PDA

View Full Version : connecting to yuplay... followed by computer lock up... WTF

Destractions
12-19-2010, 08:54 AM
Demo worked fine, game works fine as long as I don't try to log into yuplay. When I do the game locks up my entire computer. It just hangs on the connecting screen playing the theme music and showing mouse control but even windows keyboard commands are disabled forcing me to do a hard restart in windows and do a disk check hoping I havent caused any damage, awesome! Any tips or should I just give up on any online features?

(Rant)
I have to say I was s stoked to buy this game after playing the demo, then I came into the forums just to check on how everyone was enjoying it and all I found were threads about this garbage DRM. I thought, forget about it, I'm sure it works fine and these guys are mad in principal. No such luck.
When it asked me to activate I followed the procedure and that I had used 1 of my 3 activations and it isntalled its client into my computer. Then when I went to log on and it said it didn't work, so I retry now my whole computer hangs up.

I've had a steam account since 2004 and never had a problem with any game like this. The publishers of this game should be ashamed and steam should step in and deal with this as this tarnishes what has been a great service to me. Next time I will heed the warnings of others users before buying a game with such reported issues.

WarGameKlok
12-19-2010, 08:58 AM
It appears that their activation server/yuplay servers are down at the moment.

Destractions
12-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I understand servers being down, that is fine, except the game should simply put me into offline mode and I'd be on my way. This DRM however takes complete control of my computer and takes it down with the servers. That is way, way beyond the control of what a software publisher should have over my games, let alone my entire computer.

Am I being crazy or is being forced into hard restarts on my computer because a remote DRM server has crashed perfectly acceptable? I have tried it 3 times in the last day and this has been my result everytime.

EDIT: servers finally up, game working

WarGameKlok
12-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I have logged 670 hours playing this game and this is only the third time that I've run into the servers being down. For a couple of minutes. I can live with that. It was much worse on the Ubisoft verification servers when I was playing HAWX

Destractions
12-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Again, servers down, no problem. Hijacking my computer and forcing me to do a hard restart and risking y system, certainly a problem. The game is working fine now but I will think long and hard before buying another game connecting with this yuplay client.

WarGameKlok
12-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Im not trying to argue with you. I'm merely trying to help a player who needs assistance instead of ignoring you. You're welcome for the assistance.

fearlessfrog
12-19-2010, 12:41 PM
I understand servers being down, that is fine, except the game should simply put me into offline mode and I'd be on my way. This DRM however takes complete control of my computer and takes it down with the servers. That is way, way beyond the control of what a software publisher should have over my games, let alone my entire computer.

Am I being crazy or is being forced into hard restarts on my computer because a remote DRM server has crashed perfectly acceptable? I have tried it 3 times in the last day and this has been my result everytime.

EDIT: servers finally up, game working

Wow - couldn't you alt-tab out and kill the process?

Destractions
12-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Wow - couldn't you alt-tab out and kill the process?

No alt+tab, not even alt+control+delete. The pc wouldn't respond to any keyboard input and the In game mouse was frozen though alt+tab revealed a movin mouse in the background. This computer never has any issues with crashing or hanging up, it's obvious the drm is pretty deep routed and volatile.

Im not trying to argue with you. I'm merely trying to help a player who needs assistance instead of ignoring you. You're welcome for the assistance.

Arguing? I'm not sure what you are talking about as I have said nothing to even disagree with anything you have said. Further, you didn't really offer any advice that helped my situation, but thanks for your input anyways.

BasketCaseOIC
12-19-2010, 08:24 PM
Diskussion im Zusammenhang mit DRM ist streng verboten!!!

Destractions
12-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Diskussion im Zusammenhang mit DRM ist streng verboten!!!
und jetzt haben sie es einfach für mich, nicht kaufen, die luftewaffe Expansion. sie können ihre DRM-innen ihre Arschlöcher stecken!

ProudTiger
12-26-2010, 02:33 AM
I have logged 670 hours playing this game and this is only the third time that I've run into the servers being down. For a couple of minutes. I can live with that. It was much worse on the Ubisoft verification servers when I was playing HAWX

WORLD NEWS UPDATE.

First YUPLAY wop player actually got to play online today in a world first.

FFS,if you can play online with yuplay ,then aeroplanes lay eggs.

YUPLAY FDARJKING SUCKS.

I haven't been able to get online after countless tries.

agentghost
12-26-2010, 11:43 AM
way to treat buyer, Gaijin. You and your ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ insistent on YuPlay + StarForce

drg0nzo1
12-27-2010, 10:50 AM
I'm getting the same exact thing. When I try to let it connect to yuplay servers it just freezes my comp, can't do anything but a hard restart.

thomasdt
12-27-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes yuplay is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Fir some god forsaken reason is you don't register your serial number at yuplay.com then the game freezes when you try multiplayer.

Go create your account and enter your serial/activation code.