PDA

View Full Version : Remove crosshairs on all weapons unless scoped. Create iron sights.

Killington
12-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Humor me for a second here. Turn off your center dot or your dynamic crosshair so that your screen is blank at the center. Play Counter Strike: Source with no aiming aids. Come back here.

Wasn't that fun?

At mid to close range I bet it was. At long range I bet it sucked, unless you were using a sniper rifle. To improve long range accuracy without crosshairs I suggest iron sights.

I would love to get rid of crosshairs that aren't on scoped weapons. They aren't very realistic at any range.

I think having the option to go only by intuition for spraying and praying and having iron sights for planned shots is the way to go to improve the gameplay of counter strike: source. I definitely have more fun paying attention to where my bullet spray is going against walls behind my opponent to correct my aim instead of looking at that dishonest crosshair all day.

I get jarateed off when the crosshair says I should be hitting my target, but my spread disagrees. Removing the crosshair makes the game more realistic, increases the skill ceiling, and is just damn fun.

I await the haters to come in this thread, not try playing without the crosshair, and then saying that my idea is stupid and that they want to play 1.6 while sucking on mommy's ♥♥♥.

Hopefully some other people have fun playing without the crosshair too and see the value in it.

DeepII
12-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Oh boy it's getting ridiculous now.

Go play cod or some other ♥♥♥♥. Iron sights is the most stupid thing in FPS games ever. It just takes out all speed of the game and makes it even more random at close distance.

kriminalac
12-19-2010, 08:22 AM
i do hate that cross hair on the screen,it just ruins the illusion.

BUT you have crosshairs in all the game even if they have the iron sights,if you would remove the ch then people would put something on the screen to mark where the center is.
only solution i can think of would be not to be able to shoot from hip.BUT then sniper would be ruined completely,even now in games with iron sight where they can shoot from the hip they make the sniper scope slow,imagine what they would do if you could only shot if you aim with iron sight
another problem is that in all the games i have seen iron sights suck.they block your view and you cant see at what you are shooting at
still i dont care all i want is the sniper scope to be like in cs 1.6 and they can do to ar and smg what ever they want

md3
12-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Stop trying to make cs not cs

Linkin93
12-19-2010, 10:42 AM

go play COD if you want a spamfest

aker
12-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Yeah, sure! the community will support this. -.-

tip: Insurgency

skoops
12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Don't people realise it requires a lot more skill to kill of a enemy at long to medium range usng the crosshair.Iron sites just makes things way to easy.

Stick to COD f you cant cope with the high skilled fist person shooters.

Teddychen
12-19-2010, 04:59 PM
You're serious?^^

Ofc it's fun playing without CH.
But IF YOU WANT TO PLAY FOR FUN.

Otherwise it's just killing your nerves.
If you like it so much, turn your CH off.
But you know something like your idea won't ever happen. And so do we.

Edit:
Plus, wheres the problem to make a point on your screen with a pen? Huge advantage then to other players, so it's not even possible.

Christian9872
12-19-2010, 05:04 PM
No game with iron sights will ever be competitive, ever.

nocebo
12-19-2010, 08:35 PM
the lack of ironsights is the biggest advantage this game has.

Killington
12-19-2010, 09:02 PM
i do hate that cross hair on the screen,it just ruins the illusion.

BUT you have crosshairs in all the game even if they have the iron sights,if you would remove the ch then people would put something on the screen to mark where the center is.

I actually aim better at close to mid rage without the crosshair/dot do it doesn't bother me if people want to put their dot on their monitor or even just use our current crosshair system. I like playing the more realistic way.

Thanks for commenting.

Killington
12-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Considering that absolutely no one in this thread besides maybe krim tried NOT using the crosshair. I ignored all of your comments.

Hector El Fathe
12-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Do you realize kriminalac is vjesnik, a known troll that has 4 banned accounts under his belt in just a month? You must feel special when a blatant troll is the only one to agree with you.

Killington
12-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Do you realize kriminalac is vjesnik, a known troll that has 4 banned accounts under his belt in just a month? You must feel special when a blatant troll is the only one to agree with you.

Do you realize he was the only one open to a new idea while everyone else sits on their high horse talking about Call of Duty and noobs? Since when do iron sights = Call of Duty? I'm pretty sure iron sights existed long before Call of Duty. They are in Day of Defeat: Source, The Battlefield Franchise, Crysis, do I really have to google a list and post all of the games that have iron sights that aren't Call of Duty? No, I don't. You people are too concerned about what Call of Duty does. Counter Strike will never be Call of Duty.

Also (not replying to hector) iron sights don't have to be any more accurate than crosshairs they can simply be a guideline for taking shots at long distances, which would be required if the crosshair was turned off. I would love to look down the sights of an m4 in Counter Strike: Source and line up a shot. I would feel like a boss. If anyone knows a mod that creates iron sights, I would be happy to try it out.

I'm a little surprised that so few can see the benefit of this sort of gameplay. The crosshair stuff is kinda arcadey like Quake 3 or something. I look at that Counter Terrorist on the front cover of Counter Strike, and I think that guy is a tactical SOB mother "f"er looks down his iron sights and lines up the headshots and just beasts the competition. Instead he is just looking at the meager support for this thread, and saying, "Son, I am disappoint."

hl3_exe
12-19-2010, 11:17 PM
I would love to look down the sights of an m4 in Counter Strike: Source and line up a shot.

COD is the game you're looking for. It's all there waiting for you. The ironsight zoom and the WASDA 100% accuracy norecoil ironsight gameplay. IT'S IN COD GO PLAY IT!

rainman_1337
12-19-2010, 11:38 PM

Then go play COD for crying out loud!

Darkshadow0202
12-20-2010, 12:29 AM
There is no mod for iron sights, but I did found something that you are looking for, you should try it out. Its an M4 skin that I found and when you press the right mouse button, instead of being a silencer, it would be the iron sight.
Here is the link: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/94289

If you didn't understand what I said, there is a video of what am talking about in the link I just provided.

Maybe you should look deeper in the website and see if you can find iron sights on other weapons (AK47). I doubt you will find anything beside for the M4 but still worth a shot though.

The last update which is:
Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Improved sv_pure:
Materials / Models / Sounds / Animations are more comprehensively protected.

I don't know if something will happen by using this skin, because iron sight never were in css.

PLAction
12-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Do you realize he was the only one open to a new idea while everyone else sits on their high horse talking about Call of Duty and noobs? Since when do iron sights = Call of Duty? I'm pretty sure iron sights existed long before Call of Duty. They are in Day of Defeat: Source, The Battlefield Franchise, Crysis, do I really have to google a list and post all of the games that have iron sights that aren't Call of Duty? No, I don't. You people are too concerned about what Call of Duty does. Counter Strike will never be Call of Duty.

