PDA

View Full Version : Does Strangers Wrath support controllers?

Aaron Schmidt
12-21-2010, 06:08 AM
title says it all

SparkTR
12-21-2010, 06:11 AM
My wired 360 controller works perfectly with it.

StingingVelvet
12-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Yes, it detects my 360 pad automatically and even uses the correct HUD labels and such. As a matter of fact the mouse control is pretty bad in the game, so I would almost say you need to use a controller.

JackRyder
12-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Unfortunately the XBOX controller emulator does not seem to work, though, maybe it needs some special settings. People like me, that don't have an xbox controller, have buttons randomly assigned in a completely schizophrenic way, for example pause and inventory are on the triggers and melee fighting is on the right stick!

Dr.Pator
12-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Same thing for me. I've got a Logitech dual action gamepad set up (rigged like a PS2 controller setup), TocaEdit's XBox360 controller emulator doesn't seem to work so far, I didn't try xInputEmu3.0 yet.

I just have to say that most Microsoft games I own tend to give me that same lecture whenever I try playing with my non-XBox controller. It was the same for Mirror's Edge, where the joysticks were completely reversed, and the buttons all messed up. That last one though, I could emulate the controller just fine.

Stewart Gilray
12-22-2010, 10:20 AM
We will be adding support for Generic PC joypads in the New Year.

Kancho
01-06-2011, 06:51 PM
We will be adding support for Generic PC joypads in the New Year.

When you step out?:confused:

DJ Cryotek
01-07-2011, 05:51 AM
You guys should get 360 controllers. Every PC gamer should own one at this point. They are natively supported by a lot of games now, and frankly they are better than that decade-old logitech design (mine is in a box somewhere gathering dust).

Part of the reason controller support on PC games has been so bad and so schizophrenic in the past is because there was never any "standard" controller. Using the 360 as a base makes controller support much easier and more user-friendly; you can even navigate the menus with them in a lot of games.

Stewart Gilray
01-07-2011, 06:04 AM
When you step out?:confused:

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?

DotWin801
01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Sorry I don't understand what you mean?
I think Kancho meant: "When will you release the patch supporting Generic PC joypads?"

By the way, even though MUNCH and STRANGER still need some polish, I want to say a big thank you to all developers of these games: I have waited for such a long time for these two games finally be released on PC.
Me and my brother have been ODDWORLD fans since the very first game released 14 years ago, and even bought MUNCH a year before owning an XBOX, just to support the series. We also own the great ODDWORLD Art book.

I have been playing MUNCH for several hours now on PC, and it has been the first time in several years that I played a game that made me so happy, and I enjoyed so much.

I am looking forward to new patches with bug fixes and improvements, and you guys should know, that there are many people out there that are very thankful and appreciate your hard work. :)

DotWin

Kancho
01-07-2011, 01:27 PM
I think Kancho meant: "When will you release the patch supporting Generic PC joypads?"

yes, was this my question...:p

Stewart Gilray
01-07-2011, 02:33 PM
We are looking to do an update that allows for generic controllers to be setup manually, IE you configure it.

There are that many pads available for the PC, that it would make sense to just do a generic joypad configure system.

We want this in the first update.