?

Ekanaut
01-10-2011, 11:53 AM
Auto-balancing can be turned off on a server and so can Team choosing.

ShTuPm
01-10-2011, 02:58 PM
So just to make it clear - those options are pretty much mutually exclusive?

Also, theres still no system that drops players from one team to another DURING the match, like in situations when you play 6x4 or 4x2, etc? It's just that i've seen such "sets" on my server. Lucky for me, more players joined in and "fixed" that.

madcap
01-10-2011, 03:51 PM
So just to make it clear - those options are pretty much mutually exclusive?

Also, theres still no system that drops players from one team to another DURING the match, like in situations when you play 6x4 or 4x2, etc? It's just that i've seen such "sets" on my server. Lucky for me, more players joined in and "fixed" that.

It's still possible to change teams during a match with the changeteam console command.

So you can switch, but you can't force others to switch to even out the teams.

HeavyTank
01-22-2011, 02:10 AM
Most importantly..WILL I GET ALL MY STATS BACK?
You said that you're "testing the launch", but does that mean that it's only temporary?
I hope that 60 hours of play won't get thrown out the window :<

TormDK
01-22-2011, 04:03 AM
Most importantly..WILL I GET ALL MY STATS BACK?
You said that you're "testing the launch", but does that mean that it's only temporary?
I hope that 60 hours of play won't get thrown out the window :<

It will, all stats are reset on monday when the game is released.

HeavyTank
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Way to thank us for buying the game early :C

thezeronumber
01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
You get 10% off and are able to get some practice/experience in before the official release. I think that is reason enough to buy the game early! Anyway, being Beta and all, i think a reset should be expected regardless of the game.