Also (not replying to hector) iron sights don't have to be any more accurate than crosshairs they can simply be a guideline for taking shots at long distances, which would be required if the crosshair was turned off. I would love to look down the sights of an m4 in Counter Strike: Source and line up a shot. I would feel like a boss. If anyone knows a mod that creates iron sights, I would be happy to try it out.

I'm a little surprised that so few can see the benefit of this sort of gameplay. The crosshair stuff is kinda arcadey like Quake 3 or something. I look at that Counter Terrorist on the front cover of Counter Strike, and I think that guy is a tactical SOB mother "f"er looks down his iron sights and lines up the headshots and just beasts the competition. Instead he is just looking at the meager support for this thread, and saying, "Son, I am disappoint."

Iron sights have zero to do with gameplay, they are called a feature. Anyhow, it's clear you're not good at CS:S now and wouldn't be any better with iron sights, the the tips to go play CoD are well justified.

So few of us see the benefit because many of the "so few" have played games with iron sights, and they do nothing for the game but add a new animation. What makes a game more badass is the level of skill it takes to play, which no other series but CS can offer.

Mathias#
12-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Then go play COD for crying out loud!

The LACK Of ironsights..

read next time.

Jinoruizraged
12-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Wow, OP must not have the best eyesight. I seem to do just fine getting people from A to pit on Dust 2 with an M4 or AK. :p

Killington
12-20-2010, 06:02 PM
Here we go, I want something like this, just not in Gary's mod. Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVsOFDzVus

Killington
12-20-2010, 06:05 PM
There is no mod for iron sights, but I did found something that you are looking for, you should try it out. Its an M4 skin that I found and when you press the right mouse button, instead of being a silencer, it would be the iron sight.
Here is the link: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/94289

If you didn't understand what I said, there is a video of what am talking about in the link I just provided.

Maybe you should look deeper in the website and see if you can find iron sights on other weapons (AK47). I doubt you will find anything beside for the M4 but still worth a shot though.

The last update which is:
Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2, HL2:DM)
Improved sv_pure:
Materials / Models / Sounds / Animations are more comprehensively protected.

I don't know if something will happen by using this skin, because iron sight never were in css.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'll see if the gameplay is better with this and no crosshair.

Linkin93
12-20-2010, 06:12 PM
If you want iron sights use custom skins that have them. or play cod...

Killington
12-20-2010, 06:16 PM
Wow, OP must not have the best eyesight. I seem to do just fine getting people from A to pit on Dust 2 with an M4 or AK. :p

For being a 5 star commentator you didn't read my original post thoroughly. Let me make this simple for everyone in this thread who is confused:

1) Disable your crosshair/aiming dot in Counter Strike: Source.
2) Play the game without any aiming aids.
3) Try to shoot enemies at a distance
4) Realize without a crosshair or dot you can't aim very well at all unless you are using a sniper rifle.
5) Realize that having iron sights would make playing without a crosshair/dot possible at long range and up the realism of Counter Strike: Source by allowing players to disable their crosshair.
6) Realize it is super fun and realistic to play without crosshairs/aiming dots at short to medium range while not using iron sights.

There ya go. Give that a try people. It really is a lot of fun.

PLAction
12-21-2010, 03:01 AM
For being a 5 star commentator you didn't read my original post thoroughly. Let me make this simple for everyone in this thread who is confused:

4) Realize without a crosshair or dot you can't aim very well at all unless you are using a sniper rifle.
5) Realize that having iron sights would make playing without a crosshair/dot possible at long range and up the realism of Counter Strike: Source by allowing players to disable their crosshair.
6) Realize it is super fun and realistic to play without crosshairs/aiming dots at short to medium range while not using iron sights.

Oh yeah it's just a blast playing without a crosshair. It makes me jump up and click my heels every time I do because of the fun factor. Come on now, this game isn't about realism, and with the way recoil works in this game, iron sights would be a pain, and assuming they weren't a pain, they are still 100% not needed in anyway but to please your realism craving self.

Xiao Xiong
12-21-2010, 10:18 AM
No. Just no.

fr0stik
12-21-2010, 12:59 PM
Ironsight's wont happen (thankfully), there's really no point to more argument.

Killington
12-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I don't get why not a lot of people are into iron sights. Did iron sights and realism ♥♥♥♥ your mothers? Crosshairs are and have been outdated for awhile now. Why can't you just admit that they are clearly inferior for a tactical shooter with Counter Terrorists on the cover who are clearly aiming down iron sights?

Killington
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Reposting:

Here we go, I want something like this, just not in Gary's mod. Check it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCVsOFDzVus

Hector El Fathe
12-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Insulting other users simply because they oppose to your idea will just worsen this thread so I'd stop and leave if I were you. Your request is far from being reasonable considering the game's core gameplay revolves around the crosshair (and the lack of iron sights) therefore it will never happen. Even if Valve were to develop a new counter-strike themed game, it wouldn't have iron sights because that feature doesn't belong in counter-strike. There are plenty of games with iron sights you can play nowadays so why don't you stop wasting your time in here?

Going by your logic, it wouldn't be crazy if I asked for new maps based on real locations and get rid of the actual maps because it would be more realistic. Or remove the HUD because knowing how much health you have, especially in numbers, isn't realistic at all. We shouldn't know how many bullets we have left in the bullet clip either, because we wouldn't know in real life unless we counted our shots. Oh and we should also limp whenever we get shot in the legs, aim with a single arm when the other one is injured, and crawl on the ground when we are about to die. That would certainly turn CS:S into the best game ever made.

kriminalac
12-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Insulting other users simply because they oppose to your idea will just worsen this thread so I'd stop and leave if I were you. Your request is far from being reasonable considering the game's core gameplay revolves around the crosshair (and the lack of iron sights) therefore it will never happen. Even if Valve were to develop a new counter-strike themed game, it wouldn't have iron sights because that feature doesn't belong in counter-strike. There are plenty of games with iron sights you can play nowadays so why don't you stop wasting your time in here?

Going by your logic, it wouldn't be crazy if I asked for new maps based on real locations and get rid of the actual maps because it would be more realistic. Or remove the HUD because knowing how much health you have, especially in numbers, isn't realistic at all. We shouldn't know how many bullets we have left in the bullet clip either, because we wouldn't know in real life unless we counted our shots. Oh and we should also limp whenever we get shot in the legs, aim with a single arm when the other one is injured, and crawl on the ground when we are about to die. That would certainly turn CS:S into the best game ever made.

