PDA

View Full Version : Impossible to get my server listed?

DragonAsh2007
12-18-2010, 07:40 PM
I've seen some people complain about it as well, but I just cant seem to get my server to show up on the list.

fowarded all proper ports
even turned off windows firewall just in case that was messing with it.

I'm even running the new EXE file that Ekanaut graciously gave me to fix the crashing.

Still nothing.
Anyone have any ideas?

Photonic
12-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Make sure that every possible firewall is disabled on your PC as well. Also make sure you are not using some sort of software like PeerBlock or BlockList.

Also, as lame as it sounds, try directly connecting your PC to your modem, if that is possible. If not, attempt to set your hosting PC as DMZ host (just for testing, because you should remove it after).

Finally, check your steam files integrity. Right click your game in the library and select properties. Game Files tab, check game files integrity.

If none of that works, please post again with an update.

DragonAsh2007
12-19-2010, 09:06 AM
yeah, already did all that sans the removal of the router. I refuse to do that because I shouldnt have to anyway. Especially when games like L4D and MW2 work perfectly.

Besides, I'm running dd-wrt on my router, so i have some advanced settings as well.

Photonic
12-19-2010, 05:31 PM
hah, it is only a test to see what is causing the problems. Hmm, if none of those are causing it though, I am not 100% sure of what it could be.

I ran a test and all 5 of my home PCs show up, as well as my work PC.

What ISP do you use?

racquemis
12-20-2010, 04:05 AM
try forwarding the entire range 7777-27015, maybe yiu missed a port in between.

mincak
12-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Does anyone have the problem, you join a game and then 10-15s later they lag out?

I setup a server. I know it's working. My friends are playing on it! But this above problem happens to me every time.

shane3x
12-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Does anyone have the problem, you join a game and then 10-15s later they lag out?

I setup a server. I know it's working. My friends are playing on it! But this above problem happens to me every time.

Would you happen to be the guy who was hosting the server named Western Australia a short while ago?

mincak
12-20-2010, 07:47 AM
Yes

Was it ok for you?

DragonAsh2007
12-20-2010, 09:10 AM
update:
well, everything worked when my router wasnt connected. I even DMZ'ed my IP and that didnt work. Dont know what the cause is, but it might be a forwarding issue with the software im running on my router. Who knows. But it doesnt matter anymore since it seems more people are putting on better servers now.