PDA

View Full Version : Settings change fails

Lighthill
12-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Aargh. Entering settings (Main menu-->Settings) freezes the game, kind of. And when playing in first stage of evolution, entering "cell editor" freezes the whole game. Black screen, just Spore cursor. Nice. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!

Just installed the game so all default settings. starting up the game with low graphics.

I click settings and it opens the settings menu to the lower right corner, out of reach, nothing can be seen, chosen and the menu cant be moved. Impossible to change ANY SETTINGS. Can't adjust graphics, nothing.

Actually since I cant close the settings neither, the game jams itself on. The Main menu does not allow close game option to be chosen anymore, among other things. And only way to make the options window disappear is to force shut down the game. :(

Jesus christ! Yeah, I bought a discount game, but does that mean only low-end graphics enabled. :(((

Tips anyone?

Z_R_K
12-24-2010, 06:15 AM
Hi man. I bought Spore Complete Pack and I have same problem when I trying change settings in game. But when I start "Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack" I don't have problem with settings. I just change settings. But it's doesn't help for "Spore". Maybe my solution help you.

Lighthill
12-25-2010, 01:52 AM
Hi man. I bought Spore Complete Pack and I have same problem when I trying change settings in game. But when I start "Spore: Creepy & Cute Parts Pack" I don't have problem with settings. I just change settings. But it's doesn't help for "Spore". Maybe my solution help you.

I have complete pack too.

Nope. Creepy & Cute, the same problem. Settings window opens out of reach to lower right corner and it cant be closed, moved or nothing. It stays there until client is forced to shut down (shutting game down from menu is also disabled by this problem).