Kid,you should really learn to read.Just a friendly advice

Bosanac_Bih
12-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Kid,you should really learn to read.Just a friendly advice

You should really learn to spell,

Let me guess? I'm a kid?

Dark~Horizon
12-22-2010, 11:00 AM
Humor me for a second here

No.

Go play something else scrub.

tsmike
12-22-2010, 12:42 PM
The guns in CS are based on twitch reflexes and the ability to adapt to different recoil patterns. There's no need to have iron sights in the game.

The game isn't supposed to be "realistic". It's supposed to be tactical and fast-paced. Iron sights slow down the pace of the gameplay and encourage camping and "spraying".

Iron sights are good for arcade shooters, but they won't work in a game like CS.

PLAction
12-22-2010, 09:49 PM
Reposting:

Take the advice of others and go play Call of Duty. The recoil in this game does not work with iron sights and would be crappy at long range unless you use CoD style recoil, that is to say none.

Killington
12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
Insulting other users simply because they oppose to your idea will just worsen this thread so I'd stop and leave if I were you.

I didn't insult anyone. But a lot of people in this thread insulted me. Maybe you should leave if you can't see that.

Your request is far from being reasonable considering the game's core gameplay revolves around the crosshair (and the lack of iron sights) therefore it will never happen.

The core gameplay has nothing to do with the crosshair. Disable your crosshair and notice that the game is still playable. The crosshair is just a superficial aiming aid.

Here is the definitive of core I suggest you know what words mean before you use them in a sentence: the central, innermost, or most essential part of anything.

Even if Valve were to develop a new counter-strike themed game, it wouldn't have iron sights because that feature doesn't belong in counter-strike.

Wait what part of Valve do you work for that you can confirm this?

There are plenty of games with iron sights you can play nowadays so why don't you stop wasting your time in here?

I'm wasting my time respond to people with the same mindset as you, yes.

Going by your logic, it wouldn't be crazy if I asked for new maps based on real locations and get rid of the actual maps because it would be more realistic.

What is so crazy about asking about new maps based on real locations? Also I don't mind keeping the crosshair or old maps, but giving players the option to use iron sights and new maps would be nice.

Or remove the HUD because knowing how much health you have, especially in numbers, isn't realistic at all.

People sort of have this intuition about how much health they have we call it pain. Since we don't have real bodies in the game it makes sense to have health points.

We shouldn't know how many bullets we have left in the bullet clip either, because we wouldn't know in real life unless we counted our shots. Oh and we should also limp whenever we get shot in the legs, aim with a single arm when the other one is injured, and crawl on the ground when we are about to die. That would certainly turn CS:S into the best game ever made.

I understand the difference between real life and games. I understand that a lot of shooting games should not be one to one with real life because it would make for a boring game, but adding an option for iron sights would be a real life feature that has proven successful time and time again in video games. It really is a small simple change, and if you don't like using iron sights you could always just not right click.

hl3_exe
12-22-2010, 10:13 PM
The fact that you're not happy with the ironsight model hacks on FPSBanana proves you don't want just the ironsights (which the afforementioned model hacks provide), you also want the ZOOOOOM and the increased accuracy WASDA gameplay that other such games offer. In other words, you want to change the gameplay to fit what you think is more realistic, notwithstanding the fact that the way ironsights are depicted in games is not realistic at all.

So instead of wasting everyone's time here, GO PLAY ANY RECENT GAME RELEASE, THEY ALL HAVE IRONSIGHTS IN THEM!!! But also reflect on why all these ironsight games don't have the popularity and staying-power of the CS frachise.

Killington
12-22-2010, 10:18 PM
The guns in CS are based on twitch reflexes and the ability to adapt to different recoil patterns. There's no need to have iron sights in the game.

I agree there isn't a need to have iron sights in Counter Strike, but I think it would be fun to at least have the option to use them. What is wrong with having a little bit more fun?

You can turn off iron sights if you really wanted to. An easy way to turn off iron sights would be to simply not map the iron sight macro to a button. That way you would have no chance of using them.

The game isn't supposed to be "realistic". It's supposed to be tactical and fast-paced.

I agree the game is suppose to be tactical and fast paced. Iron sights would go more in the tactical area. And tactical implies realism. Fast pace implies arcade style gameplay.

Iron sights slow down the pace of the gameplay and encourage camping and "spraying".

Hmm, iron sights do slow down gameplay very sightly there isn't any denying that, so does scoping in on a sniper rifle, or putting a silencer on a weapon.

Also I don't understand how iron sights would encourage camping or "spraying". They definitely can't do both. And I doubt either would be encouraged.

Iron sights are good for arcade shooters, but they won't work in a game like CS.

Crosshairs are good for arcade fast past shooters like Left 4 Dead (I would never suggest iron sights for Left 4 Dead). Tactical fast pace shooters have some room for iron sights in the tactical part.

Also I would like to say that Counter Strike: Source is a weird game. Usually tactical means slow paced.

Killington
12-22-2010, 10:38 PM
The fact that you're not happy with the ironsight model hacks on FPSBanana proves you don't want just the ironsights

I downloaded an iron sight model hack from FPS banana for the m4. It changed the skin of the weapon which I didn't care for. It was sloppily put together (it turned the silencer function into an iron sight function). And it only provided an iron sight for the one weapon.

Also I'm pretty sure that was the only gun mod that allowed iron sights for any weapon in Counter Strike. The selection is small, one.

You also want the ZOOOOOM and the increased accuracy WASDA gameplay that other such games offer.

When did I say I wanted zoom or increased accuracy or WASDA gameplay? I just want the option to have iron sights. You seem to be implying I'm trying to turn Counter Strike into Quake 3.

In other words, you want to change the gameplay to fit what you think is more realistic

Slightly more realistic yes.

So instead of wasting everyone's time here, GO PLAY ANY RECENT GAME RELEASE, THEY ALL HAVE IRONSIGHTS IN THEM!!! But also reflect on why all these ironsight games don't have the popularity and staying-power of the CS frachise.

I have played recent games and old games. Recent semi realistic shooters have iron sights. Since HPE is updating Counter Strike, why not add the option for them? Also point me to some evidence iron sights make a game have less or more staying power. I'm pretty sure what gives Counter Strike it's staying power is it's gameplay not crosshairs or iron sights.

Killington
12-22-2010, 10:47 PM
The recoil in this game does not work with iron sights and would be crappy at long range unless you use CoD style recoil, that is to say none.

Iron sights are fine at long range in Counter Strike: Source if you burst your shots. They actually encourage more carefully aimed shots at a distance because of the recoil of the weapon in Counter Strike (so yes iron sights in counter strike don't work like iron sights in call of duty but they are way more realistic than Call of Duty).

