PDA

View Full Version : if i buy this game...

Raefzm
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
does it include any gametime or do i have to purchase that aswell?

i read somewhere that it does infact include 30 days of playtime, but that it requires a valid creditcard in order to register - why is this? Why do they need my creditcard if they are not going to charge me anything (because they are not going to charge me anything right? i'm planning on buying this on the steam sale, and play the free 30 days. Then, if i like it, purchase more time. But i won't buy time until i've had those 30 days. SO wth does it need my credit card for?

And one more question, if it does infact only cost 10 for the 30 days, when does these 30 days start? is it from the day that i start my account, the day i log in or the day i purchase?

as i said, i want to buy this game, but i wont have time to play it in perhaps 15-25 days. If the 30 day limit would start counting right away, i see no reason for me to buy it.

hope you can answer this, kk thx bai!

Raefzm
12-21-2010, 02:02 PM
do reply k

DeathTripp
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Almost all if not all MMO's include a free month of game time (30 days) with the purchase of the game. This one is no exception. They take your credit card info just like any other MMO. It's just the way MMO's do things because most people use recurring billing; I don't. Put your credit card info in and then cancel your subscription. You'll play for your free 30 days and then you can buy another month whenever you want and not be billed after the free time. The 30 days will start on the day you register your key/make your account. You can buy the game and then just register your key whenever you want, effectively allowing you to buy and then wait to play.

Pssartist
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeh you get 30 days free time with this purchase. Theres a couple of other threads here talking about it.
NCsoft use your account details to setup a payment plan linked to your game account (ALL pay2play mmo`s do this) so that if after the 30days free time you like and want to stay, payment is automatically taken. You can cancel your subscription straight away if you want and can still use the free time on the account, then setup the payment method again after if you decide to.

The free time starts when you apply the steam key to your NCsoft account. After purchase and start to download through steam, a window pops up directing you to NCsoft to setup up your account etc. If you dont want to start playing right away you can hold out on creating your account and do it another time. You can still download the client without creating an account too which is handy for people with a slow connection. You could lose a day or 2 downloading this 15gig behemoth.

Hope that helps, and if im wrong someone correct me please, the beers are flowing...

Germaximus
12-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Instead of making a new thread ill ask here due to the topic of the thread. :p

If i buy the new expansion Assault on Balaurea will i be able to play the game or do i have to buy all the previous versions also?

How much is the monthly subscription?

Pssartist
12-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Assault on Balaurea includes the original game. It was actually a free expansion to the game so were basically buying the full client. Subscription is 8.99 a month

Germaximus
12-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Awesome thank you.

Raefzm
12-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Instead of making a new thread ill ask here due to the topic of the thread. :p

If i buy the new expansion Assault on Balaurea will i be able to play the game or do i have to buy all the previous versions also?

How much is the monthly subsrciption?

from what i heard the assault on balaurea is a free expansion, so no matter if you buy that or the tower of eternity, you will end up with just Aion 2.0