PDA

View Full Version : Games List

Axel404
12-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Once you've downloaded a mod on Steam, I personally think it should stay in your games list even if you delete it.

Obviously the thought process working against me here is, well if you're playing a game you'll have it installed.

Sometimes however one might find them self searching for hard drive space, and make room by deleting one of the free mods of HL2 featured in the store (Dystopia, Zombie Panic, etc.)

So I thought at least the free mods that are directly available through steam, should be place on everyone's game list who owns the game that mod requires. I'm sure this will bring some more life into mods that otherwise may have went unnoticed, as well as reminding us forgetful people such a game exists.

dragonrage252
12-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I agree as well.. the minute you have a source game.. all of the appropriate mods should appear in your game list ready to be downloaded... It's a real pain just to go search for all of them.. The search feature in the steam store doesn't have a freakin filter in it..

If the game doesn't source or any other game engine then it should appear in everyone accounts game list..

w00ties
12-19-2010, 10:11 PM
On one hand this would help mods get their names out there, but on the other I imagine a lot of gamers would get annoyed if a ton of mods were added to their list automatically (especially if they own HL2, because there are a fair number of mods for it).

As long as I actively added a mod to my list I wouldn't mind, but if it just showed up without any way to remove it I think I would get a little annoyed. Maybe it's just me though, I enjoy having my Steam list full of games I either know I enjoy or purchased myself.

dragonrage252
12-19-2010, 10:12 PM
On one hand this would help mods get their names out there, but on the other I imagine a lot of gamers would get annoyed if a ton of mods were added to their list automatically (especially if they own HL2, because there are a fair number of mods for it).

As long as I actively added a mod to my list I wouldn't mind, but if it just showed up without any way to remove it I think I would get a little annoyed. Maybe it's just me though, I enjoy having my Steam list full of games I either know I enjoy or purchased myself.

Just change the filter to installed :D or recently played.. The list of unplayed games automatically disappear from your current game list..

w00ties
12-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Just change the filter to installed :D or recently played.. The list of unplayed games automatically disappear from your current game list..

But what about all the games I haven't had time to install or play but want to play eventually, they'll be forgotten along with the mods :p

Maybe a 'mod' section of your library could be created, and anybody interested in exploring what's out there can just browse that particular section which would contain all the mods you are able to install (rather than mixing purchased games and mods).

Axel404
12-22-2010, 05:23 PM
Well it would only place the mods that they have featured in the steam store in your games list, so it wouldn't be adding the hundreds of mods that exist for HL2 but it would add the 10 (or so) that are featured on the steam store.

Also a mod section of the library is good idea as well.

Preferably this would happen with all games that have mods featured on the steam store (HL2, Killing Floor, Red Orchestra) But if it only happened with HL2 I think it would be a welcome improvement by all users of steam