If the gun is shaking too much, you can't line your opponent up in your iron sights and the bullets aren't accurate under sustained fire. That is how iron sights work in real life, I imagine, and in Counter Strike. I know because I downloaded a mod that added an iron sight to the M4. It is fun and realistic. I like it. I just wish all the guns had iron sights, but no mod for it exists outside of Gary's mod.

hl3_exe
12-22-2010, 10:50 PM
Any weapon that has a secondary function has a model hack. This includes the USP, Glock, Sig, Aug, M4, Famas, etc. That covers most guns used in this game. You'll find the "ironsights" on these hacks come up slower than in other games because they're replacing other animations, but hey the slow speed is more "realistic".

But out of curiosity, why won't you play other games with this function built in? ARMA, BF series and its mods, CoD series, America's Army series, Rainbow Six series, MoH.................. So many to choose from, why keep posting here?

Kyp
12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
I just want the option to have iron sights.

Thread title: Remove crosshairs on all weapons unless scoped. Create iron sights.

I honestly thought this thread was bait.

Anyway the notion of having ironsights in any version of Counter-Strike is absurd. That belongs to CoD, BF and other FPS series that last about 5 minutes before they excrete another one for more $$$. I would say not having an ironsight is more of a feature than having it, because CS is one of the few remaining tactical fps games that lacks looking down the barrel of your gun. And that's part of it's lasting appeal.

If you remove the crosshair, people will just put a dot of blu-tac in the middle of their screen like they did in the original CoD.

I don't approve of this suggestion, am rating this thread 1 star, and won't be returning.

Good day, sir! :D

Quoted for emphasis.

Killington
12-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Any weapon that has a secondary function has a model hack. This includes the USP, Glock, Sig, Aug, M4, Famas, etc. That covers most guns used in this game. You'll find the "ironsights" on these hacks come up slower than in other games because they're replacing other animations, but hey the slow speed is more "realistic".

But out of curiosity, why won't you play other games with this function built in? ARMA, BF series and its mods, CoD series, America's Army series, Rainbow Six series, MoH.................. So many to choose from, why keep posting here?

I do play games with iron sights. I was just playing Crysis yesterday. I prefer it in other games, so why not add it to Counter Strike? It just makes sense to me. It isn't a drastic change or anything, and no one has to use the iron sights if he doesn't want to. He can still hip fire. But for people who would like the option it would be there.

Hector El Fathe
12-22-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm flattered you took the time to disassemble my post in a feeble attempt to invalidate what I think, but I don't feel like explaining the same thing to you twice simply because you are narrow minded and can't process information properly.

I'll make things as simple as possible for you, and no, I do not work for Valve, I just happen to be well informed and am very realistic about how things work: Hidden Path Entertainment, the company responsible for updating CS:S, stated that they wouldn't be doing core gameplay changes (If you think removing the "superficial aiming aid" that has been in Counter-Strike since 1999 doesn't fall under core gameplay changes, you should read the definition of "core" until you understand it) so your request will be ignored. Now please, stop wasting my time and try to enjoy playing without crosshairs and that M4A1 iron sight model.

Killington
12-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Thread title: Remove crosshairs on all weapons unless scoped. Create iron sights.

I honestly thought this thread was bait.

I can understand by the title I made that it may seem like I want to get rid of crosshairs completely, but I don't want that. I'm perfectly fine with keeping crosshairs for the people who prefer them. I just want to allow iron sights as an option for people who would rather not use crosshairs.

Anyway the notion of having ironsights in any version of Counter-Strike is absurd. That belongs to CoD, BF and other FPS series that last about 5 minutes before they excrete another one for more $$$.

Huh? What is absurd about iron sights? Are you implying Counter Strike 2 would come out if Counter Strike: Source got iron sights? If so, give me some iron sights...! I'd love a sequel!

I would say not having an ironsight is more of a feature than having it, because CS is one of the few remaining tactical fps games that lacks looking down the barrel of your gun. And that's part of it's lasting appeal. You said it yourself one of the few that lacks it. It would be nice to update the game to current times.

If you remove the crosshair, people will just put a dot of blu-tac in the middle of their screen like they did in the original CoD. They don't need to do that. Again I don't mind having the option for crosshairs.

I don't approve of this suggestion, am rating this thread 1 star, and won't be returning.

Good day, sir! :D

Good day to you to. Thanks for your input.

Killington
12-22-2010, 11:50 PM
I'm flattered you took the time to disassemble my post in a feeble attempt to invalidate what I think

lol, I did that because you were troll posting and you still are. But that is okay. I understand that you and many of the people replying to my thread are afraid that I'm trying to turn Counter Strike into Call of Duty, and I understand that it makes you feel uncomfortable because Call of Duty is more popular and successful than Counter Strike. It makes me uncomfortable too. But I would just like to say that Counter Strike will still be Counter Strike with optional iron sights.

fr0stik
12-23-2010, 04:21 AM
Killington you argue this as if there were a possibility of it occuring.

Dark~Horizon
12-23-2010, 04:56 AM

Oh, SNAP.

Seriously deluded, isn't he?

Slightly off topic, Red Orchestra (+KF I guess) is the only game I play with ironsights and it's fantastic. Nothing like cs. There are so many things that must go along with IS for them to really work properly (like realism).

CS is special, why do idiots always want to make it generic? (Insert speculation as to skill of OP? Well warranted probably...)

Killington
12-23-2010, 05:09 AM

Why isn't it possible? It has already been done in Gary's mod. It is very possible. A lot of the forum dwellers are against it, but that is because they have knee jerk reactions to these sort of things.

Killington
12-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh, SNAP.

Seriously deluded, isn't he?

CS is special, why do idiots always want to make it generic? (Insert speculation as to skill of OP? Well warranted probably...)

How does adding iron sights make Counter Strike generic? You are the deluded one if you think that.

And if you want to play me in Counter Strike to test my skill just PM me or w/e.

DeepII
12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
[...]
because Call of Duty is more popular and successful than Counter Strike.
[...]
lol'd
Now it's obvious that you're a very bad troll.

Killington
12-23-2010, 06:45 AM
lol'd
Now it's obvious that you're a very bad troll.

How do you measure multiplayer success of a video game? I would imagine it would be a mix of the amount of players, the amount of money people are willing to pay for the game, the amount of people that know about the game.

Go to any classroom in a first world country and ask how many people have played, heard, spent, on call of duty and how many for counter strike. I think you are in for a surprise around 9 out of 10 times. And it is Valve's fault. I'm glad they have a beta to at least do something for this huge fan base.

