PDA

View Full Version : Oddworld Munches Oddysee crash bug

Stimms
12-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Oddworld Munches oddysee runs smoothly and perfectly on my computer, but during the first minutes of gameplay, Munch.exe crashes for no reason, I know there are loads of other threads about this, but I tried the following:

Run as an administrator
Run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2
Disable the visual themes
Disable desktop composition
Verify game cache
Defragment cache files

I tried all of them, but this still doesn't work, I am not disappointed (because this was a gift from a friend) I just need a solution. :confused:

Here are my system specs

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7100/NVIDIA nForce 630i

And if your wondering, I don't own Strangers Wrath yet, because of the huge frame rate bug, so I will most likely be getting the PS3 version when it is released, although if this issue is fixed, I will probably buy it on steam. :cool:

crashicth
12-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Oddworld Munches oddysee runs smoothly and perfectly on my computer, but during the first minutes of gameplay, Munch.exe crashes for no reason, I know there are loads of other threads about this, but I tried the following:

Run as an administrator
Run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2
Disable the visual themes
Disable desktop composition
Verify game cache
Defragment cache files

I tried all of them, but this still doesn't work, I am not disappointed (because this was a gift from a friend) I just need a solution. :confused:

Here are my system specs

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit SP2
Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 2.00GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7100/NVIDIA nForce 630i

And if your wondering, I don't own Strangers Wrath yet, because of the huge frame rate bug, so I will most likely be getting the PS3 version when it is released, although if this issue is fixed, I will probably buy it on steam. :cool:
I've been on the main forum and they have "fixed"
crashing bug and should be released later, maybe around 6pm, keep up to speed with forums so you dont miss out the important things

Stimms
12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I've been on the main forum and they have "fixed"
crashing bug and should be released later, maybe around 6pm, keep up to speed with forums so you dont miss out the important things

Thanks for the post, when the update is released, I will hopefully be enjoying Munches Oddysee as much as I enjoyed the originals.

crashicth
12-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the post, when the update is released, I will hopefully be enjoying Munches Oddysee as much as I enjoyed the originals.

;) you ever played munch in the past? i still have it on xbox so yanno :P

Stimms
12-22-2010, 10:10 AM
;) you ever played munch in the past? i still have it on xbox so yanno :P

i have never owned an xbox, i had a ps2 but the game was cancelled for this console, i have waited 5 years for a pc port.

crashicth
12-22-2010, 10:42 AM
i wish it was on ps2, it was because of munch's oddysee i even brought an xbox