PDA

View Full Version : Is there any reason to get bejeweled 2 if I got this?

Trenchgun
12-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Wondering if I should get bejeweled 2 while it's on sale.
Does it offer anything different I might want? Music is different, but is it better? Just one example.

Trenchgun
12-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Or maybe there are more puzzles

Jonny5300394
12-21-2010, 04:20 AM
The music is different and the puzzles are different but that is just about it. I love Bejeweled 2 however it pales in comparison to Bejeweled 3.

SirNinja
12-23-2010, 10:37 AM
Bejeweled 2 has a lot of unique modes. There's Action mode, which starts the levelup bar at 50%. The bar decreases over time, so you have to make matches quickly. There are two other variations on Action mode as well, although the second one is extraordinarily time-consuming to get.

Bej 2 also has a Puzzle mode. Some of the puzzles are quite tough. (Don't click Hint unless you absolutely have to, though!) Get far enough in Classic Mode (pass level 17, I think?), and you'll unlock a variation of it where gravity inverts after each match. Fun!

There's also an easter egg mode where you can play old-school Bejeweled (it's basically Classic, but without special gems from matching 4 or 5 in a row).

Shenzi
12-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Bejeweled 2 has a lot of unique modes. There's Action mode, which starts the levelup bar at 50%. The bar decreases over time, so you have to make matches quickly. There are two other variations on Action mode as well, although the second one is extraordinarily time-consuming to get.

Bej 2 also has a Puzzle mode. Some of the puzzles are quite tough. (Don't click Hint unless you absolutely have to, though!) Get far enough in Classic Mode (pass level 17, I think?), and you'll unlock a variation of it where gravity inverts after each match. Fun!

There's also an easter egg mode where you can play old-school Bejeweled (it's basically Classic, but without special gems from matching 4 or 5 in a row).

pretty much what he said in the first paragraph. i haven't tried bj3 much, but i haven't seen the action mode in bj3. but didn't test it thoroughly yet.

Hans_Olo243
07-07-2011, 04:42 AM
pretty much what he said in the first paragraph. i haven't tried bj3 much, but i haven't seen the action mode in bj3. but didn't test it thoroughly yet.

It is one of the unlockable modes.