DeepII
12-23-2010, 08:10 AM
How do you measure multiplayer success of a video game? I would imagine it would be a mix of the amount of players, the amount of money people are willing to pay for the game, the amount of people that know about the game.

Go to any classroom in a first world country and ask how many people have played, heard, spent, on call of duty and how many for counter strike. I think you are in for a surprise around 9 out of 10 times. And it is Valve's fault. I'm glad they have a beta to at least do something for this huge fan base.
It's because you can play CoD on consoles too, so of course it has more people who have played it already. But, let's be honest, FPS on consoles suck.
So basically you have to ask who played CSS or CoD on PC. CSS is going to win. Always.

Killington
12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
It's because you can play CoD on consoles too, so of course it has more people who have played it already. But, let's be honest, FPS on consoles suck.
So basically you have to ask who played CSS or CoD on PC. CSS is going to win. Always.

I admit that I don't like playing FPS on a consoles. Now as for most popular PC FPS it is either CoD 4 or Counter Strike: Source. The nice thing about Counter Strike: Source is that it still gets updates and CoD 4 has been left 4 dead. NOW LET'S HOPE FOR SOME UPDATES THAT AREN'T FROM 1.6, AREN'T HATS, AND AREN'T ALL BUG FIXES! But I'm pretty sure the community doesn't want any actual updates.

Dark~Horizon
12-23-2010, 12:02 PM
How does adding iron sights make Counter Strike generic? You are the deluded one if you think that.

And if you want to play me in Counter Strike to test my skill just PM me or w/e.

Because all the mainstream fps games (all shallow compared to cs) go for ironsights. They're a substitute for actual depth (and aren't even realistic either, you want realistic IS go play Red Orchestra - it's basically your only option).

CS is about seeing a few pixels of someone's head and instantly blowing it off with a reflex shot, not clicking mouse2 to get your accuracy boost and then firing. How do you think recoil/spraying (a massive aspect of cs gameplay) would work with ironsights? Completely incompatible. CS is an arcade shooter, the best of the best in its class. Go elsewhere for noob features. (Try insmod. Stupid easy to "noscope" at close/medium range, stupid easy to control the laughable recoil (there isn't any) when your IS are up. Could be the game for you...)

Your wish is so ill conceived I'm starting to think you're just trolling us all.

lol. 1v1 cs_office yE?

/exits thread

Killington
12-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Because all the mainstream fps games (all shallow compared to cs) go for ironsights.

Adding iron sights does not make CS more shallow. It may make it a bit more similar to recent shooters, but not more shallow.

CS is about seeing a few pixels of someone's head and instantly blowing it off with a reflex shot, not clicking mouse2 to get your accuracy boost and then firing.

When did I ever mention accuracy boosting? If I disable crosshairs and fire at people from a distance it is really hard to kill things. I proposed iron sights to make aiming at a distance without a crosshair possible. Would you read my posts and stop making assumptions?

How do you think recoil/spraying (a massive aspect of cs gameplay) would work with ironsights? Completely incompatible.

How do I think recoil/spraying would work with iron sights?? I don't need to think about it. I tried it out with a weapon mod that added iron sights to the M4. Recoil/spraying working exactly the same with iron sights as it did with crosshairs. I didn't suggest that Hidden Path change recoil and spraying. I suggested that they add iron sights. Again, read my posts.

CS is an arcade shooter, the best of the best in its class. Go elsewhere for noob features.

I wouldn't call CS:S an arcade shooter. I would call it a semi-realistic tactical shooter with a twitch element. I would call Quake 3 a twitchy arcade shooter. Really I can't argue opinions of what style of shooter Counter Strike: Source is. We should ask Valve about that one. But it is obviously suppose to be semi-realistic just by looking at the graphics. Also iron sights do not imply noob.

Your wish is so ill conceived I'm starting to think you're just trolling us all.

lol. 1v1 cs_office yE?

Oh wait, who is the troll, you are.

/exits thread
Thank god, don't come back until you are willing to read, think of a fully mature response, and stop making knee jerk assumptions.

...I'm pretty sure any commentators with 4 stars or higher have troll dyslexia...

PLAction
12-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Killington is reppin that n00b style

Hector El Fathe
12-24-2010, 12:26 AM
You're easily the most annoying user I've ever tried to reason with due to the simple fact that you're not a troll; you actually mean everything you say.

I'll make things as simple as possible for you, and no, I do not work for Valve, I just happen to be well informed and am very realistic about how things work: Hidden Path Entertainment, the company responsible for updating CS:S, stated that they wouldn't be doing core gameplay changes (If you think removing the "superficial aiming aid" that has been in Counter-Strike since 1999 doesn't fall under core gameplay changes, you should read the definition of "core" until you understand it) so your request will be ignored. Now please, stop wasting my time and try to enjoy playing without crosshairs and that M4A1 iron sight model.

Read the enormous letters I politely highlighted until it penetrates the walls of denial that heavily guard your iron sight obsessed mind.

I can also add that nobody agrees with you, not a single person, and a change of this magnitude would require, at minimum, a legion of supporters in order to be considered even slightly probable. Your request is selfish and has zero support from this community, a fact that urges me sum up your behavior in a brief quote:

I want to be able to command air strikes because many modern games allow me to do so!
I want to be able to recover health points by hiding behind bins of trash in the middle of a firefight!
I want to be able to disguise myself as the enemy because it seems fun!

I will ignore, deny or attempt to invalidate anyone who opposes my request because I am selfish! All of you are wrong and I am right because I say so!

-Killington

BullDoser
12-24-2010, 12:52 AM
I agree with Killington and want iron sights right now!......Pause......NOT!

Killington
12-24-2010, 01:05 AM
You're easily the most annoying user I've ever tried to reason with due to the simple fact that you're not a troll; you actually mean everything you say.

I do mean what I say.

I don't believe adding optional iron sights is a CORE gameplay change as I said before.

Link me to the article that says what Hidden Path is suppose to be doing with Counter Strike that you are referring to or maybe Geodus can clear it up.

I agree there isn't much support on the forums probably because most of people refuse understand how little will change with optional iron sights added, are very stubborn about any type of change to Counter Strike, and think adding sights is some major gameplay mechanic changer rather than just a graphical one.

OneWithTheForce
12-24-2010, 05:03 AM
I do mean what I say.

I don't believe adding optional iron sights is a CORE gameplay change as I said before.

Link me to the article that says what Hidden Path is suppose to be doing with Counter Strike that you are referring to or maybe Geodus can clear it up.

I agree there isn't much support on the forums probably because most of people refuse understand how little will change with optional iron sights added, are very stubborn about any type of change to Counter Strike, and think adding sights is some major gameplay mechanic changer rather than just a graphical one.

stop fighting , get out go play any other games that are made for players like you ( slow hand player) . ok? css is about competive gameplay .

