PDA

View Full Version : 50% off, buy now or wait?

RabidPinata
12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
I just noticed the game is 50% off. I have been wanting to try this game out forever. But first im wondering how long this 50% off sale is as its not listed as a daily. And also wondering if I should wait for it to maybe appear on a daily sale

Aetius
12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
All sales end on the 2nd of January.

It's worth $5 and i doubt it will go on a daily sale. But you could wait for that possibility and save at most $2.50.

These holiday sales don't seem to be as cheap as last years. I bought this game for $3.75 last holiday sale.

eg0elite
12-29-2010, 02:48 PM
Edit: I'll buy it at $5 since that seems to be the cheapest way to obtain it legally. However I'm going to have to end up doing some shady business to run a patched version. I'm sick of being treated like a criminal and having to dl cracks, deal with intrusive drm ect. and in this instance not even get a patched product!

I currently always pay for the games I play and have been a video game collector for over 10 years but lately the way the industry craps all over fans makes me wonder why I even support them.

Gone'Postal
12-29-2010, 04:20 PM
whats the patch?

Monster_user
12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
I guess it is worth $5. This game relies heavily on Quick Time Events. Worse, these events require you to focus on the Simon Says gameplay, and not the cinematics. So you often miss what is happening on screen. The basketball mini-game is the rare exception.

Its got an incredible opening level, which turns into a B-movie grade conspiracy story, with some Matrix/Dragonball style fight sequences.

12-07-2005
Popularity: 3%

Short description: A US patch taking Indigo Prophecy to v1.1. The details of the patch are listed below. Read the full description
Install Instructions:
-Locate the Indigo_Prophecy_Patch1.1.zip file you downloaded.
-Open the file, and extract the Indigo Prophecy Patch 1.1 version 2.msp file to your Desktop
-Double-click the file to begin the installation

File Details:
-In the level "Waking up", if Lucas dies the policeman doesn't show up at the door anymore.
-The random freeze on the loading screen in the level "Police Work" doesn't occur anymore.
-The freeze issue in the level "cemetery" when Lucas runs out of hangar after time run out is solved.
-The freeze issue in the level "Carla's appartment" when the user switches from Carla to Tyler is fixed.
-Fix a problem of activation of Tommy entrance cinematics
-The crash during the level "basketball" on some specific configurations is fixed.
-Fix a flying guitar bug!

Source. (http://www.filefront.com/4440160/Indigo-Prophecy-v1.1-US-Patch/#)