PDA

View Full Version : I like it, but wanted to explore the graveyard a bit

Chris_TC
12-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Well, I bought the game because I found the premise very intriguing and completely different from other games.

Having played it twice now (the first time, the old lady died on the bench, the second time she got up and walked back to the gate), I think the atmosphere is quite fascinating. With the wind blowing, you can hear the birds, the cloud shadows moving around. It's actually beautiful.

However, I really would have liked being able to walk around the graveyard a little bit. You're essentially forced to walk straight to the bench, even though there are other paths as well.

So I guess I was hoping for a bit more interactivity. But I still enjoyed it, and I will probably play it a few more times.

sir_real
12-21-2010, 08:43 PM
I took the path to be more metaphysical than an actual path. You're inevitably walking toward your death. She is walking to meet death but you never know if he'll meet her there...maybe next time.

Screecher
01-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Well, guess no point in playing this anymore lol

disgruntled_gir
07-09-2011, 10:33 PM
I was hoping/expecting to have her visiting each grave and having a memory or a thought AS she made her way to the bench. That really would have improved this game.

colorado
07-18-2011, 12:57 AM
I actually tried walking down one of the paths, but because the camera doesn't move I got stuck behind a gravestone. At least 5 minutes of the 12 minutes I logged playing this game was spent trying to get myself unstuck from a gravestone (and I listened to the whole bloody song!...every last hackneyed, pretentious, 9th grade creative writing poetry class, second of it).

But perhaps the crappy controls are just a metaphor for how none of us really control our own lives. We often set out on various unknown paths in life, but we can never tell how they will end. Thus we often find ourselves stuck spinning around behind (metaphorical) gravestones, blind to the world and ourselves, unable to move forwards or back. Such is the cruel whimsy of fate!

....either that or this game just sucks.

Yeah.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it's just that this game sucks.