Killington
12-24-2010, 06:54 AM
stop fighting , get out go play any other games that are made for players like you ( slow hand player) . ok? css is about competive gameplay .

What is a slow hand player?

CS:S is about competitive gameplay?

Yes, it is? I don't really have a response to that because it doesn't really relate to iron sights.

OneWithTheForce
12-24-2010, 07:46 AM
What is a slow hand player?

CS:S is about competitive gameplay?

Yes, it is? I don't really have a response to that because it doesn't really relate to iron sights.

/FACEPALM , Because expressing how dumb that was in words just doesn't work.

adrian2020
12-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Makes sense what your saying :)

Darkshadow0202
12-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Lets say iron sights were added to css. Its takes a second or two for iron sights to get ready, but every second count and you will die against a pro within theses seconds. After that, people are going to come to the forums and complain about the iron sights being so useless because you will die before using it.
Look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwsQhboTPc
Watch from 1:02 - 1:13 and you will get the idea of firing after couple of seconds.

Your best bet is using css skin with iron sights, other then that, write to Santa.

Jinoruizraged
12-24-2010, 05:04 PM

By aiming aid you mean crosshair right? well, that's not really a problem for people who subconsciously know where the center of their screen is. Iron sights wouldn't add much and aren't that realistic imo.

You don't raise the gun to your chin your lower your eyes to the gun except with pistols of course. :p

I can play at long range just fine without ironsights, Crosshair does just fine.

IMO, Ironsights just distract.

Jinoruizraged
12-25-2010, 09:49 AM
I was discussing this with my dad who's a been playing since it was just a mod for HL1.

Ironsights really are pointless because you are already basically have the gun raised to the best aim possible. You don't need an indicator of that.

Killington
12-26-2010, 03:23 AM
Lets say iron sights were added to css. Its takes a second or two for iron sights to get ready, but every second count and you will die against a pro within theses seconds.

Well, just don't map the iron sight macro to a key and you can play Counter Strike normally.

After that, people are going to come to the forums and complain about the iron sights being so useless because you will die before using it.

If there is an option to simply not use iron sights no one will complain. I imagine some servers would force iron sights only and others would for crosshairs only. It would be quite interesting.

Look at this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwsQhboTPc
Watch from 1:02 - 1:13 and you will get the idea of firing after couple of seconds.

What I notice is that the bullets from his gun are able to fire as he is transitioning to his iron sights, which eliminated the time delay of firing.

Your best bet is using css skin with iron sights, other then that, write to Santa.

There is only one skin with iron sights otherwise I would :/

Killington
12-26-2010, 03:35 AM
By aiming aid you mean crosshair right?

Yep, yep.

Well, that's not really a problem for people who subconsciously know where the center of their screen is.

Exactly, it isn't a problem. I enjoy it because I stare at where the bullets are hitting, kicking out dust, if the enemy is standing near a wall. It is kinda cool. And I pay attention to the blood splatter against the wall to tell me if I'm hitting my opponent. Or sometimes I just know I'm aiming at his head from experience and I got an instant headshot with no crosshair. It is fun.

Iron sights wouldn't add much and aren't that realistic imo.

They add what I stated above (for me anyway) extra attention to your surroundings and blood splatter. I think they are a tad more realistic, and it is fine that we have a difference in opinion.

You don't raise the gun to your chin your lower your eyes to the gun except with pistols of course. :p

Sure you do when taking distance shots out on a rifle range. That is what the iron sights are for, distance shots only.

I can play at long range just fine without ironsights, Crosshair does just fine.

The crosshair does a wonderful job at distance, but if I disable the crosshair and aim for distance shots, I completely miss, which is why I suggest iron sights for when the crosshair is disabled.

IMO, Ironsights just distract.

Crosshairs at mid range distract me sometimes. I'm too busy looking at the crosshair instead of looking at where the bullet patterns are actually landing and if I see blood bursts.

Anyway, thank you for your serious input. I appreciate it.

Killington
12-26-2010, 03:37 AM
I was discussing this with my dad who's a been playing since it was just a mod for HL1.

Ironsights really are pointless because you are already basically have the gun raised to the best aim possible. You don't need an indicator of that.

I know what you are talking about. I think that is a problem with the game though. Terrorists with an AK47 fire from the hip but with an m4 you fire from an aiming position. It just depends on your gun what type of position the model is aiming in, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a gameplay standpoint.

Type "crosshair 0" without quotes into the console, and play a couple rounds. You will understand why crosshairs (I think I meant to say iron sights) would be needed at long range in such a situation.

And a model fix should be in order to adjust for that.

JATR1X
12-27-2010, 05:55 AM
after playing a lot of war games recently it became impossible to play css for me xD. i'm serious. there must be iron sites or some sort of aiming. because now you guess when you shoot

4 burner bbq
12-27-2010, 07:18 AM
i disagree jatrix, enable legacy crosshair and us crosshairscale 9999, then you will know exactly where you are shooting... use that with the bullpup or the krieg and viola, iron sights

hl3_exe
12-27-2010, 08:33 AM
after playing a lot of war games recently it became impossible to play css for me xD. i'm serious. there must be iron sites or some sort of aiming. because now you guess when you shoot

Oh, you mean how you can press down MOUSE1 fullauto and use A-D-A-D to aim, along with the added benefit of zoooooooom and norecoil just in case it's too hard for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFWusVHB3jo&hd=1

Watch 0:30. Does COD or any of these ironsight games take any skill at all?

Jinoruizraged
12-27-2010, 05:12 PM
I know what you are talking about. I think that is a problem with the game though. Terrorists with an AK47 fire from the hip but with an m4 you fire from an aiming position. It just depends on your gun what type of position the model is aiming in, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense from a gameplay standpoint.

Type "crosshair 0" without quotes into the console, and play a couple rounds. You will understand why crosshairs would be needed at long range in such a situation.

And a model fix should be in order to adjust for that.

I won't do it. Don't really care about it. :)

If they were going to change the models they might as well change the whole games models and animations, but that won't happen until "CS2" I'm sure.

Killington
12-27-2010, 10:35 PM

I find that CS:S requires constant playing for one to be consistently good at. Just practice and you will be back to owning pubbers in no time.

Killington
12-27-2010, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFWusVHB3jo&hd=1

Watch 0:30. Does COD or any of these ironsight games take any skill at all?

HL could you stop harassing people who like to play Call of Duty? I think the youtube video makes the game look kinda fun, though I can see myself getting tired of it quick.

Anyway this is my favorite video so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spGLsMY47Xo makes me want to play CS every time I watch.

Killington
12-27-2010, 10:46 PM
I won't do it. Don't really care about it. :)

If they were going to change the models they might as well change the whole games models and animations, but that won't happen until "CS2" I'm sure.

CS2 isn't going to happen until Valve ditches the source engine IMO. Too many people still play Source, which is why I want CS:Source updated. No reason to get rid of CS if it can be improved.

DeepII
12-28-2010, 05:27 AM
Killington please put your answers into 1 post. Thanks.
HL could you stop harassing people who like to play Call of Duty? I think the youtube video makes the game look kinda fun, though I can see myself getting tired of it quick.
[...]
Fun, but it doesn't require much skill. I did never play CoD for a long time, but I even got bored after just a few rounds at a friend, because it's just way too easy.
CS2 isn't going to happen until Valve ditches the source engine IMO.
[...]
I don't think that this will happen anytime soon. They're actually working on the source engine all the time. Just look at Portal 2, it looks quite good. I don't think they need a major engine update in the near future (if at all). So _IF_ CS2 comes out, it'll probably still be a source engine game.

jhambles1212
12-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't think adding iron sights to source would be a good idea. It wouldn't really help much because most people can line up their crosshair quicker than someone could line up their iron sights. I agree that using no crosshair is fun, but it doesn't have any other use besides when you're warming up and making your eye hand coordination in sync. Iron sights aren't a good idea for source. It wouldn't have much impact for most players and would only lead to more players getting out picked more often and eventually quiting.

Killington
12-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Killington please put your answers into 1 post. Thanks.

Fun, but it doesn't require much skill. I did never play CoD for a long time, but I even got bored after just a few rounds at a friend, because it's just way too easy.

I completely agree. The last call of duty I played seriously was call of duty 2. I didn't see why CoD 4's multiplayer was an improvement nor any other sequential games.

I don't think that this will happen anytime soon. They're actually working on the source engine all the time. Just look at Portal 2, it looks quite good. I don't think they need a major engine update in the near future (if at all). So _IF_ CS2 comes out, it'll probably still be a source engine game.

I agree they won't be ditching the source engine for a really long time. And I don't see a Counter Strike 2 happening unless they have to port Counter Strike to a new engine. What I notice is that the only multiplayer games Valve is making sequels of are the ones that aren't already on the source engine.

Killington
12-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't think adding iron sights to source would be a good idea. It wouldn't really help much because most people can line up their crosshair quicker than someone could line up their iron sights. I agree that using no crosshair is fun, but it doesn't have any other use besides when you're warming up and making your eye hand coordination in sync. Iron sights aren't a good idea for source. It wouldn't have much impact for most players and would only lead to more players getting out picked more often and eventually quiting.

Hey, thanks for turning off your crosshairs and giving it a try! I think you were the first person to do that. I respect your input and I agree lining up crosshairs is slightly quicker than iron sights and is a good syncing warm up. I agree that iron sights would have minimal impact on how the game is played and would probably make people who use them have slightly lower scores, which doesn't bother me since I would want iron sights to be optional.

I would like to say that the main reason I want the option to use iron sights is to make distance shots easier when I turn off my crosshairs, which I guess seems a little selfish, but it would make it possible for anyone to play like that.

Jinoruizraged
12-28-2010, 11:25 PM
I just realized something....Ironsights is just a "crosshair" toggle. :eek:

sneax
12-29-2010, 04:11 AM
people will put dots on their screen and all is lost

maybe this will be good if every player must have a windscreen wiper on his monitor

also if you want a crosshair toggle you can make a script for it, toggle between standard crosshair and fully transparant one ...

Killington
12-29-2010, 04:56 AM
I just realized something....Ironsights is just a "crosshair" toggle. :eek:

Yeah in a way. I actually have two buttons on my keyboard binded to have the "Dot Crosshair" turn on and off. It works kinda like how iron sights would work. I may just bind them to my razer mouse eventually.

Killington
12-29-2010, 04:58 AM
people will put dots on their screen and all is lost

People can keep their old crosshair set ups. I'm not saying we should eliminate the old cross, rather just add a new iron sight option.

Jinoruizraged
12-29-2010, 08:59 AM
The other problem with Ironsights is that new players will assume that ironsights will increase weapon accuracy. What you're suggesting is it won't but that doesn't make sense if the guns by default are at the hip. The whole accuracy system would be effed.

In COD if you want to hit anything you HAVE TO ironsight or spray and pray when not. The accuracy values change when the sighting mode changes. But in CS you're always firing from the shoulder regardless of what the models say. So in that respect you'd have to drastically change the accuracy values of all weapons and add another variable to the mix.

Drag0nZorD!
12-29-2010, 09:04 AM
cant you just leave counter-strike alone for the people that like it?

not having iron sights is one of the things that makes CS, CS.

really, go play COD. stop trying to change the game.

there is a reason most of us here have been enjoying this game for 10+ years now.

Killington
12-29-2010, 11:43 AM
The other problem with Ironsights is that new players will assume that ironsights will increase weapon accuracy. What you're suggesting is it won't but that doesn't make sense if the guns by default are at the hip.

I agree with this one. Most people will think that iron sights = better accuracy. Then when they try it out they will be all WHAT THE MAMMA JAMMA for two seconds and then they will get on with their lives and continue to play CS:S as per usual.

Killington
12-29-2010, 11:46 AM
cant you just leave counter-strike alone for the people that like it?

not having iron sights is one of the things that makes CS, CS.

really, go play COD. stop trying to change the game.

there is a reason most of us here have been enjoying this game for 10+ years now.

Drag0n do you go on the beta forums hoping for everything to stay the same? May I direct you to the more tamed version of the Counter Strike forums where reading a topic isn't like this for you: OMG YOU SO CRAZY WHY YOU SAY THAT!!!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Doni
12-29-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't think crosshairs and iron sights can co-exist simply as aiming options in one game. They're too different.

XaresAssassin
12-29-2010, 06:25 PM
This game was never meant to be realistic.

It doesn't need ironsights.

I'm very used to headshoting with the AK with single shotting with crosshairs.

I'm ok if they add ironsights, just as long as they leave me an option with crosshairs.

Drag0nZorD!
12-29-2010, 09:52 PM
Drag0n do you go on the beta forums hoping for everything to stay the same?

lol because this is the place where people are trying to change it. dur?

May I direct you to the more tamed version of the Counter Strike forums where reading a topic isn't like this for you: OMG YOU SO CRAZY WHY YOU SAY THAT!!!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

why do you go on the CS forums hoping for a game that isnt cs? i dont think this game is for you.

try this forum.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=997

Killington
12-30-2010, 02:52 AM
I don't think crosshairs and iron sights can co-exist simply as aiming options in one game. They're too different.

Hmmmmm, well it is worth a try. I've seen it done it pretty much every other shooter.

Killington
12-30-2010, 02:53 AM
This game was never meant to be realistic.

It doesn't need ironsights.

I'm very used to headshoting with the AK with single shotting with crosshairs.

I'm ok if they add ironsights, just as long as they leave me an option with crosshairs.

Yep! That is how I think most people should feel. Thanks for posting.

Killington
12-30-2010, 02:56 AM
lol because this is the place where people are trying to change it.

Yes? looks at most of the topics on these forums compared to the regular Counter Strike Source forums. Pretty much all the topics on the beta are about changing counter strike. How can you even deny that?

Drag0nZorD!
12-30-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes? looks at most of the topics on these forums compared to the regular Counter Strike Source forums. Pretty much all the topics on the beta are about changing counter strike. How can you even deny that?

What are you even saying? I said I'm here because this is the place where people are trying to change it.

Jinoruizraged
12-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Adding Ironsights would change the core gameplay. If we wanted a crosshair toggle someone would have made it already. Its pointless.

HPE is not trying to change the game, they're trying to make it the best CS experience possible on the Orange box engine. So far they've done a decent job. I think an effective thing they could do is change the beta to a closed one and invite the top 4 CS:S teams into it. :p

Drag0nZorD!
12-30-2010, 11:32 AM
I think an effective thing they could do is change the beta to a closed one and invite the top 4 CS:S teams into it. :p

although i agree, not all cs players play in matches and on teams. a lot just pub.

DeepII
12-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Adding Ironsights would change the core gameplay. If we wanted a crosshair toggle someone would have made it already. Its pointless.

HPE is not trying to change the game, they're trying to make it the best CS experience possible on the Orange box engine. So far they've done a decent job. I think an effective thing they could do is change the beta to a closed one and invite the top 4 CS:S teams into it. :p
I think only 4 topteams isn't enough. Maybe get ~3 top teams of every country.
Also more involvement by leagues would be a good thing. Maybe do special Beta Cups, so many players can test out the new features under competitive environment.

Jinoruizraged
12-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Like what they were doing with TF2. /nods.

DJMarkHills
12-31-2010, 04:13 AM
Jesus christ you must be joking, HPE are supposed to be fixing the game, not completely changing it. +1 to everybody else in this thread who said to go and play a different game, i.e COD/Battlefield.

ChanzzL
12-31-2010, 03:05 PM
-1 for ironsights. Its completely and utter useless for css. Ive used no crosshair before, its fun, but a ironsight will not work with CSS and shouldn't be implemented. PPL who want it have many games to choose from:) and to be honest u have gotten the constructive feedback but also negative, but you should respect that most of us think this idea is completely ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, im out, pz.

debrox
01-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Oh boy it's getting ridiculous now.

Go play cod or some other ♥♥♥♥. Iron sights is the most stupid thing in FPS games ever. It just takes out all speed of the game and makes it even more random at close distance.
agree
Stop trying to make cs not cs
agree

go play COD if you want a spamfest
agree
Yeah, sure! the community will support this. -.-

tip: Insurgency
agree
Don't people realise it requires a lot more skill to kill of a enemy at long to medium range usng the crosshair.Iron sites just makes things way to easy.

Stick to COD f you cant cope with the high skilled fist person shooters.
agree
No game with iron sights will ever be competitive, ever.
agree
agree

didn't read rest of thread, too much unanimity to even bother.

Jinoruizraged
01-01-2011, 11:00 AM
although i agree, not all cs players play in matches and on teams. a lot just pub.

CS is a competitive multiplayer experience. I don't think there should be the kind of division in player base as TF2 has.

Drag0nZorD!
01-01-2011, 03:04 PM
I don't think there should be the kind of division in player base as TF2 has.

what do you think the ratio is pubbers to competitive?

Killington
01-02-2011, 09:41 AM
what do you think the ratio is pubbers to competitive?

I think it is probably around 98% pubber and clans 2% people who try to make money off of playing on a 5 man team.

Drag0nZorD!
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I think it is probably around 98% pubber and clans 2% people who try to make money off of playing on a 5 man team.

well there arnt THAT many pubbers to competitive players but you still got the point.

Jinoruizraged
01-03-2011, 09:18 AM
Making money means nothing tbh.

If the game is too easy to master modernwarfare then we have a problem.

Half of the TF2 community only plays for hats while the other half yearns for the old Beta days with out all the nonsense metagame.

DJMarkHills
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM

No way, it's at least 50/50, if not a lot more in favour of competitive. Look at leagues like esl, enemydown, cal, esea. They barely scratch the surface of how many people play competitively.

Not to mention, I'm a competitive player but I still enjoy playing public, and have done for 6 years. The game needs fixing, not changing entirely.

Killington
01-05-2011, 06:50 AM
No way, it's at least 50/50, if not a lot more in favour of competitive. Look at leagues like esl, enemydown, cal, esea. They barely scratch the surface of how many people play competitively.

Not to mention, I'm a competitive player but I still enjoy playing public, and have done for 6 years. The game needs fixing, not changing entirely.

I would say that many more hours are logged playing counter strike in pubs than in official competitions. I was more thinking of evens where you have to bring your PC along with you against other top ranking people across the country.

It is very hard to estimate the ratio without a fair basis of comparison.

DJMarkHills
01-05-2011, 08:00 AM
I would say that many more hours are logged playing counter strike in pubs than in official competitions. I was more thinking of evens where you have to bring your PC along with you against other top ranking people across the country.

Lans are few and far between, and they no way account for even a small percentage of the competitive community. I agree though that it's hard to estimate it, so it's probably better to just not even try.

2Xmatch
01-05-2011, 08:56 AM
I already painted a dot in the middle of my screen , let the iron-sight gameplay begin. That's how switching to iron sights translates to cs. It's that simple:
If my first bullet hits the middle of the screen like usual , even if you increase the recoil, i'l still get at least one bullet in you b4 you put your iron sights , not to mention i have better mobility. So css would become a game where all noobs use iron sights just so that the old players who can control the recoil and have good aim get models with built in crosshairs or just paint dots on their screens because it gives them the advantage, more specially when you can't prove that someone has a painted dot.

Jinoruizraged
01-05-2011, 09:25 AM

You can't compete all the time....just like any other sport you have to have practice sessions more often than you compete.

Killington
01-05-2011, 03:22 PM
I already painted a dot in the middle of my screen , let the iron-sight gameplay begin.

I didn't say with dot sight should be taken away. Just the option for people to use iron sights.